The Razing Begins(open)

• "Unless you have teeth that can cut through anything, I think its best we stay here and out of trouble." She said, looking up as Bloodbane emerged from his tent. "…And for the record...There are worse things than being an enter---" KayLee was cut off as Blood walked over to them as he clapped.

KayLee watched him leave once again. "...How is it that you get the job of dancer, when I am a professional one" She grumbled, looking at Crimson, folding her arms at her chest.
    The best that she could hope for after that was if he let her become a member of his hoard, in which case she’d run when she got the chance, or some kind of servant to him. She didn’t belong in Noonvale like the rest of the captives, so it wasn’t like he could use her as a hostage like he could with them.
    She began to settle down to get some sleep.

• "How amusing. How very, amusing. It's so rare to see life flow in one of my camps."
    Blood looked at Crimson with a cruel grin. "I've changed my mind, you won't go to the pits. I might make you be a little dancer for the hoard instead!"

"Wh-what!?" Crimson exclaimed in dismay as her ears lowered, watching helplessly as he left for his tent. "Tell me dis is nud'n more dan a nightmare. A dancer? Ya gotta be kiddin' me!"

"…How is it that you get the job of dancer, when I am a professional one" She grumbled, looking at Crimson, folding her arms at her chest.

"I'd gladly give ya da position if I could, tree 'opper. Neva 'ave I seen Sir Bloody so cruel! What am I goin' ta do? I couldn't dance in my wildest dreams!" She started pulling out her head fur.

She looked over at KayLee and nudged her. "Oh, don't just doze off on me! Ya need ta teach me before I make a big fool o' myself in front o' de entire bloody 'orde!"

• "Oh, don't just doze off on me! Ya need ta teach me before I make a big fool o' myself in front o' dee entire bloody 'orde!"

KayLee looked over at Crimson, then laughed a little. "You want me to teach you how to dance? Something that I've spent my whole life learning in what, a few hours?" She said shaking her head. "…The only thing you have to know is this. Let the music guide your body. Don't think about it too much." She sighed.

"I'll show you some things later. The hoard just received a performance. It'll be a while before they come looking for more." The squirrel-maid stated, though it would be amusing to see the feline fail at the job.
    "We saved your skin...now what are we going to do for me" she said thoughtfully.

• "Well yeah! See nud'n wrong wid dat! Ah, stop tryin' ta make it sound so simple…"
    "I'll show you some things later. The hoard just received a performance. It'll be a while before they come looking for more." The squirrel-maid stated, though it would be amusing to see the feline fail at the job.
    "We saved your skin…now what are we going to do for me" she said thoughtfully.

"Dat's true… Ha, well what about ya? Expectin' fair exchange from a vermin? Yer just a 'opless case," Crimson laughed. She paused for a moment, realizing the squirrel was her only chance at avoiding imminent humiliation.

"Ah... Blah, why can't anything be simple? Fine, I'll dink of somethin'. Ya can't 'ave a dancer widout someone ta make some noise. Maybe we can convince da big dolt dat I need ya ta tap for me before 'e offs yer noggin'?"

• KayLee listened to Crimson, taking in her words. If she had her pack that Bloodbane took from her, she could make music and dance at the same time with her skirt and tambourine. But no! Instead, she was chained to a pole with a traitor.
    At this point she would do anything so that he didn’t harm…or kill…her. Though she did wonder why she was ‘special’ to be included in with this traitor and not with the others of Noonvale that were just considered ‘captives’.

“Well, whatever we think of, better be quick. I have no clue how long we have to be here…untouched.” She said with a yawn. It really didn’t matter to her as long as she lived.
    Dancer…Musician…Joining the ranks of Blood’s hoard…Servant…
    All were fine by here, once untied and with none watching, she could easily leave, especially if they all were engaged in battle or something. But first she needed a job.

KayLee titled her head up, looking at the sky. “We best get some sleep while we can” She said brining her head back down again, closing her eyes. “…Hate to see him if we’re slowing everyone else down because we’re tired” She said, trailing off as she fell asleep.

Awaking the next morning, KayLee shivered as her clothing and body where now damp from the dew that collected on her and the surroundings. She blinked a few times as her eyes adjusted to the light, as members of the hoard walked around, as they too where just waking up.

