ANNOUNCEMENT: Site Update and Added Features…

NOTE: We will be doing a much needed update to the Redwall Forum tonight. The whole site may comedown for a few hours. It will most likely occur between 2-4 am. (I don't sleep much.)
When the update is over, we will likely have moved the forum to a new location. It will still be on this sight but it most likely will NOT be "…com/SMF/whatever...".
If you ahve any questions or comments please let me know.
Also, this is a great opportunity to tell me about any feature sets you want to see. I'll be working of this for a while and so it's best to tell me now what you want or it may be a long time before you see that feature.
Thanks!

Redwall's Legacy

Hmm…  Not being well versed in the art of forum administration, I don't know if this would be possible, but a live chatbox would be most excellent...  There is much complaint about the current one; nobody likes constantly having to refresh the entire site just so that they can see what others are saying.

Ok. I'll see what I can do.

Also. This is big.
THEME: Do you guys all want the same design and look or are you ready for something new?
What do you want the sight to look and feel like?
Let me know!

RL

I like the current look.

Request: PLEASE do not put any flash/shinys onto the site. I want to be able to read the posts at work on my kindle! 😞

I like the way it is right now!

Request: One thing, could  you make it so you can give awards? And this is just an idea but could you make it so that you can delete a message in the C-box? OH Yeah and you should put a tab on the threads so you can BUMP then without posting!

I might be wrong but in the Kitchen I can't add an article that's one thing to be fixed

The problem with the current look is that there is a 50% chance that it won't work with the update.
Updating the sight is non-negotiable. It simply has to happen. Besides. I'm sure we can make the site look way cooler.
Don't worry. I won't be adding "shinies". Haha.

If we do have to change the theme, do you want a brightly colored theme. natural, or dark?
Please let me know.

@Denya- Sorry, but bumping isn't supposed to happen anyways. Postless bumping would just agravate the plague. Chat box comments can already be deleted by Mods. They might not have known this however.

@Buckthorn- Yah, that will surely be fixed.

natural or dark is great, though im new here 🙂

I just want to read it on my kindle at work, it keeps me going xD

I would have to say nutrual colours. Such as the colours that are on now. Not too dark nor light and easy to read.

Welcome back BTW

Though maybe it would be a good idea to prune the members list. There are members who registered in 2007 and have 0 posts.
And maybe send out a bulk e-mail to all members once all the updates are done and such.

Hey RL, here is a site that has a really nice color theme, I just went there to take a break from all the other clashing colors on other sites. Anyway, if we change the theme/color scheme, I would choose this one. Click here> Redwall Season

Nice, RL! I am looking forward to seeing these changes!

As far as additional features to be added go, I can't think of anything that's missing here that I'd like to see. Killing those bot members would be great. But if we're getting a new forum, what happens to all of the posts here? Do I need to backup my rp/profile posts or what?

I would recommend neutral to dark color scheme because it's easier on the eyes.

However, I sort of like what Legends of Redwall Abbey has done probably because I love the colors red and golden yellow together. -.-  My friend hates

http://cometolora.proboards.com/

Sorry Folks. The change is going to have to happen another night. I had hopes of doing it last night but something got in the way. 😛
I've been considering everyone's requests and I think everyone is going to like the end result. 🙂

Ok. So you all received the email. This should be of no surprise to anyone… Right. Haha.
Don't worry. It'll be better than before.
In the meantime, enjoy the clean nature of the site and the fact that it's a LOT faster.
Everything got cleaned up pretty well. We'll be making this way cooler than before. So enjoy!

I'll be doing further updates and feature enhancements over the course of the next week. Don't worry everybody. Things'll be great soon enough.
Keep a stiff upper lip and get postin'!
The last thing a recovering RPG board needs is shy and nostalgic members!
Haha
Good luck!
😎 😎

Hey RL, Spar here, I don't think anyone can post unless they re-register… Is there anything you can do about that?

Are you getting some kind of error message?

No, there just isn't a post option. Also, when I'm signed into my account, I can't get into my profile, view messages or look at other peoples' profiles.

OK. I'm working on this as fast as I can. Give me a few minutes to figure this out…

OK, just so you know. I thought it was kinda funny when you said to "get posting!" It wasn't that we didn't want to, it was just that we couldn't!  😛

Views