"A castle of gleaming white stone, highlighted and edged in deep blue and fiery red (Like the rooftops and banners and such). It has a circular wall around it of the same, white stone, and from the edges of the palace complex it rises sharply like a mountain, to a central tower higher than any other point. The whole palace is covered with soaring towers; short near the walls and getting taller as they move inward; connected by arched bridges high in the air. From a pole at the top of each conical tower roof flies the royal banner. Windows litter the towers and main palace structure seemingly at random, with arrowslits instead of windows on the outer towers and lower palace.
  The palace interior… The lowliest servant's chamber has a soft bed, a washbasin, a chamberpot (oh-boy!), a heavy chest for belongings, a table with chairs, a dresser, a plain carpeted floor, and polished stone walls. And the royal chambers have huge, canopied double beds with silk sheets and quilted blankets, full body mirrors rimmed in gold and silver plate, a masterly crafter table, seperate bathrooms (with plumbing!), paintings and murals, soft carpet floors, woven in intricate designs, painted walls, secret closets hidden in the walls for belongings, and gold leaf everywhere, as well as jewels. For everyone's chambers between, use better or worse materials and lower or higher quality craftsmanship. There is a massive, circular chamber in the center of the palace with chairs going all the way around in a ring up against the wall, with three seperate tiers, one below the other like ringed stairs. There is a pit in the middle, about fifty feet across, where citizens of the kingdom can voice complaints or have audiences with the royalty (in the chairs). There are two thrones side by side on the top tier directly opposite the double doors providing access to the pit, for the king and queen. There are also all the rooms and stuff you'd expect to find in a palace: stables, guardhouse, kitchens, dungeons, secret passages, etc.)
  And now the geography... The palace is situated on a squat peninsula, so there is a swath of rocky ground about twenty feet wide on three sides followed by the sea, and the capital city backed up right beside the wall and fanning out in all directions from the gate on the fourth side, like the main gate had vomited inns, shops, and houses, thinning out the further they get from the palace. The palace gate faces south, toward rolling farmland covered in tall grass and crops. To the west is more grassland, and some hills, rising into mighty, jagged mountains in the northwest. And from the north around to the south east is the sea."
Said Narvis as he wrote it down then he heard a thunder clap outside and ran out of his camber and started to climb the top tower.

Narvis stood in the top tower waiting for the thunder storm to brake,the top tower is the best place to watch thunder storms. Then it broke, the rain started pouring down and the lightning split the sky with the thunder to fallow after.
After the storm past Narvis went down to his chamber to keep working on his book he was writing and did that till a servant came to get him for dinner

OOC: I'll post in just a little bit. My character is almost done.

( ooc - perhaps we could go in order of how you listed us in the title – Vike, Kiara, Dusk, Pen, Rorgus, Narvis. It'll keep us organized that way. )

While the top tower was a fine place to watch a storm, King Vikenti Whitedeath preferred to be closer. He stood within the storm itself on the balcony outside his window. The raging weather seemed to enhance the king's natural lighting and thunder magics. However, now that the storm was done, Vikenti was feeling rather bored.

On days like this Vikenti would roam the halls of his immense castle or visit the giant library. It seemed like no matter how many times he crossed the castle the king could always find a new nook or cranny he had never seen before. Just last week he had found a secret passage from the kitchens into one of the hallways of the servants' quarters. No doubt it was useful for snatching a bite from a stingy cook.

But today, not even walking around the castle wouldn't entertain Vikenti. He was in the mood for music. "You there, chamberlain," he called to one of his higher ranking servants.

"Yes sir?" the chamberlain asked.

"Fetch me the bard," Vikenti commanded.

"Right away sir," the chamberlain bowed before taking his leave.

"Where is that bard when you need him?" Vikenti muttered to himself.