• Blood was wide awake and in full armor. He started issuing commands left and right. "You three, start pitching up the tents and you two wake the rest who haven't stirred. The rest start gathering your items and get the captives ready to march." The Overlord pointed to two of his loyalist. "You, get me my blade and you fetch me the two chained beasts."
    "Right away sir!" They said in unison.
    "We march in one hour!" Blood called. The loyalist hitched Kaylee to a chain and prodded at Crimson to awaken with his hail burg.
    "Wake up, traitor."

• "Mm… meh..." The groggy cat raised a paw and gestured a dismissal as she attempted to continue sleeping. When whoever it was kept prodding her, she growled angrily and slowly sat herself up. "'Ey, 'oo dares disturb de great Crimson Velseras from 'er slumber!?"

She pushed away the hail berg, then looked up at the Overlord. Her ears went flat. "Hehe, ah..." She hastily stood up. "D-don't mind me, I'm all ready ta march n' march!"

She turned and grumbled to herself. "Humph, 'n I was 'avin' such a nice dream..."

• "Well ya woke up to a nightmare didn' cha!?" The guard sarcasticly said. Others unlocked the twofrom the pole and led them to Bloodbane.
    "Congrats you two, I've finally decided what I'm going to do with you both." His guard gave him his giant sword. "Thank you, and as I was saying; I've decided that you both shall be my son, Stephano Bloodbane's, personal entertainment." The woulverine gave a deep laugh of amusement.
    "Have them ride in my tent wagon, I don't want them filthy and tired when my son see's them. "In half an hour the camp was up and ready to march.

• KayLee stayed still and silent as Crimson was awoken and they were unchained and lead to Bloodbane.
    She slowly looked around, though kept an eye on Bloodbane. Her heart skipping a beat as he spoke and the guard gave him the sword. Though once he continued she had let out a breath she had been holding.
    "Right, that doesn't sound so bad. Just like in the circus, 'cept it's in front of one instead of a crowd." She said with a half smile, looking at Crimson.
    Kaylee felt sorry for the feline who had no clue how to dance and entertain, should it come down to it, She was the better performer and her presence would be wanted more then her counter-part.

The squirrel-maid sat waiting in Blood's tent wagon. She had no idea if this was a blessing that they didn't have to walk, or a curse that they'd have to spend then entire time with Blood himself as they traveled. "Maybe I'll get my bag back…" She said, thinking out loud to herself. "...I--We'd be able to dance and entertain a lot better if I had my stuff from that bag."

• OOC: 😛 Didn't mean to copy the name of the comic book. lol.

Kataran the Avenger, a pine martin with black eyes, groaned as he saw he was appointed to guard the prisoners. He fingered the hilt of one of his many throwing knives as he reflected. "I can spy on Bloodbane, but I hate being so close to him. It's dangerous." he thought. Kataran was of a group of beasts who called themselves the Avengers. They met once every year to admit one beast out of alot into their group. The Avengers traversed the land, seeking those who wished to be Avenged. Though there was vermin in the group, they only avenged good beasts. In order that they might know each other, they had a peculiar tattoo on their left shoulder in a swirling pattern.
    Kataran didn't have anyone to avenge here, but he did plan on helping the squirrel maid and the wild cat, Crimson. Who he found distasteful and annoying but she needed help nonetheless. He sauntered over to the wagon and stood at the entrance facing perpindicular to it.
    He only caught the back end of the conversation. "We'd be able to dance and entertain alot better if I had stuff from my bag."
    Kataran smiled, here was something he could help with. He spoke to the two beasts without moving his lips, "Don't ask questions right now, but I'm here to help you. I was given your bag to take care of, the stuff is untouched." He glanced around with his eyes and then wordlessly tossed it into the wagon, which no one saw him do.

• OOC: She's actually a wild cat 🙂

BIC: Ya mean dat, 'ding', 'as a litter!? she exclaimed in her mind.

"Oh, just what I always, Bloody, wanted! 'Ah, joke, ya see? Heh… So we just gotta entertain dis little 'un den? Sounds easy! Ooh, we get ta ride in de wagon?" she asked with sudden excitement. "Oh, yer ta kind, Sir Bloody! Don't mind if'n I do!" she said in an overly polite tone as she entered the back of the wagon.

