If this character died I would've cried.

Just follow what the title says. Only thing is that it can't be a character who has actually died.
I tend not to grow attached to characters, so I don't get upset over something happening to them, but if Dotti had been killed during Lord Brocktree, 😢 bawling forever.

Oh my goodness, me too!  That would have totally ruined the story!

If Martin would have died (I mean during the story, not from old age XD)  That would have been pretty sad too.  Not only that, but then Mr. BJ wouldn't have much to write about after that, unless he came up with a new guy.

That's true, without Martin, there'd be no Redwall and every bad guy who wanted to take it would be pretty bored.

^^ Exactly!  There's plenty of others that would have been a tragedy if they'd of died, I just need to think about this a moment longer.

Well… I'm not sure if this counts, but I more or less bawled buckets when Warbeak died. Loved that little sparrow, she was such an awesome character...

Yes that was rather sad 😧  I think I would have cried if Bella had died before she found out that Sunflash was still alive.  That would have sucked majorly.

@Temperance:

Yes that was rather sad 😧  I think I would have cried if Bella had died before she found out that Sunflash was still alive.  That would have sucked majorly.

I haven't read OoR yet, so I guess that happened during that? And I think I've noticed something. Moles don't die.

Ah yes, sorry to have spoiled some of it for you XP

Hmm…..that just might be true......

@Kai:

That's true, without Martin, there'd be no Redwall and every bad guy who wanted to take it would be pretty bored.

Maybe there would have, it just wouldn't have been the same Redwall Abbey? Perhaps a castle, rather than an abbey. Or a settlement.

@Kedrin:

Maybe there would have, it just wouldn't have been the same Redwall Abbey? Perhaps a castle, rather than an abbey. Or a settlement.

That would be interesting!

Wanna know what would be cool? Reading the backstories of the villians, getting to know what made Cluny want Redwall so much other than what it says in the book or how he got into that fight with the pike that took his eye or why Tsarmina's so terrified of water. That would be so cool 🙂

Any death of any good character makes me sad.  Most of the characters that I was strongly attached to died anyway. -.-

If I have to be specific, fine. Matthias and Constance.

Now, as far as back stories go I would love to know the origins of Ungatt Trunn and Verdauga Greeneyes. I know their father is King Mortspear and that the wildcats are from the north but it would be interesting to read about how and why Verdauga decided to come and settle in Mossflower in greater detail.

As above.

I do not read, I enter the world with the characters and observe. In redwalls case, I am often an observer in the role of a mouse or shrew etc who just follows the heroes and experiences everything. Sometimes (rarely) in a re-read i have a gemstone of light where I will be my character in the world, which makes it highly entertaining as bits get injected into fight scenes where -i- take a part.

I havent read any books in awhile so im hoping i havent lost that immersion level though :3

I get sad for the death of any really good character. Though, I really get upset if 'simple' characters are hurt. Dibbuns or idiots. Id cry if the carpenter rat died.

Corn flower, The good rat fromthe bell maker whatshisname, Martin, Bail stag hair, and alot more

If instead of the dying instantly, Cluny was crushed and crippled under the Joseph bell and he was crying ( Cluny crying? Am I insane?) out in pain and we could see (or read, I should say) what he was thinking about while dying, I believe that tears would've been shed. I actually feel like writing something about that now 😄

@ajc3000fox:

Corn flower, The good rat fromthe bell maker whatshisname, Martin, Bail stag hair, and alot more

Blaggut, I think the rat's name was.

@NightFang:

@ajc3000fox:

thats sounds about right

Blaggut, I think the rat's name was.

The only bad guy I got sad over was Nightshade from Oucast. Oh, and the large fox.

Balefur? I can't believe I remembered his name. xD I haven't read the book in years.

Views