Revenge! (Private; Sparhawk, Silentdawn, Viki)

Shaun Strongrudder swam lazily in the river Moss. It was a warm spring day in May, there were only a few puffy little white clouds marring the bright blue sky. The young otter was soaking up sun for all he was worth because he knew that there wouldn't be much of it later. Weather is a fickle thing and it can change in the blink of an eye, especially if that eye is sleepy! The Moss isn't a very turbulent river so Shaun was not to worried about being ducked under by a stray currant.

His thoughts were wondering back to his home on Greenisle and his family, Sarah and Karla. He missed his little sister especially. For some reason she was always able to make him laugh. He also missed his mother Sarah's cooking. He hadn't had any cooking like her's since his last visit to Redwall.

Suddenly he was aware of somebeast's shadow that had fallen over him. His mind raced as he thought of his weapons that were lying on the bank along with his other gear. He rolled over in the water and looked up but he couldn't make out much with the sun glaring in his eyes. "Hello." He said, in a friendly manner.

(This is pretty much my first time RPing so I hope I do all right.)

Dawn Stormbreeze walked slowly along the bank of the River Moss. It was where she had lived half of her life, and where her father, the last one she had left, had died. Dawn suddenly felt overwhelmed by her feelings of loss. It seemed like her feeling were crushing her heart like a massive paw. Dawn leaned against a tree, unable to stand on her own.

For a minute or so, Dawn just stood alone, trying to get her flowing emotions under control. It was like trying to hold back a raging flood. Everything was coming crashing down around her. Though it was hard, she did it. She managed to push back her sorrow, and replace it with the burning anger against all vermin that she had carried to long. Dawn's anger was the only thing that kept her from being overwelmed by sadness.

Dawn straightened up, feeling as if she had ran for miles instead of just walking a few hundred feet. She continued her walk down the bank, wondering if she would ever find Ashtooth and his crew, and how she would ever kill them all if she found them. She was awoken from her thoughts by clatter of weaponry. She had stumbled across a sword and some javelins left on the bank. They had most likely been left there be some beast who went for a swim.

"Hello!"

The voice that came from the water was friendly, but Dawn wasn't taking her chances. Her sword paw went to her hilt as she turned towards the sound. The voice had come from a young otter floating in the river. "Hello," Dawn replied, relaxing her grip on the hilt of her sword, "are those your weapons on the bank?" She wanted to make sure there wasn't another more vile beast nearby that owned the armaments.

"are those your weapons on the bank?"

"Yeah, those are mine. Who are you? I'm Shaun Strongrudder of Greenisle." Shaun kept his voice low and non threatening. This young mouse maid looked very sad and Shaun didn't want to make her nervous. Also, she was toting a huge broadsword. He swam to the bank and climbed out. With no fast movements he picking up his sword belt and buckled in on, then he picked up his javelins in their case and slung them over his shoulder so they were on his back.

Looking at those javelins had made him remember his father and his promise to kill the vermin that had slain him.

"Yeah, those are mine. Who are you? I'm Shaun Strongrudder of Greenisle."

Dawn stepped to the side so that the otter could retrieve his weaponry. The otters of Green Isle were good but tough beasts, and she felt that Shaun was no different. "My name is Dawn Stormbreeze," she said, "I grew up near the river, but I have been traveling Mossflower for a long time. What brings you so far from Green Isle?"

**"I grew up near the river, but I have been traveling Mossflower for a long time. What brings you so far from Green Isle?" **

"I'm on a quest. A small band of vermin killed my father about four seasons back (years) and I'm looking for them to kill them. There are seven and their leader's name is Ashttoth. I've killed one of them and lost a javelin to it when it sank into a bog. That's why I only have seven. I figure that one javelin each should do the trick!" This last was said with anger in Shaun's voice. He calmed down quickly and put his warm smile back on. "So how does a mouse maid come to be carrying a broadsword?"

"I'm on a quest. A small band of vermin killed my father about four seasons back (years) and I'm looking for them to kill them. There are seven and their leader's name is Ashtooth. I've killed one of them and lost a javelin to it when it sank into a bog. That's why I only have seven. I figure that one javelin each should do the trick!"

Dawn's clenched her fists in anger as she heard the name of her hated enemy, Ashtooth. The evil stoat had killed many in his lifetime.

"So how does a mouse maid come to be carrying a broadsword?"

