“Master, they are only a day behind us! We must keep moving!”
Sonnis laughed, a sound like metal scraping against stone, little more than a mad growl. Black lightning slid across the rat’s throat before returning under the fox’s cloak.
“It would seem you are my last victim…A fitting reward for your loyalty.” Sonnis took off his mask, dropping it unto the cold, wet grass without a sound. Then, the fox slashed at himself, knife blackened with age moving like a serpent across his body. “They can’t catch me. They won’t! I know a place that will take me in…”
Mumbling to himself, Sonnis stumbled away from his late bandit friend, bleeding.

By the time the black fox found Redwall’s gate, he was almost dead. He had only enough strength to knock, before collapsing.

((OOC: And here, my friends, begins what I hope will be a good story. Everyone is welcome!))

OOC: I'm gonna be in two places at once, if anyone wants to throw a fit, go ahead, I'll delete one of the threads

BIC: The aged otter was sitting on top of the walls at Redwall Abbey, a dagger at his waist, and a simple cloak on, watching the sun travel across the sky. He was grateful for the companionship that the abbeybeasts offered him, maybe this is how he would spend his last seasons.  After a short time, a shallow moan and a quiet knock floated up to him from the gate, with great caution he leaned over the great walls of Redwall and looked down. Laying there was a black fox, covered in a long cut, Fishrudder's eye's furrowed as he looked at the fox. After many years fighting, he was suspicious of all vermin, however, as a guest of Redwall Abbey, he was aware that he was expected to uphold their rules. So, with a quick decision, he turned around, and raced down the stairs, when he arrived at the gate, he moved the heavy bar lock and pushed open one of the gates. He stepped outside onto the path leading out, looked around carefully and stood for a moment, observing, watching for a trap.

OOC: I don't think it really matters, you don't need to take one rp at a time from what I understand… if that were to be the case then old Belarus is all over Mossflower right this moment.
Hmmm... Perhaps I will join this one, I was thinking Belarus but I've barely used my others at all, Nova's at the abbey, assuming you don't mind if I join in that is.

"Just look at the wee vermin scum! As soon as their 'urt  the drag 'emselves to Redwall!" a jolly voice rang out from behind Fishrudder. A fat and a somewhat aged squirrel with a oak bow in his bows was coming across the grounds at a leisurely pace. Jiles Oakpaw, as he was known, was followed by his muscular son, James. The two of them took much less caution than their more experience otter companion and simply walked right up to the fallen fox.

"What shall we do with this beasty? Drag 'im in? Or throw 'im out?" Jiles asked Fishrudder and his son.

"I think we should give him a chance," James said calmly, "he looks harmless as he is." James started to reach down and drag the fox towards the Abbey, ignoring all protocols of care for a wounded beast.

A beast dressed in one of the abbey’s green habits was sitting over at the pond’s edge gazing into the clear pool of water beneath the hood of its clothing. The creature had started to doze of until Oakpaw’s words drifted across the abbey grounds to its ears "Just look at the wee vermin scum! As soon as their 'urt the drag 'emselves to Redwall!"
"What shall we do with this beasty? Drag 'im in? Or throw 'im out?"
"I think we should give him a chance… he looks harmless as he is."

The beast stood up and tucked its paws into the opposing sleeves of its habit as it walked towards the gates, only a black nose showing from under the hood of the habit though something roughly comparable to a squirrel tail seemed to be hidden by the habit behind the beast. It stopped about eight paces away and looked at each of the four beasts independently before focusing solely on Jiles with two dark blue eyes. The creature had the light voice of a female beast “Harmless indeed, such an act of rejection would stain the image of the abbey, especially with a beast in such poor condition… And as for your previous comment I must say it is most insulting, doesn't anybeast in Mossflower come to Redwall when in need of assistance?"

The peppered otter finally turned around from going over the surrounding forest as he heard "Harmless indeed, such an act of rejection would stain the image of the abbey, especially with a beast in such poor condition… And as for your previous comment I must say it is most insulting, doesn't anybeat in Mossflower come to Redwall when in need of assistance?"

"Mayhap so, but there's no need to be hasty." With that, he caught up to the hedgehog that was dragging the fox along the ground and laid a hand carefully on the hedgehog's spikes and said "James, right? Let me take him, please, that can't be good for him. It'll be a bit of a struggle, but, I think my old bones can carry him to the infirmary."

The vermin in question groaned in pain, opening his eyes into angry yellow slits.
"Carrying is better, please…" Sonnis informed his 'saviors' weakly. They were foolish, but Sonnis counted on that to begin with. No smart woodlander would take a wounded vermin that looked like him under their care.
"Please, take this as payment." he pushed a carved flute into the otter's paws. "I don't want to die." At least not yet, the fox added within his mind. Perhaps, a small trinket would melt their hearts. They might even give him a nice funeral with flowers, if they fail to stop the bleeding in time. Sonnis giggled at the idea, and found that his eyelids were getting too heavy.

((OOC: I really hate my villainous characters, I think. Here's hoping you guys save him, though! Or somehow figure out that he wants to stab everybeast in their sleep...Just kiddin', of course.))

(OOC: Acctualy Fishrudder, Jiles and James are squirrels. The mix up is all my fault though, I really should put my characters species in my first post. :P)

BIC:

"Harmless indeed, such an act of rejection would stain the image of the abbey, especially with a beast in such poor condition… And as for your previous comment I must say it is most insulting, doesn't anybeast in Mossflower come to Redwall when in need of assistance?"