With her son liking to watch and her husband liking to be apart of the storm, Queen Kiara would much rather just listen to the rain on the ceiling. For this, she just sat at a window, listening to the rain hit the window while reading a book. Nice and relaxing. Most of the time she'd just be on the opposite side of the balcony with the King on the other side, (and sometimes playfully lock him out at the end of the storm) But this time he was lucky as she was in the library picking out a new book.
When the storm had stopped, she had set out with the chosen book.

"Probably writing a story, or a poem, or a new song, my love." Came the voice of Kiara from behind her husband as she walked beside him.
The queen softly embraced him in a warm hug. "You've been out in the storm again, haven't you?" She asked him, snugging into him a bit. "All that lightening seems to make you so tense. It's like lightening overload" She said softly as she ran her fingers over his arm a little then giggled.
Once she pulled back from the embrace, she grabbed a-hold of his hands. "Come, Let us go eat. The bard can entertain us while we eat." She said as she began to lead him to the dinning hall.

Pentus McBladen stood in the middle of a hallway on the outer part of the palace, watching the storm through a large, open window twice as tall as he was. In one hand he held his flute, his mandolin and harp were strapped to his back, while in the other he held a straight, black staff, tipped with a pointed, dark blue gem. He did not lean on the staff, but rather held it like he was a spearman, planted firmly on the ground an arms lenth away from his body.
  Thunder rumbled outside and a bolt of white lightning forked across the sky. Pentus tightened his grip on the staff and smiled, baring his teeth in an almost-snarl. The gem atop the staff flickered with a weak glow and returned to its latency in time with the lightning. Pentus muttered to himself as the storm moved away from the capital city, "That's right, run. You can't get me here. You'll never have me."
  Sunlight slowly returned as the clouds faded and the ruddy, late afternoon light glittered off the drops falling from the top of the window, easing Pentus' mood. He took a deep breath to calm himself and lifted the flute, toodling a one hended tune on it. Soon though, he heard rapid footsteps flying down the hall toward him. "Servant," He muttered matter-of-factly, smoothing his face into a charming smile and shifting his grip on the staff so it didn't look like a spear. Sure enough, in the next few seconds a chamberlain came puffing up on his left.
  Gasp "My lord- gasp -Pentus. The King- gasp"
  "The King and Queen have summoned me to entertain them for dinner I assume… Yes, very good. I believe they will enjoy my latest work." Pentus smiled and slipped his flute into its case on his belt.
  The chamberlain, one he'd never met before, blinked at Pentus, "Uh, yes. Yes my lord, but how-"
  "I'm practically a wizard my boy, I can sense these things." The bard smiled at the look of wonder and unease on the chamberlain's face. In reality, he was just used to being dinner's entertainment. It was his job after all. With a spryness one would not expect from a man using a walking staff, Pentus twirled about with a flourish and trotted off down the hall, headed for a specific room one floor above the dining hall.

Platime ran down the street skillfully avoiding people. Behind him a group of five guards and a merchant ran after him, not so skillfully shoving people out of the way and yelling "Stop! Thief!" after Platime. Platime snickered at just how easy this was. He ran around a corner and then down an alley out of sight. Platime ran into some shadows which almost seemed to reach out and wrap themselves around him, hiding him in a shadowy cloak. Although the shadows helped a lot, they couldn’t hide him forever. Platime knew this so he began to weave a spell. It required hand gestures and archaic words to create. Platime could hear the guards searching for him out in the street. Platime would let them find “him”. He released the spell and then next to him appeared
him. An exact likeness of Platime wavered into existents. It looked just like him, even carrying a sack of stolen gold. Then, just a second after its creation, the second Platime ran out of the alley and past a guard, laughing as it ran. The guard yelled out and began to chase it, his fellow guards soon following. The real playtime giggled to himself, the guards wouldn’t realize that what they were chasing was an illusion till they caught it, and by then Platime would be safe and sound.

