Jerico had been searching far and wide over Mossflower.He needed a qute place but plenty of creatures to join his school of combat.He had found a medium sized villadge of woodlanders that didn't mind him too much being around them.The only reason they let him in is that he could train warriours for there protection.He was in his hut he made advertizing for potential students."Who wants to join Jerico's school of weapons and paw to paw combat?Any one?"

Kalina Wildheart heard about Jerico… somehow. There was a lot of talk going around so it was hard to say where she first heard about his school. Up until the point in which Kalina is introduced to Mossflower and the surrounding lands she had been feeling slightly lost and a bit of a loner. Sure, she could get along fine on her own, but she would prefer it if she didn't have to go hunting or fishing for dinner every night, and drink out of a hollow shell... She also felt she lacked some important combat skills. Bows, throwing daggers, and small paw-to-paw combat weapons like dirks were all good for her but what would she do if she had to fight without them?

Coming into the small woodland village where she had learned Jerico's Combat School was located, she stayed to the side of the path. Under a canopy of foliage was a prosperous little comunity with all sorts of beasts making their way about. Needless to say... there were no other foxes. Kalina let out an aggravated little sigh. Well, as long as she acted polite enough maybe the mice and squirrels wouldn't kick her out...

Reaching the area in which the heart of the woodland community was located, she looked around for the place that might possibly be Jerico's Combat School. She found a hut with a few signs of advertising outside of it. She politely and quietly walked inside.

In the hut was a ferret. He looked slightly younger than what Kalina was expecting. And she hadn't known what type of beast he was going to be. "pardon me sir?" she said quietly, "are you the one they call Jerico Natch? I'm Kalina Wildheart, a potential student. what type of training would you have to offer me?"

Jerico studied the young vixen for a moment.He put his hand on his chin and spoke."I am he,"He said."and I only offer the best combat training regiment this side of Mossflower!The question is,can you handle it runt!?"

"I am he,"[…]"and I only offer the best combat training regiment this side of Mossflower!The question is,can you handle it runt!?"

Kalina let out a little snarl. "What does it look like ferret?… I'm ready." Kalina didn't mind being challenged, but she certain took offense at being called a runt. "Anyway, Natch... when do these classes start? When will more students arrive? What shall I do until then? And, how do I pay you for this?" She ran her paw along her dagger hilt in anticipation.

"So you have some bite!?I like that!Don't worry about pay,my classes are free.Also classes start noon tomorrow and if some one wants to join they simply come in and say they want to.You can just stay here."He pointed to a hammock.Jerico sat back down in his chair.

With a loud crash, Mars kicked open the door to the hut and swaggered in. He took a swig from a bottle and scratched himself with his hook. Hiccuping slightly, he walked up to Jerico, "This the place where I can (BURP!!) learn t'fight better?" He wiggled a claw in his ear, examined his find, then flicked it onto the floor.

Jerico grabbed Mar's hook,twisted it,and placed his arm behind his back."It is.Training was suppose to start tomorrow,BUT,since your so eager to join,IT STARTS NOW!"He tossed the squirrel to the floor."You can start by fixing my door or I'll snap that other hand right off!" The door was off a hinge.He snapped a board of wood an inch in half with a single punch."You!"He pointed to Kalina."Start packing provisions.We'll be camping by a creek two miles from here."He grabbed a hammer and threw it next to Mars."You got  fifteen minuets.

(Mars = Squirrel, not mouse)
  Mars shook his head and blinked several times. He looked at his bottle, lying on the floor. He opened his mouth to complain, but then looked back at Jerico. Choosing life, he shut his jaw. Heaving himself to his paws, he took the hammer and walked over to the door. He hadn't thought he'd kicked quite so hard. Pulling back his arm, he buried his sharp hook into the door and positioned it in place. Taking the hammer, he fixed the hinge and removed his hook, "There. Right as…" He saw the gaping hole his hook had left, "Mayhaps I should just pay for a new door," He groaned.

"May haps you should."He looked back at Kalinea."You done yet?"

Needless to say Kalina was a bit shocked when the door was slammed open and a drunken pirate-squirrel came tottering in. His manners were absolutely mortifying, but, then again, he wasn't here for a tea-party…

"This the place where I can (BURP!!) learn t'fight better?"

Kalina rolled her eyes.

