Return to Friends (Cont. (Open))

(Anyone in redwall can join!!)

Brad led his giant friend to the Abbey grounds showing him how peaceful Redwall really is. "Here it is mate. Redwall Abbey." He said with a big smile, hoping to see his good pal Oliver, Tessa and Jessie, the abbot, and many others. _"Three whole years, its been far too long my friends.."_his thoughts went wild in his head.

Raglan had a big grin on his face."What a nice place.Bigger than I thought was Brad.I would think thered be a swarm of a creatures here.I wonder were they're at?"

"Yeah its amazing! Hm, I'm not sure, everyone must be all over the place?" He looked around leading Raglan. "Maybe someone will come out and join us?"

Marcus padded toward the abbey pond, the warm sun, the blue sky, the cold water up ahead all giving him a feeling that all was right in the world. All except for his father…
 But the young otter couldn't think of that now, he was here and now was not the time for him to be asking the good creatures of the Abbey if they had seen his father, he needed to savor the tranquility for a moment. Or a couple of days...
 Marcus had arrived at the Abbey a couple of days ago, just another stop in the search for his father. He meant to ask them about Alban right away, but they were such kind creatures and this was such a wonderful place, he decided to stay for a few days. They had good food anyway.
 His eyes were fixed on the water of the pond, the light bouncing off the surface of it, making the liquid look like a sea of diamonds in the moonlight, he was going to have such a nice swim in that wonderful water. But then the otter was distracted by the creatures who entered the gate. His eyes widened when he saw the fox, foxes made Marcus feel slightly uncomfortable, he never trusted anyone who was smarter then him, and foxes usually were. But Marcus didn't feel threatened, he always tried to be a friend to all, if the fox was here he probably didn't have more nefarious intentions.
 So he smiled approached the pair.

"Maybe someone will come out and join us?

The mouse looked nice enough, but there seemed to be something off about the fox, the otter couldn't put his paw on it…but there was just....something. But he put the thought out of his mind and put on a reassuring smile.
 "Hello there maties, how goes it?"

Raglan spotted the otter."Hello there!I'm Raglan Seager.It's so nice to meet you.So this Redwall eh?Wonderful place.Who are you fine otter sir?"

Any apprehension that Marcus had about the fox disappeared when he spoke, he didn't seem to be one of those nasty type foxes. The otter's smile was genuine as he replied.
"I'm Marcus St-"
He caught himself in midsentance before he could blurt out his full name. His face flushed red and he looked down. Can't be too cautious with strangers…
  He regained his composure somewhat.
  "I'm j-just Marcus, from the s-south"
  The otter blushed even more. Often when he would get flustered he would stutter, and it embarrassed him to no end. He could hardly look the fox in the eye when he spoke again.
  "Umm... I'm s-sorry, I d-don't know why I get l-l-like this"
  His throat bobbed as he gulped nervously. This was not a good first impression...

Raglan had a booming laugh."Hahahaha!Ah-hahaha!Oh,no worries!My first impression is that I scare everyone to death.I've met quite of few creatures like you.Nice to meet you Marcus."

Marcus frowned, he didn't like being called a coward. It wasn't his fault that he stuttered. If this fox knew half of the things that the otter had gone through, he probably wouldn't say something so ignorant….He could feel himself getting angrier inside, but he knew that letting strong emotions like anger show through his actions and expressions could really ruin his day. And possibly his life. So the young otter took a deep breath and smiled sweetly.
  "Yes, I'm sure you d-do. Where abouts a-are you f-from?"
  Marcus gulped again, he had to stop stuttering...

"I'm from the coast.I'm also sorry if I offended you Marcus.Ya got to learn to laugh at your self right?Were you come from?"

(Oop marcus, Brads a Warrior Mouse 🙂 My other character who is in the kitchens with most of the other guys is a squirrel, his name is Oliver.)

The burly mouse chimed in on the conversation, happy with tone. "Well Marcus is it friend? I'm Bradley Steelwall, champion of the Canyonlands! I come from up north. It's been three years since I've been to this abbey." The muscular mouse said smiling, dwarfed in size next to his tall friend Raglan.