Platime causally walked through the slums of the city. A thunder storm had come up and rain was pouring down from the sky with the occasional crack of lightning and thunder. This did nothing to dampen Platime’s spirits. In his hand he carried a sack heavy with gold coins. Not only that but he had stolen it from a fat merchant who probably had dozens of sacks of gold. Platime was counting out the gold from the sack as he walked toward a warehouse. The building looked quite normal, with large men walking in and out with crates, sacks, and furniture to be placed in carts or storage. Platime ignored these men and went towards a door set in the side of the warehouse. He walked up to the door and knocked on it. A few seconds later a small plate set at eye level in the door slid to the side to reveal a set of glaring eyes. The eyes looked down at Platime and instantly softened. The plate slid back into place and then the door opened.
“Well if it isn’t master Platime!’ A large, well muscled man said. “Come in out of that rain, you’ll catch a cold.” The large man said disapprovingly.
“Alright Bruno.” Platime sighed as he walked past Bruno into the warehouse. Bruno was the closest thing to family that Platime had. Platime had met Bruno when he was trying to pick Bruno’s pocket. Bruno was tough as nails with a heart as soft as butter. Seeing a young, starving child had touched his heart so Bruno took Platime in and fed him, clothed him, and from that point on, was stuck with him. Although Platime was an excellent thief who could live on his skills now, he still felt like Bruno was his dad, and would always return to see him. As Platime walked into the warehouse it was obvious to see what it really was, A warehouse.
“So Platime, I see you got something this morning.” Bruno said, pointing at the bag of gold.
“Yep.” Platime said while lifting up the gold, “You know Bruno; I’m bored stealing from merchants. Yes it gets lots of money, but it’s too easy. I actually scratched the merchant with my dagger while cutting his purse so that I would be seen by him. There’s just no more challenge in it.” Platime complained. As he was talking, Bruno was leading them toward the back of the warehouse.
“Well Platime, I suppose you’ll have to deal with that. You have two choices as I see it. You can either start stealing from more challenging targets, or continue with it as you always have.” Bruno said as they walked.
“But what could be more challenging for me? I am the king of thieves.” Platime said.
“I don’t know, you’ll think of something to steal.” Bruno shrugged. They had stopped in front of a tall crate. It was quite large and could hold an entire person inside of it. Bruno reached up and put his hand inside a crevice in the corner between the top and side. Pulling on the wood, Bruno pulled the wooden crate open at the side like a door. On the inside there was a set of stairs leading down into the ground. There were hinges on the inside of the wooden crate as well, allowing for it to open and close like a door. Platime stepped inside the crate and smiled at Bruno. “I hope the guards never think to look inside the crates when they search this place.” Platime joked. Bruno laughed and then closed the crate behind Platime. Platime looked down the stairs and began to walk down them. There were candles on either side of the walls in small sconces similar to torches. There was a reason that they used candles instead of torches. Candles create less smoke than torches. Platime continued walking down the stairs for a while. Eventually Platime reached a large cavern. The cavern was known as”The Den”. The Den was basically a thief’s sanctuary. Any thief could come into this place to avoid guards, sell to fences, and even have a home. The top of the cavern was two hundred feet off the ground and it reached back several hundred feet. The other three walls had rooms placed inside them reaching all the way to the back of the cavern and up to the ceiling. There were hundreds of rooms. On the floor of the cavern there were tents, shops, and thieves. In the center of the cavern there was a throne, upon which sat a large fat man who was the Den lord. He was the leader of the thieves in this city. He had no named and was just called the Den lord. Platime walked down the final few stairs into the small thief city under the city. He made his way toward the center of the cavern and the Den lord. As a thief Platime had to pay homage to him so he could stay in his room of the cavern. Platime was counting out the coins he needed to pay the Den lord. Soon he reached a small clearing where the throne was located. Surrounding the throne was gold coins, jewels, and other such things thieves used as pay. Platime took the coins he needed and then tossed them on the pile. Platime then turned to the Den lord and bowed low to the ground saying ”My lord” The Den lord grunted and waved off Platime. Platime stood back up and walked toward his room. While on the way Platime was counting out the coins he had stolen from the Den lord. Platime did that every time he paid homage. His reasoning was he stole it so he should get to keep it. He looked up at the wooden stairs and lifts leading to the rooms set in the wall. Stepping onto one of the lifts Platime selected one of levers and pulled it. The lift began to move up on its complex pulley system. Platime stopped the lift when it got to the right level. Platime entered his room. Platime had stolen a large amount of gold in his life so he had had his room expanded till it was almost as large as a small house. Platime threw his sack of gold onto a pile of treasure he had been amassing. Platime then sat down on a cushioned ledge. Platime put his hand to his chin. “A bigger challenge.” Platime said. Platime sat up straight and went back into another room of his house. When he came back he was carrying maps and writing utensils. He set the map on the ground and then opened it to reveal a floor plan of the royal castle.