"For the very same reason you carry your javelins," Dawn said, "my entire family was killed by Ashtooth and his murderous gang. I have been hunting him ever since." She lowered her head as she continued, "I'm not sure if Ashtooth even knows I exist, but if I ever find him, I will make him fear my name." Her face was set with grim resolution, she was determined to avenge her family.

"I'm not sure if Ashtooth even knows I exist, but if I ever find him, I will make him fear my name."

Shaun knew that Dawn would not accept his sympathy so he didn't offer any. He knew how she felt, Ashtooth didn't even know he existed. Ah well, all to the good, in the end… So they had a common enemy, it would be easier to kill him with two rather than one. "Look Dawn, I'm sorry. We both hate him andhe doen't know we exist. That will be his downfall in the end. Do you know where he was last?"

"Look Dawn, I'm sorry. We both hate him and he doesn't know we exist. That will be his downfall in the end. Do you know where he was last?"

Dawn thought for a moment. She had asked many beasts about the whereabouts of Ashtooth, but information was still fuzzy at best. "Last I heard he was in north Mossflower raiding innocent beast's homes," she said sadly, "he has gotten more beasts to join his gang since we ran into him. But, I'm sure that together we will be able to stop his foul deeds once and for all!"

"Last I heard he was in north Mossflower raiding innocent beast's homes," she said sadly, "he has gotten more beasts to join his gang since we ran into him. But, I'm sure that together we will be able to stop his foul deeds once and for all!"

"I agree to a certain point. I mean, You and I won't be able to take out and band of vermin, even if it a small one. We'll need help. Do you know anyone that you could find to help? I have a friend who would be happy to help us.

(Loki is Vik's character, he asked if he could jump in and I don't mind.)

"I agree to a certain point. I mean, You and I won't be able to take out and band of vermin, even if it a small one. We'll need help. Do you know anyone that you could find to help? I have a friend who would be happy to help us.

"I really have distanced myself from the world since my father died," she said thoughtfully, "but I may know a beast who can help us. His name is Loki Flashpaw, I met him at Redwall once. He is a bit of a rogue but he said that if I ever needed help, he would be there all the way."

**"I really have distanced myself from the world since my father died," ….... "but I may know a beast who can help us. His name is Loki Flashpaw, I met him at Redwall once. He is a bit of a rogue but he said that if I ever needed help, he would be there all the way." **

"That's fine! My friends name is Sparhawk Fleetfoot, he lives here in Mossflower. I met him when I came here from Greenisle."
Shaun's expression turned thoughtful as well, " I think he's at home, though he might not be. We should go see if we can find him, then we'll head over to Redwall and pick up Loki. Does that sound okay?

(We can see if there is anybody else who wants to join at Redwall too.)

"That's fine! My friends name is Sparhawk Fleetfoot, he lives here in Mossflower. I met him when I came here from Greenisle. I think he's at home, though he might not be. We should go see if we can find him, then we'll head over to Redwall and pick up Loki. Does that sound okay?

"Sounds good to me," Dawn said, "where does your friend live?"

"Where does your friend live?"

"He lives near the river Moss, most of the time he's off on his own, so I'm not positive that he'll be home. We can go check and see though, his parents might know where he is. So how long have you known Loki?"

OOC: You casn get us going in your next post if you want.

"OK," Dawn said, "let's go." She started walking down the bank of the river, indicating for Shaun to follow. "I haven't known him that long," she said in response to the otter's question, "but we visit Redwall and met each other there. He stood out as a beast more like me. More of a rouge good beast than a pure one."

Shaun laughed, "I can relate to that!" He trotted to catch up with the mousemaid. The forest was a vibrant green and it smelled heavenly as they walked together toward Redwall. "We'll pick Loki up first. Sparhawk might be in Redwall so we can check on our way."

(Should we create a thread at Redwall then? Also, I think I need  to remind Vik, I think he forgot he was in this thread.)

"That sounds good to me!" Dawn said. Then a sudden thought struck her. She couldn't believe that she was actually going to complete her life's mission. Actually going to get revenge on Ashtooth. What would she do when he was dead? "After we do this," she asked Shaun, "what will we do? Revenge is our life now!"

"That's a good question, I don't know, travel probably. I want to go back to Green Isle as soon as we kill that fox. You could come with me if you wanted to, and meet my family."

OOC: OK, I think we'll start a new thread at Redwall now.

Views