(oops sorry  😛  I fixed it)

"I'm from the coast.I'm also sorry if I offended you Marcus.Ya got to learn to laugh at your self right?Were you come from?"

Marcus smile turned from sarcastic to a genuine one, he raised a webbed paw, stopping the fox from speaking more.
  "Naw, its fine, I shouldn't get mad when people say stuff to me, it's my fault that I stutter, I shouldn't take it hard, I'm sorry"
  He hoped that the fox didn't take it the wrong way, the otter did mean what he said.
  "I'm actually from southeast of here, quite far away…so far..."
Marcus's eyes stared at the ground as he thought of his distant home. For a moment he wanted to be back there, with his friends, not worrying about imminent death all the time... But he then told himself that he was here, he had a job to do, and wishful thinking would get him nowhere. The otter looked back up at the mouse's smiling face.

"Well Marcus is it friend? I'm Bradley Steelwall, champion of the Canyonlands! I come from up north. It's been three years since I've been to this abbey."

Marcus rubbed the back of his neck.
"Oh? I'm pretty new here as well. Just arrived a couple of days ago actually, they're good types though, I like it here"

"You'll love it here matey! This place is wonderful, some of the best food I've ever eaten, and speaking of which I can smell that they are cooking in the kitchens.." He looked over for a second and saw Oliver's good friend, an old blacksmith who worked especially for Oliver. "Hold on mates I'll be back in a jiff." He ran off to the old blacksmith.

Minutes went by, the warrior coming back in a tight fitting dark blue tunic that fit well against his muscular stature and sandals. The creamy complexion of his fur from mouth down his chest that went down his belly fur was visible and his dark brown fur from his face, arms, and back were more visible as well. "Lookin' like a true redwaller now, eh?" He smiled at the two. "I just dropped off my big sword and armor so he can tamper with it to fix any damages."

Raglan was pretty elated with making another friend."Southward eh?I like it south,so warm.And so if were all done with our howdies,lets go take a look around please?I'm a bit exited."

"Hold on mates I'll be back in a jiff."

Marcus smiled, this Brad fellow seemed quite nice, he was happy to meet yet another creature that was kind to him.

"Southward eh?I like it south,so warm.And so if were all done with our howdies,lets go take a look around please?I'm a bit exited."

The otter squinted and nodded slowly.
  "Yeah, Southward….right..."
  He wasn't really from Southward, but nobody around here knew the place where he grew up, Southward would have to do for now. Marcus couldn't help but look over his shoulder at the pond, water would have to wait, now was the time for the grand tour of the Abbey.
  Even though he had been there for a few days, the young otter still had not seen the grand building in its entirety, this should be fun.

"Lookin' like a true redwaller now, eh?" He smiled at the two. "I just dropped off my big sword and armor so he can tamper with it to fix any damages."

Marcus leaned back, balancing on his thick tail as he spoke.
  "Sooo, you gonna show us around or something? I still don't really know my way about this place"

"Yeah, I'll show you beasts all of this Abbey, its quite an old but nice place to explore. Maybe we'll meet some friends." He said gesturing a paw to them. "We'll go by the orchards first, how does that sound?"

Raglan nodded."Sounds great I could us a little snack to hold off the famine."He ran ahead in the general direction of Bradly.There he found a large apple in a tree taller than him."The one time I see something good I want it's out of reach."Raglan found a stick to knock it out of the tree."Come on!I want to you apple!Ugh!"He jumped to try and try to hit it.

Brad walked over to Raglan chuckling. "Seems a bit high, eh mate? Here let me climb on your shoulders and I'll grab it." He chuckled watching his fox friend struggle to get the apple.

He put his paw under his chin."Hmmm…I got it!"He lifted Brad up and placed him near thr apple."Can you get it?"

"Woah!" He felt weightless being lifted so effortlessly." He reached out tapping at the apple with his paw. "I think I got it!" The apple snapped off the tree, falling to the ground.

Raglan picked the apple up and took a bit out of it."Thanks Brad!"He started to walk off.When he was out of site from the orchard he came back."You thought I was gonna leave you up there didn't you!"He pulled Bradly down by the paw.

Views