Narvis stood outside dinning room door waiting for his Father and Mother to arrive. As he waited one of the nearby torches went out, he was going to call a servant but then decided to do it himself. So he held out his hand and muttering something you couldn't hear a fire ball appeared is his hand and he threw it at the torch and hit, it sputtered to life once more. Then he started throwing some at the other torches even tho they were lit. After a while he stopped because he heard some people coming, hoping they wouldn't notice the wall that had got blackened when he missed the torches. Then Vikenti and Kaira came walking up.

OOC: Hit and run post! 😄

BIC: The king's tense posture relaxed as his wife wrapped him in her embrace. "I suppose as bard he must always be off working on some new song or tale," Vikenti said with a hint of a smile, "for if he did not, we would hear the same music and words time and time again."

King Vikenti let Queen Kiara lead him off in the direction of the dinning hall, where they met their son. "Greetings Narvis, my lad, you're quite early for supper!" Vikenti said jovially, "now what were the servants thinking then they lit those torches?" He eyed the blacked wall stones suspiciously.

Queen Kiara shook her head slightly as she and Vikenti reached their son by the doors to the dinning hall.
She glanced over at the torches then back at her husband. "Well whoever they were, they better get the walls all cleaned soon." She said, eyeing Narvis.

She then lightly shook her head again with a sigh. "Well no reason to be standing here at the doors." She said leaving King Vikenti's side to open the doors. "May as well be comfortable and sit down while we wait for our meal and the bard." She suggested looking back her husband and son. "After you…" She said stepping aside a little to let them through.

Pentus pushed open the door of a room just above the center of the grand dining hall and stepped inside, walking with an ever-present air of smug self importance. The room was lit by a pair of torches at either end of the room, but it still had a feeling of darkness, being in the middle of the palace and with no windows to the outside world. The floor was scattered with barrels and crates filled with; the bard peaked into an open barrel; skeins of yarn, wool, and spinning wheel parts. Rather unremarkable, and it would seem a poor choice of places to be, seeing as he was supposed to be entertaining the royal family at dinner, right about ten seconds or so from now.

But Pentus wasn’t here to make a sweater or a new tunic. He was here for the trapdoor set into the floor. He smiled a toothy grin and stepped over to the horizontal door, kicking the door he’d come through closed with the butt of his staff on his way in. He knelt down in front of the trapdoor and picked some stray bits of yarn off the wooden planks, then grabbed a iron ring connected to the door and pulled it up.

Light filtered in from the dining hall below, while the little square of light from the trapdoor was lost in the shadowy ceiling. Pen leaned over the hole and peered straight down, grinning as he found himself looking at the top of the king’s head about twenty feet below.