She felt at her newly freed wrists and ankles with great relief. "Ah..." she released with a sigh as she laid back lazily. "Sometimes it's important ta enjoy de simple pleasures in life, ya know? I do 'ope dis Stephano brat is a bit cuter dan ya-know-'oo," she muttered quietly.

She closed her eyes to nap, her ears perking at KayLee's last comment. "As if Bloody'd actually give our stuff back..."

Her eyes opened wide as their stuff was thrown into the wagon. She immediately sat up and got a good look at the pine martin behind the wagon. "Untouched, ya say?... We 'ave 'n unexpected ally in de midst..."

She immediately grabbed her pack and hid it behind herself. Her eyes glinted evilly. "Dat means my poison's still in 'ere... Hm hm hm, Sir Bloody'll neva know what 'it 'im..." she muttered darkly as she flashed a smile. With unrestrained glee, her mind began to picture various death scenarios and torture sessions for the great overlord.

• Blood was prepping and making sure the hoard was ready. "Two weeks sir." A lieutenant told Bloodbane.
    "Hm?" He asked.
    "That's 'ow long I give 'em for your son makes 'em bonkers."
    "Ha, I don't even given them four days." The Overlord said with a joked tone.
    "By the way, makes you so fond of Stephano? You have about eight other kits, each far meaner than him." The lieutenant asked with great curiosity.
    "Just for that reason. He's the only one not trying to kill me."
    "That's depressing."
    "Yes, yes it is." Bloodbane stood on a stump. "Every one at the ready!" At unison the hoard picked up their things and grabbed the wheeled cages and the tent wagon of the overlord. "On my mark, march!" The machine the wolverine created began to move, wheels creaking and vermin grunted.. "I want no slacking! I need to be back at the fortress by today!" They were already picking up their steps.

• KayLee jumped a little as she heard Kataran speak from outside the wagon, though smiled as he had said that he was here to help them. Her smile only grew as he tossed in the bag. She quickly hid her bag among the other things in the wagon. If Bloodbane heard her coin-skirt or tambourine, then … well she didn’t want to think about that.
    “Thank you. What is your name?” She asked the stranger. She felt a bit better, knowing someone was there to help. She’d trust Crimson more, but the feline tried to kill her boss before, she wasn’t going to let her do the same to her.

“…You even so much as think about you, you’ll be dead” The squirrel-maid said to the feline. “You couldn’t do it before, what makes you think you can do it now. And now you not only have yourself to think about. If you fail, we’ll both suffer. I won’t let you do that to me. So if you plan anything, make sure it counts.” She said sitting back.

The wagon shook as the hoard outside began to move it. “…Well someone’s in a hurry to get home” She said, hearing Blood yelling at everyone.

She had wondered what it was like at the fortress. It didn’t matter to her if she was a prisoner or not, if she was to be entertaining and performing because that was her job before. So as long as there’s a roof over her head and she gets feed, everything would be fine. And she could work for her freedom.

• "Kataran the Avenger, to use my full title. Call me Tar though." He watched the commotion with a keen eye. "Now shattup, both of you, or you'll be killed. Especially you, cat. One more peep and I might kill you myself and save Bloodbane the chore." Kataran stood at the ready like any other vermin would, waiting to move out. He then slid a thin, long knife with a strange sheath and string. "Tie this to your leg, squirrel, and keep it hidden. Just in case. Don't thank me, I'm just doing what I swore to do." He grinned to himself but then covered it as he noticed Bloodbane nearby. It would not do for him to notice that, or him for that matter. He didn't want any attention.

• _“…You even so much as think about you, you’ll be dead” The squirrel-maid said to the feline. “You couldn’t do it before, what makes you think you can do it now. And now you not only have yourself to think about. If you fail, we’ll both suffer. I won’t let you do that to me. So if you plan anything, make sure it counts.” She said sitting back.

Now shattup, both of you, or you'll be killed. Especially you, cat. One more peep and I might kill you myself and save Bloodbane the chore._

"Humph! Ya be nud'n but downers, de lot o' ya! Just no faid in de great Crrimson!" Crimson crossed her arms and managed a quiet growl. "An' dat be my name if ya should be wonderin', Tar. Lord Crimson, ta be precise."

