Out of curiosity, who here imagines the charas as being talking animals that walk on all fours? Who imagines the as being life-like (animals on hind legs with humanoid postures and clothing) and who here imagines them as having hair and paws that look more like hands? Further still, who imagines them like they imagine a cartoon?

Lastly, who here imagines them as though they were humans with cool-looking animal ears or tails? lol

Examples:
Talking animals
Life-like
Almost life-like (Sorry to pick on you, Kyrodo :))
Cartoony
People with Tails

Well I've always imagined them as like people, only animals….which choice would that be?

If they have hair, number 3. If they are just animals that walk like humans, number two.

Number 2 for me.
I do NOT imagine them on all fours, that is plain silly.
I do imagine them, animals in clothing with awesome weapons, jumping around on two legs.
I'd LOVE to imagine them as number three (kinda like Tempe's characters sound like) but I always thought nobody ever did that on this site!? haha!
I cannot imagine them cartoony!!! Sure the animated series was OK… but... It kinda butchers the character's look and the whole redwall idea.
People with tails!?!?!?!?! Sheeeesshhhh....

In short. To me they are totally like the illustrations in the Redwall books! xD
But I think I'm going to try a character based off of 3...

…..I hit the wrong one.  I VOTE 3 BUT HIT 2.  DERP FAIL!

I just made it so that you can change your vote if you need to. huggu Temp hahaha

8D Aww thanks Seth!  hugs back

Hmm…  Animals that look like the real deal, except with the ability to talk, and with modified limb joints so that they can walk, run, and wield weapons.  Also, their faces look like the real deal, except intelligent looking...  If you get what I mean...

Exactly! That sums about everything up. xD

I kind of imagine a mixture of 2 and 3. They would have the heads, fur color, tails, ears, and stuff of the animal. A human body in shape, but with fur of course. Also maybe hair in human fashion, but I'm not sure.

Yes, I agree with Vik.  Guess really it'd be like an anthro thing…

@Sethorion:

Out of curiosity, who here imagines the charas as being talking animals that walk on all fours? Who imagines the as being life-like (animals on hind legs with humanoid postures and clothing) and who here imagines them as having hair and paws that look more like hands? Further still, who imagines them like they imagine a cartoon?

Lastly, who here imagines them as though they were humans with cool-looking animal ears or tails? lol

Examples:
Talking animals
Life-like
Almost life-like (Sorry to pick on you, Kyrodo :))
Cartoony
People with Tails

I'm actually rather flattered. ^^ I'm stuck between Almost Life-Like and Cartoony, especially since my first impression of the Redwall Series came from the show, which I actually rather enjoyed.

😧  When I got into reading Redwall they had taken the show off of the air, so I had no idea it even existed.

In Redwall I imagine them to be something like this…

Example 1 - http://media.photobucket.com/image/black wolf/liltrudger/blkwolf.jpg?o=211

Example 2- http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolf anthro/foxboy93/Anthro/Anthro Males/werewolf3.jpg?o=159

I do not imagine them with human hair. xD  I know a lot of anthro artists give females hair (and even males) but to me that's making them too human . The only time it looks right to me is when the hair matches their fur (and said fur should be a natural color to the species.) Pardon, I mean no insult to anyone who writes their character different. xD

I don't imagine them wearing footwear either because in my mind they have paws instead of feet .  ( Fact: I just hate human feet. )

I do imagine clothing on them as well but rarely do I picture a wolf with any type of full body winter wear. It just makes no sense to me.  xD

P.S.- Laguz are awesome.

I voted almost life-like...not sure if I voted correctly. :S Ah well.

@Kyrodo:

I'm actually rather flattered. ^^ I'm stuck between Life-Like and Cartoony, especially since my first impression of the Redwall Series came from the show, which I actually rather enjoyed.

Me too.  I imagine them as a bit more "polished" version of the Cartoony one, but with certain aspects of "Life-Like". I do think they hit it pretty spot on with the series, though, but that's maybe because I started reading the books after watching the series.

It seems we're in the same boat. ^^

The show made quite the impression on me in my middle school years. The music, the feelings, the voices, and art that fit the characters rather well… it fascinated me greatly. It's what first preceded my near-obsession with anthropomorphic characters.

@NightFang:

In Redwall I imagine them to be something like this…

Example 1 - http://media.photobucket.com/image/black wolf/liltrudger/blkwolf.jpg?o=211

Example 2- http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolf anthro/foxboy93/Anthro/Anthro Males/werewolf3.jpg?o=159

I do not imagine them with human hair. xD  I know a lot of anthro artists give females hair (and even males) but to me that's making them too human . The only time it looks right to me is when the hair matches their fur (and said fur should be a natural color to the species.) Pardon, I mean no insult to anyone who writes their character different. xD

I don't imagine them wearing footwear either because in my mind they have paws instead of feet .  ( Fact: I just hate human feet. )

I do imagine clothing on them as well but rarely do I picture a wolf with any type of full body winter wear. It just makes no sense to me.  xD

P.S.- Laguz are awesome.

I voted almost life-like...not sure if I voted correctly. :S Ah well.

No offence taken, no worries ^^  I like odd colored things (in case you haven't noticed already lol) and I dunno….I've always pictured my characters with hair, but not Redwallers.

I've always seen them as antro animals in clothes and whatnot, so almost life-like.

Views