Platime was getting ready for his "visit" to the royal castle. He had a bag of supplies he would need, some all purpose work clothes, a few hidden daggers, his lock pick kit, a bag dinner, and a green ranger hat with a feather in it. It was close to dinner as Platime walked through the streets of the city. Things were winding down a bit, but it was still busy in the streets, giving Platime a perfect cover. He weaved his way through the crowds with skill, meaning that he looked just like any other work boy in the city. Platime walked around a group of guards with his head down. Soon he was at the last few buildings before the castle wall. He ducked down an alley and sat down near a drain. He pulled out the schematics of the large building's first floor. He studied it as he ate his dinner. The shadows from the alley clung to the edges of his clothes. Because of the way shadows acted around him many of the thieves in the city called him The Shadow King. Platime had always enjoyed this title, along with his other one King of Thieves “. Platime marked an area on the schematics of his and then rolled them up and put them in his sack of supplies. He then rummaged about in said sack, looking for a way over the wall. Platime then pulled out two metal spikes with hand grips, and a pair of shoes with metal spikes on the toes. Platime slipped these shoes over his own and then started to cast an illusion. When he released it, the air in front of him began to shimmer then took on the form of a beautiful woman. Platime smiled then pointed out of the alley. The women walked out of the alley with extreme grace. Platime giggled to himself. What better distraction than this?” He said. Platime then went out the other side of the alley. The illusion would go over to the guards and distract them and lead them out into the city. Platime always enjoyed toying with the guards like that. Platime then went to the last building on that street and looked around the corner toward the castle wall. No guards in sight. Platime then waited ten seconds to give his illusion time, and then ran out toward the wall, jumped up at it, and drove his feet and hand spikes into the wall. He then began to take them out and drive them in higher up, slowly climbing up the wall. When he finally got up to the battlements he took off his shoes and put them along with his metal spikes in the sack. Platime then ran down some nearby stairs into the courtyard and then he quickly ran into some shadows which then clung closely to him, concealing him. Faze one complete.” He whispered.

Sir Jeff rode along the winding road to the castle, the rain poured down on him, running into every crack of his armor, he groaned, this was going to be a job to clean, he thought over his journey he was returning from.
He had gone off to another kingdom to fight giants and trolls for the king there. He had been gone for a month and was quite ready to be home again, there was also someone he hoped to see.
His warhorse was weary from the long ride in the rain, his head was drooped and he was going at a walk. Jeff shook the reigns a little and the horse raised his head again and started to trot, when the castle come in sight he broke into a run. They reached the castle a short while later, Jeff called to the guard to open the gate. Once the gate was open his horse trotted up to the keep, Sir Jeff dismounted and led his horse to the stables where it was cared for. He then made his way into the keep and found his room. Jeff got out of his armor and set about to polishing it so as not to rust.

Somehow word had gotten around that he was back, because soon after there was a knock at his door, a page stuck his head around the door
"There is a feast, and you are to be invited sire." He said
"Thank you, I shall be there shortly." Jeff replied, and the page left.
After he finished polishing his armor he hung it up and took a quick bath, got into clean cloths and headed for the banquet hall.
He took a deep breath, Ahhh it was good to be home.

Once he reached the banquet hall he stepped inside and looked around, seeing the King and Queen he headed over to them
"Your Majesty's" He bowed,
"I hath returned, and as it seems, just in time!" He winked and gestured to the feast. Just then he stopped suddenly looking over at a small group of people,
"Excuse me your majesty" He bowed to them and turned quickly and walked deliberately over to the small group of people. There in the midst of the group was a beautiful lady talking with a gentleman. When she looked up and saw Sir Jeff she looked surprised then delighted. She excused herself from the group and met up with Jeff, she hugged him tightly.
"Oh Sir Jeff! I'm so glad your back!"
"As am I to be back my Lady." He said smiling happily. They both went off to a corner and started talking.

((OOC:  I just realized that it wasn't exactly a feast, but could we turn it into a feast?))

Narvis walked in to the feasting hall after his father, and looked around at all the people. And seeing a servant He went over to him and said
"I have a task for yous just out side this door is a torch and the wall around it got burned by someone you just go clean it all up"
servant "very good my lord."