She winced as the wagon struck a bump. "Why dat Bloody… What's wid de rush? Why can't we just enjoy a smood an' proper ride?" she grumbled.

• The haul was a long one. The air was cold and the wind began to blow. This was the reason Blood was in a hurry, a blizzard was coming. Even though Bloodbane was a hulking warlord, the harshest of colds could kill the harshest of soldiers. He knew the he could survive a long trek threw the cold, but his men couldn't, and niether could the captives.
    "Faster! The cold winds of the north are close at hand. The quicker we get to the strong hold the less we have to suffer." The vermin began marching at their fastest speed. The ones pulling the wagon of captives were up to a jog, and so were the ones pulling Crimson and Kaylee. They would feel only the nips of winter's fangs with their pace, and Blood was well enough happy with that.

• "Faster! The cold winds of the north are close at hand. The quicker we get to the strong hold the less we have to suffer."

Crimson's ears perked up as she listened to Bloodbane beckon the soldiers outside. She felt at the cold tips of her fur. "Well, I suppose dat answers dat question. It is gettin' a bit chilly inside come ta dink o' it. Da winter season's done no good for any beast. I swear, as soon as I become overlord, I'm goin' ta boycott winter!"

• KayLee sat opposite Crimson in the carriage with Kataran just outside the door. She still had no idea why she was one of the special captives along with Crimson. She didn’t betray Bloodbane like the feline did. All she did was try to defend Noonvale like the other residents.
    She shivered a little, it was getting a tad chilly just sitting in the carriage. Not moving had made it worse as her body began to stiffen up.

The squirrel-maid looked up at Crimson and nodded. “Yes. As chilly as it is, I’d rather stay in here than be walking out there.” She said as they swayed a little as the soldiers picked up the pace “…Or in a quick march for that matter.” She said leaning back, rubbing her arms hoping to get the chill off her body. She huddled up to keep as warm as she could. “I wonder how long it’ll be ‘till we get to wherever it is that they are taking us? Better be soon. I’m getting cold and hungry.” She said with a sigh.

She tilted her head to look at the other female in the carriage. “Have you ever met this son of Bloodbane’s we’re suppose to be entertaining? What’s he like?” She asked, wondering if he’d be the same as his father. Perhaps he’d get bored of them quickly and release them.

• Crimson licked her lips and rubbed her paws together excitedly. "Oh, I'm rader partial myself. I could really go fer a nice, big, tuna, right about now!"

She blinked at KayLee's question, and shook her head. "I'm just about as clueless as ye ta be 'onest. I said some'n about it before, but I didn't even know 'e 'ad a litter up until now. Wid 'ow big 'is place is, it's not dat suprisin'. I imagine 'e only ever let 'is accursed paw-picked elite group anywhere near de little guy. De spoiled brat could probably show 'imself whenever 'e wanted dough, 'n if 'e's turned up every now and den, I was a probably takin' a cat nap, or 'e's never approached de main group. Der's no guarantee 'e's de only little 'un eider. I never 'eard de elites say anyding about 'im, which usually means eider it's a special secret, or just not a dought dey are particularly fond o' sharin' wid us. I doubt it's de former."

She scratched her chin, greatly curious about how bad their situation would be.

OOC: Vargon's turn next?

• Kataran made sure no one was watching as he pulled himself under the speeding wagon and held on for dear life with his claws. He pulled a double sided hook from his small bag. He hooked one side into his sturdy, leather x belt that was made specifically for things like this, and then left it there. The belt ran crosswise, both ways, across his chest and attached to a hard leather piece that spread across his back. He tensed his right arm and legs as he pulled his strongest, sharpest knife from its sheath with his left arm and smalled it into the wood, creating a hole in which to attach his hook. Kataran did so quickly as he couldn't hold on much longer. He sighed as relief flooded through his arms and legs. He then got to work and cut a hole big enough for him to get through with a small saw that he had pilfered. He would just drop it afterwards as he wouldn't need it. Kataran poked his head through silently and held a paw to his lips, indicating silence. He pulled out two apples and some cheese for them. "This was all I could manage for now. I might be able to get some later." he whispered. Kataran slipped back down and put the hole back in place, aligning it perfectly so that it was unnoticable. He then sealed it with strong wax so that it would hold a tremendous amount of wieght before it would break.

Recent Topics

Users

Topics