"Aye, that's true. But I was merely pointing out the irony that the beasts who seek to destroy Redwall come to us begg'n for help when their luck runs out," Jiles explained.

"James, right? Let me take him, please, that can't be good for him. It'll be a bit of a struggle, but, I think my old bones can carry him to the infirmary."

"If you want sir, he's all yours," James said as he lowered Sonnis onto the ground. The squirrel then stood back to give Fishrudder room.

"Carrying is better, please… Please, take this as payment. I don't want to die."

"That's a strange little instrument, it must be important to him," Jiles said as he peered at the flute, "we better 'urry with him, he doesn't look good."

"Aye, that's true. But I was merely pointing out the irony that the beasts who seek to destroy Redwall come to us begg'n for help when their luck runs out,"

The two dark blue orbs blinked underneath the hood, she knew what Jiles was saying was true “Perhaps so but see what effect it has come to with me, granted I am not without flaws.”

"That's a strange little instrument, it must be important to him," Jiles said as he peered at the flute, "we better 'urry with him, he doesn't look good."

Nova watched the otter as he carried the fox “Indeed… I will get the gate, you can take him to the infirmary.”
She turned and swiftly walked to the doors of the gate and started closing them.

OOC: bahahahaha, I feel like an idiot, I thought they were hedgehogs for no apparent reason…

BIC: "Carrying is better, please… Please, take this as payment. I don't want to die." Fishrudder nodded, and took the strange flute and slipped it into a pocket. With a grunt he picked up the fox and lumbered off to the main building, his muscles complaining with every step. And to think… He thought to himself … I could once do this with ease, and now, it pains me

As he was walking he said to the squirrels "Either of you have any idea what that flute was?"

Passed out as he was, Sonnis hung like a piece of cloth on the otter, shivering. But, even passed out, he dreamed of the vast, dark lake and the one who ruled its twisted forests.

"So, the heir of Vulpuz is too weak to fight his own battles. Hiding behind Redwall like a dibbun behind his mother." a vulpine shape, gray and black and brilliant red of a hot coal, stood over the huddled fox. "You have too much of the living in you, Sonnis. You fear death…"

"As well he should." a bright, flowing shape, carrying the scent of rivers and their muddy banks drifted into view out of the lake's depths. The light otter stood before the pair of foxes, one enormous, wreathed in fire, and one small, hiding under his cloak in terror. "He can still escape!"

The nightmare went on, as it always did.

Outside the madbeast's mind, beyond his bloody body, the flute moved ever so slightly in time to Fishrudder’s steps. Carved with a firm paw, its seven holes burned, the instrument weighted precious little. The notches on its tip, where some careless player chewed at it, were flat with a few bumps between them. No metal, no carving betrayed the flute as something special as it rubbed against the fabric of the otter’s pocket.

((OOC: I want to skip ahead to the time Sonnis wakes up, if none of you mind much—so, my next post will make the transition. If you plan on doing something to an unconscious evil fox, do it now!))

((OOC: Vikenti is next. Belisarius?))

"Either of you have any idea what that flute was?"

"Didn't look that special, just a little flute like I've seen some otters play," Jiles said with a shrug, "but the wee thing must have sentimental value if 'e was barginin' for his life with it." He and James followed Fishrudder slowly as Nova went ahead to open the Abbey gate. They were completely and happily oblivious to the terror Sonnis was in. Even if they did see what he was seeing, they probably would not have understood it.

OOC: Err are you guys in the abbey grounds heading towards the biulding or out of the abbey because I'm closing the gates that Sonnis came in not opening the doors to the actual abbey biulding, just clairifying as I'm a bit confused to the events now.

OOC: If no one minds, I'd like it to be that as we're already inside the abbey walls, heading towards the buildings, and Nova closed the gates…If no one minds.

OOC: That's cool with me. I though they had gone through the wall gates and were heading across the Abbey grounds, but Nova was opening the main Abbey door ahead of them. I completely forgot about the door behind them. But it's cool, it gives my squirrels something to do.

Nova locked the gate bar in place and sighed lightly to herself before turning to watch the others walking across the abbeygrounds towards the doors of the main structure. Her two dark blue eyes blinked once as she thought about the fox and then her own difficulties, injured as he was it may be wise to put a guard or two around him at all times even I'm still feral at times.
Nova folded her claws back into the sleeves of her habit and began slowly walking towards the centra abbey building.

As Fishrudder entered the main building, he staggered, almost dropping the fox. After a moment, he regained his footing and headed up to the infirmary, thinking Why is the infirmary upstairs? Why would a sick beast want to go up stairs?

"but the wee thing must have sentimental value if 'e was barginin' for his life with it." "Well" Fishrudder said "We probably should keep on an eye on it for him, we need to find out what it is.

OOC: Sorry for the short posts, but, I'm in a bit of a rush, and I felt bad for not posting

((Sorry if it is a little out of order, but I think now's a good time to move on…))

Sonnis stirred from sleep, the nightmare forgotten for now. There was a bed under him, and his wounds were bound. The fox could hear his rescuers, or maybe some other beasts, in the infirmary. They spoke of him, and something of his flute...

"Hello?" he opens one eye, measuring the room and the beasts around him. What if they know him? Perhaps trying to buy their confidence with the flute was a bad idea? The questions kept coming, and the only way to answer them stood before the bed. "Am I among friends?"

Views