ooc- Here's the idea: I think that hares, mice, foxes and shrews are great, but a little variety is nice, too.
Just to be clear: THIS IS A NON-TRAD THREAD! These creatures aren't to be used elsewhere in the forum. Just here, please. lol
So the Tanami desert is a nifty little place somewhere in the Australian Desert. There's a placed called the Devil's Marbles, where a bunch of goodbeasts used to find refuge. However, it was taken over and now vermin live there.
- Little Native Mouse (very small) Picture
- Western Chestnut "Mouse" (small) Picture
- Rufous "Hare-wallaby" (large) Picture
- Freckled Duck (medium) Picture
- Parakeet or "Gerigar" (very small) Picture
- Mulgara (Large) Picture
- Long-tailed Planigale or "Long-Tail" (small) Picture
- "Dingo" (large) Picture
- Thorny Devil (small) Picture
- Bearded Dragon or "Pagona" (Beast of Labor)(very large) Picture
- Taipan (large snake) Picture
- Bandicoot or "Coot" (Nomad/Neutral)(medium) Picture
- Grey Falcon (Neutral)(meduim) Picture
- Australian Painted "Snipe" (Neutral)(large) Picture
- Bilby (?)(large) Picture
- Perentie (Neutral Predator/Unintelligent)(Godzilla sized) Picture
If you want to join in, then just be creative. Come up with your own dialect, culture and general personality for whatever species you choose. Hares, otters and moles all had very distinct personalities in the Redwall books. Try to demonstrate the same thing level of uniqueness in whatever beast you choose.
If you wish to add a creture to the list, just let me know and I'll add it. Just make sure it's native to the Tanami Desert and that it isn't a Mary Sue chara.
As far as the Perentie goes, there should only be a couple, and they should be NPCs. They are enormous and can't talk. These are the monsters of this world.