Then Narvis went over to the big fire place where a friend was.
"Hello Walster" said Narvis "Hello my lord" said Walster
"this looks to be a fine feast' said Narvis "yes it does" said Walster
"how would you like to go and have a duel after the feast?" said Walster
"I would like that very much" said Narvis.
"I need you practice my aim" said Narvis "your aim my lord?" said Walster
"throwing fire balls" said Narvis. Then he stuck his hand in to the fire.
Walster was just going to say something when the servers came in with the food. Then everyone started siting down at the many table. Narvis and Walster walked over to the lords table and sat down and started to eat.

OOC: Walster is Narvis's trainer and he is sort of a lord. and it would be nice if you all could remove your OOC: posts to keep it looking nice

Pentus hummed to himself as he patiently watched the activity below through the open hatch. Theatrics were his job and passion, meaning his timing had to be perfect. The king sat at the head table straight below him, and by the irritated movements of his head, plus the increased soothing gestures of the queen, time was almost up to begin the show. But where was…
  "Ah, there you are milord," Pentus murmured to himself as prince Narvis casually walked up to the table and sat down. Standing from his squatting position over the edge of the hatch, Pentus set his staff against a crate for a moment and limbered up a tad; stretching and twisting and such.
  Peering down at the royal family conversing, Pentus smiled and snatched up his staff again, "All set, now if only my luck lets me not land on a fork-" Pen hopped forward and fell feet down through the hatch.
  Servants gasped and jumped in surprise as the court bard seemingly materialized out of the vaulted ceiling and fell from among the banners, landing in a kneel and with a crash just in front of the king, queen, and prince. Plates jumped and a few cups were knocked over by the force of Pen's landing, but luckily he didn't land in anyone's food. The bard let out a strangled groan as he swept a graceful bow, "Milords and lady, so good to see you tonight. I trust the food is good?" A bit stiffly, Pen rose to his feet, standing over everyone. Leaning on his staff, he grabbed and yanked the king's fork out of his calf, "You must try the bard. He's quite tender you know, at least," Pen grinned past clenched teeth, "now he is."

OOC: Please forgive the shortness of this post, I don't have much time on my hands.

BIC:
"Greetings, Sir Jeff!" the king called out to knight as he entered the hall, "It is good to see you safe at home!" Vikenti then settled down to eating and making small talk with his family. But, he was becoming increasingly bothered by his bard's absence.

The king was about to make a loud declaration of his annoyance with the bard when Pentus came falling from above. King Vikenti leaped to his feet in surprise, nearly falling backwards in his chair. However, when the initial shock had worn off, the king began to laugh and applaud. He was particularly amused by Pentus having landed on a fork.

"Are you alright, Pentus?" the king asked between laughs, "the bard is such a clever fellow, isn't he my dear?" Vikenti directed the last comment to his wife, as he was obviously not calling Pentus "my dear."

The queen smiled as Sir Jeff walked over to them, as she sat at the table with her husband. "What wonderful news it is to hear that you are back home." She said with a nid as he excused himself.

She then turned to Vikenti, and with her hand softly grasped his hand in hers, more so to comfort and relax him. She could tell he was beginning to get annoyed and frustrated. "Relax, he'll be here. He has never disappointed us before." She said softly, reassuring her husband.

Their son had joined them just in time for that Pentus was about to do. She grasped as the bard fell from the high ceiling of the dining hall, and griped the King's hand a little harder from surprise and worry, while her other hand covered her shocked mouth.
The queen was about to get up and see if he was ok, but then smiled once again as Pentus joked about the food and how he landed on the fork. "I'm glad you're alright, Pentus" She said with a giggle.
"That was some grand entrance, wan't it, my King" She said, responding to her husband. "See, I told you" She said leaning over to kiss his cheek.

