Holy crap…  This is really sad.

RIP, Brian...

Man, he'll be missed...  😢

It's depressing, poor guy wasn't even that old.

He will definitely be missed 😞

NUUUUUUU!!! Poor Brian. Cries and sobs 😢 😢

He'll be missed.
RIP Brian

NNOOOOO!! Poor BJ  😢 were gonna miss him.  😢 😢 😢 😢

RIP Brian.

First the guy who scripted pokemon (the editor) dies.

Now this!

My childhood is slowly vanishing away..

R.I.P Brian, you will be missed greatly, by all of us Redwall lovers.

Why is everyone RIPPING BJ to pieces? It's to bad, there won't be any more Redwall books now. 😞 What I really hope, is that no one tries to take over from him.

@Sparhawk:

Why is everyone RIPPING BJ to pieces? It's to bad, there won't be any more Redwall books now. 😞 What I really hope, is that no one tries to take over from him.

The last book for now is The Rogue Crew…

comes out may 5th

…He's... gone... no... no. No this... this can't be...

RIP Brian, you will be missed by so many.

Farewell to a legend. May his spirit rest in peace, and his inspiration live on.

I truly am the saddest person alive. T_T

Thank you, Brian.

Thank you for all the good times you gave me, all the happyness and brilliant times, and all the sadness and the fun and the laughter.

Thank you for influencing me to become a writer and a roleplayer, and to start of my career and to begin my degree.

Thank you. You will be remembered.

And i doubt any of you broke down into a sobbing wreck on hearing the news. He has been the greatest influence on my life, and pulled me through many dark days.

I was on DeviantART when I heard this news. One of the greatest writers in England who has written over 20 beloved stories…and now he's gone, just like that. This is very sad news for all of us who grew up with his stories.

So where will Redwall head now? Will it stop and go with Brian Jacques? Or will it live on? My hopes are that it lives on...but who can continue Redwall like the creator?

Only time will tell. But if there's one thing I'm thankful for, it's the wonderful things Redwall has brought into my life, even in my dreams.

Maybe he will go where all Redwall creatures go when they pass away. As for the legacy he left behind, that will live on. Redwall was a classic, an accident that was never meant to be. But I'm sure all of you will agree, I'm glad it happened.

Where Redwall is headed is now a mystery. We can only hope it ends up in good hands.

Farewell, Brian. You'll be dearly loved and missed by all of us. Thanks for the memories, the stories, and the movies. Thank you for Redwall. Maybe one day you can visit us like Martin the Warrior did with Redwall Abbey.

Oh, my goodness. This was the man who inspired my Redwall writing on this site (other than my friends here). I have based most of my personal writing off him and I loved his books. I am waiting for The Rogue Crew, but reading it now won't be the same without Brian Jacques, the man who started it all.

RIP, Brain Jacques. May the spirit of Redwall be with you.

~Jared Sandeye.

I only just realize, now that he is gone how much Redwall is in my life. How much it has changed me. It has also inspired me to write, I love writing. The only thing I write about is Redwall. I will treasure his last book very very much. I will miss him alot.

He was a great writer. I'll miss him and his writing :
    I'm going to buy his last book hardcover opening day. I admit I wasn't overly-excited before, but it only occurs to me me now how much he did for me and my writing. He might not have been the best player-with-words, but he was a great writer if only for the reasons he wrote.
    I hope his mission gets carried on in every author's writings, not just his successor's, if there is one.
    And you know, that brings to mind an idea: what if that's our new "legacy"? To use writing to better the world, like he did? He wrote his book and described the world in them so blind children could see. Maybe we can commit our writing to similar things, in his memory.

Bye Brian. You'll be sorely missed. And thank you. 🙂

@Shadetail:

Thank you, Brian.

Thank you for all the good times you gave me, all the happyness and brilliant times, and all the sadness and the fun and the laughter.

Thank you for influencing me to become a writer and a roleplayer, and to start of my career and to begin my degree.

Thank you. You will be remembered.

And i doubt any of you broke down into a sobbing wreck on hearing the news. He has been the greatest influence on my life, and pulled me through many dark days.

He saved my life.  He's one of the reasons why I'm still alive today.

He's gone to sunny slopes and quiet meadows now…

Views