Okay! There was a bit of disquiet about the leadership of Eselbrador in the chatroom, so it was agreed that a new kingdom would be established in the Eselbrador canon. Unfortunately, that's about as far as we got in the chatroom that I am aware of. This is the thread where suggestions on location, name, size, description, culture, and otherwise in regards to this new kingdom can be discussed.

Speaking from an outside perspective, it seems rather curious to me that there has been some 'disquiet' over the leadership of a kingdom where there is only one semi-active thread,  The Kiara and Vikenti Wedding. It seems like quite an abrupt measure to create a whole new kingdom to resolve a dispute, when the Eselbrador setting is so seldom used. I used to run a forum that kept expanding its different settings, but the inherent trouble with creating new sub-forums was they all were relatively underused, which was quite disheartening given the effort and care gone into making the settings. You can even see it here, the Zaridia sub-forum has only one thread in it from 2012. It just seems to me that creating a new setting just to resolve a disagreement is not the best way to encourage roleplaying activity.

Yeah, why is this a thing? I thought we settled this already. There was never any threat to the kingdom o_O

Oh!
Sorry. I guess I just liked the idea of a second kingdom and got ahead of myself. Sorry guys.

SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME

Nooo, don't be sorry! It is a good idea! No shame!! 😢 I'm sorry I even brought something like that up. T__T What did you have in mind, just a second board, or a section within?

LOL. Don't worry about it. I'm fine. 🙂
I've flipped out with scrolling banners like that way worse before. :3

Well you and Gerns are absolutely correct about a need for definite, dedicated interest before we ask for a whole board to be devoted to this new kingdom, so my idea was basically a sort of episodic journey to discover this new kingdom. Perhaps a man appears, claiming to be a long lost heir to a long dead empire, and demands to have his throne restored. The nobles and higher-ups of Eselbrador don't want to deal with this guy and his crazy demands so they scrape together a bunch of undesirable folks from around the kingdom and give them to the prince so he can go claim his own kingdom. From there the ragtag band search various ruined capitals around the continent, stopping at each to see if it can be reclaimed from the dark, wild forces that have taken it over. Basically after the introductory thread, each ruin would garner its own thread to explore it, discover what's wrong with it, and either destroy or escape that dark force. If we can do several threads with these same characters and eventually settle somewhere, I think that would prove that we mean to keep the kingdom alive and would therefore be worthy of a private board.

That's just my idea of course. I'd love to hear some criticism and counter-ideas.

I'd have to agree with Gerns and Red. There is not really enough activity in that area to sustain another board to be put in.

Perhaps if we had a "bad guy/gal" or some kind a threat against the kingdom, it would help gain more activity in this area. Kariska was that threat, but no one really took is place when he left.
Maybe a descendant of a defeated enemy coming back to claim the throne as "rightfully their's" before the Whitedeaths "cheated" and defeated them …. or something like that.

Though in the end to settle the matter "Eselbrador don't want to deal with this guy and his crazy demands so they scrape together a bunch of undesirable folks from around the kingdom and give them to the prince so he can go claim his own kingdom [on a scrap of land, maybe an island, on the boarder of their kingdom]"

Getting it's own board however, would depend on how active we can get this sub-area of the forum.

Views