Quickly tying some lord's napkin around his calf to keep the small amount of blood coming out of him from being noticed, the bard took a leg and smiled broadly at the royal couple, beginning to to slowly strut around the table, "Fear not milord and lady, I've had worse stabbed at me. Knives, swords, axes, arrows, almost any weapon you can imagine, not to mention some you'd never imagine." He stopped and swept down off the table to kneel close beside a lady, pretending to be speaking only to her, though his voice carried throughout the hall thanks to a discreet sound altering spell, "Did you know that in Selward they serve food frozen, and their most popular dish is a fish with a nose four feet long and sharp as a razor? I'll have to tell you a story some time," He jumped away from the lady's chair and back onto the table, continuing his stroll, "But not right now! My my my, what a comfortable looking group of guests we have tonight. Aren't they all just lovely in their dresses and handsome in their suits." He paused and knelt down to straighten one lord's lapels who was still trying to eat, then stood again, "How shall I regale you tonight? What tale is the right one for this evening?" He seemed to consider a lady's hand for a moment, then turned in a circle, grinning eerily at all the nobles in the hall, "I know… a dark and stormy night, with everyone gathered together against the cold and black. It demands a story to chill the blood and clam the hands!" The bard's voice rose and his steps quickened until he was jumping from spot to spot on the table, sweeping low to look with crazed eyes into each patron's face before whisking away, "A tale of fear and madness, to make the shadows themselves seem to teem with unholy things and make you fear your own dreams..."

He stopped when he reached the end of the table, letting his feverish words sink in as he loomed over the unlucky lord sitting at the table's end. Then he glanced over his shoulder again and smiled handsomely at the queen far back along the double row of diners, "Then again, a warm and humid night, everyone holding their lover close as they dine; it calls for a tale somewhat more," Pentus reached into his sleeve and produced a rose which he deftly placed behind a serving girl's ear before gently stroking her face and looking deeply into her eyes, his voice dripping with emotion, "Romantic, don't you think my sweet?" He stepped away swiftly, leaving the girl blushing like a sunset and frozen in place. He moved back up the table the way he'd come, handing out roses seemingly out of nowhere to every lady he passed, noble andrvant, "A story of love, and loss. Devotion and affair. purity and," He knelt down in front of a confused, somewhat worried lord and murmured "lust."

He quickly stood again, and, back where he'd started, smiled down at the queen. Showing everyone his empty hands he twisted them in the air in a complex pattern and produced a trio of roses out of nothing. He knelt down and smiled sweetly, looking at the queen, "For the one with the prettiest face," Then he turned and handed the roses to the king, "My dearest love," The bard was grinning from ear to ear now as he heard several snickers along the table, gazing into the king's eyes.

When he was finished with the king Pentus leapt back to his feet yet again, clapping his hands together, "But with my story telling skills a tale such as that would turn this into a much more... intimate, gathering, and I daresay our younger guests would become embarrassed. Can't have that now. So how about something more refined. How about a tale of heroes and villains, good and evil, righteousness and dastardliness. A story to stir the soul and awaken the, flame, in us all," The bard winked at the prince at the mention of fire, grinning like a naughty child.

Stepping quickly to the center of the table the bard stood proud with his staff at his side, looking out over the nobles' heads, "So what shall it be? Horror? Romance? Adventure? Or perhaps I could simply entertain you with tricks, such as this." Reaching into his pockets Pentus pulled out a double fistful of spoons, revealing that during his speech he had manged to, undetected, swipe every one on the table, including the king and queen's.

