Nickname: Rum, Rump, That Thing
Full Name: Rumpleteazer
Species: Tree rat mutt

Description:
    Rum's exact species of rat is an unknown. She's small in stature, about the size of a mouse, and quite scrawny. Her pelt, when clean, is shaggy and mostly black, with a brown stomach and white paws. She has white and brown spots down her back, upper arms and legs, and across her face. Most of these traits are lost, however, in that she doesn't bother herself with bathing and avoids doing so at all costs. Her tail is hairless and long, as are her claws. Her eyes are black and both of her ears are nicked and shredded. Her "usual expression" is one of squinty-eyed wariness.

Not being of the civilized variety of rat, Rump isn't too fussy with her clothing. She's worn the same thing since childhood; what was once a poorly fitted, burlap-type dress now fits as a pseudo-loincloth. She wears it apron-style, tied around her waist. Apart from the various thingamajigs outlined below, she doesn't wear anything else. It is not uncommon for Rum to be mistaken for a male.

Rum has a fascination with anything small or shiny. She decorates herself with just about anything vaguely interesting she cat get her claws on - small bones on twine, smooth river pebbles, colorful threads, bent or broken coins, bits of metal, and even jewelry on occasion. All of these she either ties around a limb or braids directly into her fur. She'll also dye her fur with whatever color is in her paws. Usually this is red or green; she'll slap a red pawprint across her face - snout and all - and rakes green across her legs and arms, provided the dye for it is available. This has the unfortunate effect of making her look less like a barbarian and more like a scruffy clown.

Possessions: Numerous cheap trinkets, two small, crudely shaped knives, and an old burlap dress-loincloth-thing.

Strengths:
  + Speed - nothing compared to what a hare can reach, of course, but she's still quite a fast little vermin and no mistake.
  + Climbing, balance - Rum is almost as comfortable up a tree as a squirrel; she prefers, in fact, to be in a tree rather than on the ground.
  + Thievery - the only skill apart from her speed which keeps her alive. Rum typically relies on the purloining of others to feed herself, and, secondarily, to feed her hunger for shiny trinkets. She's usually able to keep from being caught, especially around trees.
  + Braiding, tying knots - it is a rare occasion indeed if a trinket falls off or comes loose.

Weaknesses:
    - Size - if ever Rum got into a fight with a beast her size, larger, or simply a skilled fighter, she'd lose. Quickly.
    - Uncomfortable/useless away from a forest or trees.
    - Poor swimmer - she can doggy paddle, but if somebeast tossed her in the middle of a roaring river, she wouldn't last long.
    - Poor scavenger - the main reason behind her scrawniness. Rum isn't exactly proficient at feeding herself.
    - Special thing for rum - whenever she can get her claws on it, which is rare. Other drinks to a much lesser degree.
    - No affinity for weapons whatsoever. If she can get something small enough to hold still long enough to be stabbed multiple times with one of her excuses for knives, she can kill it. Otherwise - no.
  - Coward. This is almost a strength in that it seems to be a trait which has helped to keep her alive.
  - Little affinity for socializing. She doesn't talk much or even listen to others; she has a quaint accent which others may find hard to understand.
  - Finds it difficult to live in cold/wet weather - her scruffy coat helps in winter, but Rum is especially miserable when it rains.

Background:
  Rumpleteazer was born South of Salamandastron to an old tree-ratwife living among the groves there. Her father, a stranded corsair from strange and far off lands, took it upon himself to lead the vast majority of the tree rats and other petty vermin living among the groves in a coordinated attack against the badger mountain. When they lost, Rump’s mother and the few other vermin not in on the attack wisely vacated the area, settling down several days’ eastward in Mossflower country.  The rats attempted to live in a tribe at first, but having lost all of their leaders and being so few in number and likewise high in strong personalities, spent most of the time fighting.

Rum’s birth tribe was disbanded for good little more than a season after their exodus from Salamandaston’s grove,s following a rather gruesome battle that ended in more than one death. Rum’s mother took her ratling to the opposite edge of the forest.  There they lived in the trees not far from Mossflower’s east coast for several seasons. It was here that Rum’s mother met and remarried another searat, who convinced her to take up a life of sailing and piracy. Rum, being old enough to look after herself and none too impressed with the corsairs as a whole, stayed behind. She spent a few seasons in the same spot until an unexpected springtide flood drove every creature living there inland, Rum included. She now spends her days roaming the trees north and east of Redwall abbey, stealing food, making little trinkets, and generally keeping to herself.

You totally need a Mongojerrie.

Totally.

I have that song stuck in my head now.

I BLAME YOU BUN BUN!

Bahaha! Somebody, make a mungoboy so's we can match! >8D

….yeah, that song is stuck in my head, now, too. <:o Also, thankee kindly, Highness. 83

Don't tempt me, I just might!

(Bahahaha XD <3)

DO ET OR I'LL CALL MY ATTACK BUNNEHS OUT

YOU DON'T WANT THAT

DON'T MAKE ME.

~:3

I LAUGH AT YOUR ATTACK BUNNEHS

AND RAISE YOU MAH ATTACK  KATTY KATS!

NUUU NOT THE KATTY KATS! ANYTHING BUT THE KATTY KATS!

IN THAT CASE I SEE YO' KATTY KATS AND RAISE YOU A BUNCHA PUPPY PUPS! >8Z

CURSES!

RELEASE THE ELEPHANTS!

Views