These are the traditional Rping species. Anything that is not on this list is "non-traditional" and goes in the Non-Traditional Character thread. The "good, neutral, and bad" is not set.

Good:
Badger
Hamster
Hare [Mountain]
Hedgehog
Mole
Mouse [Dor, Field, Harvest, Wood]
Otter [River, Sea]
Shrew [River, Pygmy]
Sparrow
Squirrel
Vole [Bank, Water, Field]
Robin

Neutral
Bat
Beaver
Blackbird
Dolphin
Eagle** [Osprey]
Eel
Falcon
Goose
Hawk [Goshawk]
Honey Buzzard
Horse
Kestre
Newt
Owl [Great Horned Owl, Little, Long Eared, Short Eared, Tawny Owl]
Rabbit
Red Kite
Seal Lion
Seal
Shrike
Swan
Wolf
Wren

Bad
Blackbird
Crow
Ermine
Ferret
Flitchaye
Fox
Hybrids [Monsters Ex: Wearet]
Magpie
Marlfox
Monitor Lizard
Painted Ones [Treerats]
Pine Marten
Polecat
Rat [Various]
Raven
Rook
Snake
Stoat
Toad
Weasel
Wildcat
Wolverines

What about wolverines?

Sorry if I'm not supposed to post here. :S  Just helping out.

Yeah, I guess wolverine are OK, I'll add them to the list.

That is true, though that was the ONLY one he ever used.  Don't forget hamsters, that was a key character in Triss.
Never mind, I'm blind 😣
Whaaaat about a Gerbil?  Or well….the things in Loamhedge....were they a gerbil?  They kinda actually sounded like a kangaroo mouse....but it's been a while since I read it, so I could be wrong.  Again.

Teehee in that case I wanna make a horsey!!

Can we RP as a dog? I think that a dog was mentioned in Redwall. If not; that's okay.

A dog was mentioned in Redwall, yes.  Along with a pig, then in Eulalia! a cow was mentioned 😄

I don't think that a horse would really qualify as a trad' character. About the dog, I don't know as it should be a traditional character either. Well think about it, a dog is a least twice the size of a badger! Depending on what kind of course. If you want to be a pig do ahead! You could kill your enemy with your breath or something! xD

Sparhawk if a dog is twice the size of a badger then what about wolves!

Who knows maybe is a Dachshund…  😉

Well, I'd love argue, but I got supper dishes to do so I can't stick around.

Although this is a fantasy world, so to an extent size can be manipulated as desired by the RPrs…   Within reason, of course.  Like, obviously wolves aren't as big as they are in our world, and shrews are probably a tad larger than they are here.  🙂

Oh snap then I've been messing up, because I've imagined them all as the size of people….am I the only one that does that?

I TOTALLY imagine them people size, Tempe. Especially in regards to things like trees when they stand next to one. Y'know? But I do keep them on a sort of scale of their heights in relation to other animals. For example…

Mouse & Vole, small. Squirrel, medium. Otter & Fox, medium/large. Wolf, biggie.

Lol... something like that...

Oh well yeah 😄  Mine are just above normal lol…I like tall things :3  And we can make goodies out of baddies, right?

Yeah, like I said, the "Good Neutral and Bad" is not set, you can do what ever you want.

At the same time, I notice that there are an awful lot of good vermin and a disproportional number of evil woodlanders. lol. What's the world coming to?

I've noticed this to be true in quite a few Redwall RPs I've been in that don't have a rule against making vermin species wicked.

I wouldn't mind making an 'evil' mouse/otter/badger/etc though presently speaking I think I have enough characters on my hands. 😕

Maybe later. :S

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing.

I generally gravitate towards "good", but often prefer traditionally "bad" species over the good ones.  I'm kind of a mustelid fan.  xD

So what choice do I have but to break [Redwall's] cultural norms?  🙂

I typically do not relish playing the villain because it often means that I'm left alone to rp with myself when the good guys have had enough of me. xD You can only drag out a conflict for so long.

I could change Kajika and Hakan from wolves to otters or something but I'd have to completely rework their history. scratches his head Could be interesting. One would have to play with the idea.

Views