Platime stood, adjusting his white smock and hat. He had placed the spikes and boots back in his sack and had pulled out his disguise, that of a chefs assistant. He would be mostly ignored as a simple assistant. He reached into his sack and pulled out one last thing, a lamp. While the shadows could help him, an assistant with shadows clinging to him would draw to much attention. He began to silently run across the lawn toward a side door in the castle while lighting his lamp. He quickly slipped inside the royal home just as he got his lamp lit. He then put his sack over his shoulder and held the lamp out in front of himself, looking like he was delivering supplies. While walking down the hallways, he mentally went over the floor plan. He turned left and climbed a flight of stairs. A few more stairs and hallways later and he was at the right level. He knew right where to go. On this level there were several important rooms. There was the dining hall, the kitchens, and the treasury. The treasury was said to contain all of the kingdoms gold, as well as some very valuable baubles kept by the king. Platime nearly broke into a run as he thought about it. He was glad he didn’t, for as he rounded a corner he ran smack dap into a guard. The guard gave a soft grunt and Platime was knocked on his but. Thankfully he kept a hand on his sack.
“Hum, what’s this then?” The guard said. Platime looked up at the man. He had a large beard and mustache, short hair, big bushy eyebrows, a crocked nose, probably broken and not set properly, and several golden knots sewed on his uniform declaring him a sergeant.
“Uh, sorry ‘bout that.” Platime said as he hastily got up.
“No, no, it’s my fault. Now, you look like a serving boy. I assume you’re here for the party?” The sergeant said.
“The… party?”
“Well sure. Now, I don’t know much, but I’d say that you’re lost, since the feasting hall is in the other direction.” He pointed off to the other side of the hallway.
“Yes that’s it.” Platime lied,” It’s my first day and I got turned around.” He stole a glance down past the guard and saw the locked door to the treasury. So close!
“Well don’t worry.” The guard smiled, not noticing Platime’s glance” I know the way, I’ll show you.” He set his hand down on Platime’s shoulder and turned him around and began to walk him in the opposite direction.

“Here we are.” The guard said.
“Thanks.” Platime said dryly. He walked into the kitchen, setting his sack in a corner. He then took a quick glance around. There was defiantly a party going on. Other boys and young men dressed as he was were bustling about. There were also a few older men preparing some fancy dishes and ordering about the rest of them. One of them, a fairly fat man, seemed to be the head chef. And of course, he turned and pointed at Platime.
“You!” He barked,” We are about ready to start serving, take this and get ready by the door. Lord Elend.” He said, indicating the meals owner, handing it to him. Platime took the plate, unsure what else to do, and went over to a door were several others were standing. At least, as a thief, he knew exactly who Lord Elend was. He started waiting, seeing if there was any way for him to escape. Unfortunately, a bell rang, and all of the serving boys began to file out into the hall. Platime followed with head bowed. He located Elend quickly and walked over. He set the meal down in front of him and took out a serviette. He was near the head of the table, almost sitting at the kings table. Luckily for Platime, some foolish man dancing about like a, well, fool distracting all of the guests. He set the serviette down on the lord’s lap, while deftly stealing a diamond cufflink. As Platime walked back and stood beside the lord’s chair, He watched the man dancing on the tables. The man was handing out roses to the ladies. Platime snickered as the king squirmed under the gaze of the man’s eyes, while being handed three roses. Platime liked seeing powerful men squirm.

Sir Jeff sat beside the lady he was previously talking to at the table, he enjoyed her company and was glad to have a close friend. Things were just getting settled down when all of a sudden, there was a large thump, and there on the table landed Pentus, the bard! Jeff looked a little surprised, but then, knowing Pentus that was the sort of thing he would do, just to entertain his crowd. He watched as Pentus got up and pulled the kings fork out of his calf and softly chuckled to himself. Then he start being dramatic, he strode back and forth entertaining them all, then he asked them a question. He beckoned Pentus over to him and whispered to him.
“Give us a tale of romance,” he said glancing at the lady he was sitting by, he then squeezed her hand gently and smiled at her. He looked up and winked at Pentus.  He waited to see whether they would get to eat first, or wait. He had just arrived home and was very hungry after his journey. He leaned back in his chair and watched and waited. Most of the guests were looking a little harried by the bard’s words and manner.  He looked over at the king and queen, they were looking slightly amused. Jeff wondered what sort of story the bard was going to tell. While he waited he started tell Adara, his companion, of his adventures which he had just come home from. He started to tell her of the dragons and giants he had fought, when he was interrupted by the bard beginning his story.

Views