Approaching (open)

• "I'm glad you made it up!" He said with excitement as he pushed open the doors with his paw. "Yes, years and years of sneaking, stealing, and eavesdropping got me here. Thats how I lost my arm." Spoken with good nature, the jovial beast took the lead and beckoned her to follow. "Just because I'm older than most now, I still have to keep some of my youth with me." He chuckled.

"Now this is the first corridor that leads to the many places of the giant mountain fortress. I hope you will enjoy your stay. I'll show you to the sickbay where injured creatures go to get proper treatment. We'll have you bandaged up proper in no time."

• Military base, plus one thief. Got it. If Flitz had any possessions she might be worried about them. The man spoke kindly, but the fact that he was missing a limb held some very heavy implications. Maybe he even lost it in this very mountain. She listened to his story and nodded, curious to know more, but asking vertain questions was just impolite, and she didn't want to offend her host.

She followed him through the corridor, wide eyed, drinking in all the sites. "Whoah.How far up does it go?" She mused more to herself than anyone. In her head she wondered how many beasts it took to build this, how long ago it might have been, to what specific purpose, who might have passed through the halls…For some reason she had the feeling it was a powerful, ancient place. Suddenly she felt very small.

• "Goes all the way up to the badger chambers on the top of the mountain! It's a vast amount of space, that's for sure." He exclaimed having her follow him further into the belly of the mountain.

He nodded as he passed by many young and older hares a like, many bowed with an elegant leg to the newcomer. They went about their tasks, saying their "Hi's" to the duo. "Alright Flitz, here we are." He pointed forward with his only paw and smiled. "The infirmary. Here you will be cleaned up, can bathe, and have a new set of clothes if you so wish to do so. Afterwards, we will have dinner. Meet me out here in one hour, I'll be around, just call if you need me."

Cecil looked to the harenurses and smiled. "Please do take care of our guest, she's had a long day." One of them chuckled and replied heartily. "Aye aye, sah. She'll be right as rain don't cha know. We'll take good care o' her. Wot!"

• Badger! Sirens went screaming in her head, badger! That was the catch, that's what was wrong with this place, BADGERS! BADGERS!?

Flitz contained herself and did her best to be a polite guest. She nodded politely at all the hares as they passed her by. For a mountain inhabited by a badger, there was a remarkable amount of people still roaming the hallways.

When they arrived, as Cecil pointed to the door with only one hand, Flitz had a startling revelation about where the other one probably went. "Okay I'll see you in a bit."

Despite her fear, she couldn't help but chuckle at the hares speech and chipper attitutde. If she was going to get gored to death by a badger, she may as well be bathed, bandaged and fed first, and it wasn't like someone hadn't tried to eat her once already, maybe she should lighten up? She'd still be careful, but it was hard not to feel disarmed around the hares.

"Er…hello!"

• "Top of the evenin' to ya marm! We're 'ere ta make you feel right as rain, wot! C'mon now missie, lets get you cleaned up. There's a fire 'eated bath over there." The harenurse points with a soft white paw towards the bathing area. "You just take yore time an' will be ready to fix you up when you are ready." The nurse went to work getting herbs and medicines ready while the other nursemaid started cutting cloth bandages in different lengths.

Cecil was strolling around the corridors, waiting for his guest to be finished. "I do wish I could show her to the Badger lord, but we haven't had one in seasons." He said quietly to himself, thinking about the lack of a leader. He didn't have any counseling sessions with some of the hares for the rest of the night, as a matter of fact, he hadn't had much to do all day. The old mouse was just happy to see a new face pop up.

• No matter how uptight and careful Flitz was trying to be, the hares strange accent always made her crack a smile and giggle, it was contagious. Eventually she'd crack a sheepish sort of grin and give in. "Hahaha alright alright. Thank you!"

She took the hares up on their offer and had a bath.  Water around these parts must be plentiful if they could squander it on luxuries like bathing, and it felt amazing. In fact, now that she thought of it, this was probably her first bath in a long time!

Once all the blood, dirt, and sea water was out of her fur, she looked and felt like a completely new person. She thanked the hares profusely and carefully hopped up and down the hallways looking for Cecil.

"Ceeecil? Ceeecil?"

• Quickly, the old mouse phased behind her, as if he were some kind of phantom that wandered. "Yes, my dear? Oh? You look great! They did a wonderful job, I hope you had a good experience with them." He said before walking ahead once more.

"Now come on, we cannot be late to dinner. The chefs have whipped up quite the spread. I hope you don't mind hare manners; they aren't the best." The aging mouse beckoned his guest to follow him to the mess hall. This was Salamandastron's great dining area that could hold the full regiment of it's fighting hares. The mountain had hundreds of creatures living within it's core. A big dining hall was only appropriate for the many mouths it had to feed.

• She was clean, but the bath did nothing to wash away her nerves. Cecil gave her such a start that she almost lept straight out of her skin.

"Eep! Oh! Cecil!" She took a moment to gather herself and catch her breath. "What? Oh yes! Thank you." The comment seemed to affect her more than she was trying to let on, fiddling anxiously with hem of her new clothes.  "Yeah the hares were super nice, they even let me borrow this shirt!"

Which was good, because earlier she looked absolutely terrible. Cecil could hardly bring her to dinner looking like that.  "Dinner!" The change in attitude was almost instant, and it wasn't a wonder, she looked like she hadn't seen food in quite some time. "You're right we really shouldn't be late for dinner! Lead the way!"

• "I'm glad they were so helpful to you! That's why they are our best nurses." He noticed the shirt and her excitement along with it. "I'm glad you like it, you can keep that shirt, it fits you." He said with a chuckle.

He quickly walked on with her behind him as she exploded with her statement for dinner. "Yes yes! That's the ticket, you'll fit in fine with the hares here. We'll be there before you know it!" With that said, his statement became true.  They reached the dining hall in no time, seeing the place busy with leverets, elders, soldiers, and more. Many of the hares bowed with an elegant leg to the newcomer and gave old Cecil their salute of respect.

"Like I said, don't mind their table manners, not many of them have it." He said, chuckling to himself.

• Flitz hopped  happily alongside Cecil, mind racing over the endless possibilities dinner could hold for her."Nah it's fine." Table manners were of no concern to her and  when she arrived she was completely baffled by the size of the dining hall, the sheer amount of hares within it and the amount of food it probably took to feed them all. She'd be fitting in more than Cecil realized.

(super short sorry really busy)

Recent Topics

Users

Topics