"It is.Training was suppose to start tomorrow,BUT,since your so eager to join,IT STARTS NOW![…]You can start by fixing my door or I'll snap that other hand right off![…]You![…]Start packing provisions.We'll be camping by a creek two miles from here.[…]You got  fifteen minuets."

Kalina nodded and looked around a bit, before realizing what stuff she was supposed to pack and where she should put it.

"There. Right as…[…]Mayhaps I should just pay for a new door,"

"Indeed…" Muttered Kalina stopping to look up at the huge whole.

"May haps you should.[…]You done yet?"

"Err…" She threw the last things in an old bag, "Yeah, now we're set."

"Good!Nubby,Runt follow me."They hiked for an hour to four before they got to the creek.It had a medium range speed and was cristal clear.There were a few fish and a camp site already made.The camp had a large well made tent a medium good tent and a small less-than-good tent."Right this is yours Runt,"He pointed Kalina to the medium tent."and this is yours Nubby."He pointed at the poor made tent."Right,first well start on striking speed."He waded in the creek,stood still for a moment,and with grate speed grabbed a fish."Once you do this,you've mastered the punch."

ooc:People can still join.

After several hours of hiking, Mars, who had been dubbed "Pack Mule," stumbled through a screen of foliage, and landed face first in the dirt. He weakly attempted to rise, but one hundred pounds of backpack pinned him down. He weakly raised a paw, with his face still in the dirt, "Avenge… me," He mumbled.

After unloading everything, Mars looked over to see Jerico wading into the river. He stood there, then his paw lurched forward and he was holding a wriggling silver fish, "Once you do this, you've mastered the punch."
  Looks easy enough, Mars thought, wading into the river slightly downstream. He stood still for a minute, then two… After ten minutes had passed, he finally realized he had been standing behind a fishing net that was catching dinner. Grumbling darkly to no one in particular, he got out of the river, and walked to the other side of the net.
  The fish on this side were noticeably more abundant. He waited for one to swim near him, then swung out with his hook. His wild movement made him lose his balance and he fell with a shout, vanishing underwater. For several seconds, the only indication of his whereabouts was a small patch of bubbles, then he rose from the water, shrieking. Fish were biting him all over, and one was latched onto his nose.
  "GAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! NO!! GET-IT-OFF-GET-IT-OFF-GET-IT-OFF!!! GET!!! IT!!! OFF!!!"
  Still covered in fish and flailing his arms wildly, he ran out of the water and ran in circles around the camp until he ran into a tree and blacked out.

Not a good first day.

"Good!Nubby,Runt follow me."

Kalina groaned, runt again? Just great…

"Right this is yours Runt,[…]and this is yours Nubby."

A lonnng sigh this time. Yay. She had a new nick-name. At least she had a nice tent. Jerico didn't seem to favor the squirrel very highly… I wonder why?

"Right,first well start on striking speed.[…]Once you do this,you've mastered the punch."

Kalina stared at the water… No way! "Umm... Jerico, one thing." Her tail swished back and forth nervously. She didn't want to have to tell anybeast about this. It was so embarrassing. "Jerico... I kinda..." her voice broke. "Ok... yeah, I'm afraid of water... kinda." She groaned, this was awful. At least Mars was probably doing better than her... She chanced a glance.

"GAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! NO!! GET-IT-OFF-GET-IT-OFF-GET-IT-OFF!!! GET!!! IT!!! OFF!!!"

Okayyy, well maybe not. …...... What on earth is Jerico gonna do with us? She thought as Mars passed out.

Jerico was bent over in pain as he laughed a Mars."Whats wrong Nubby?Scared of a few fish?I'm surprised you haven't died yet!"He turned to Kalina."Scared of the wet stuff eh Runt?Haha,no worries once I'm done with you two you'll"He pointed to Kalina."be more confident and will lose your fear and you"He poked Mars awake."will be more respectful,less rude,and in less pain."He went back to Kalina."Runt,get in the creek."

"Scared of the wet stuff eh Runt?Haha,no worries once I'm done with you two you'll"He pointed to Kalina."be more confident and will lose your fear and you"He poked Mars awake."will be more respectful,less rude,and in less pain."He went back to Kalina."Runt,get in the creek."

"What!? I mean… but, I can't swim! Honest. I really can't and I don't want to learn!" She gingerly inched a footpaw toward the creek. "Do I have to do this?" She growled quietly as she went in a centimeter at a time. She got in a little lower than her knees and started shivering. "Is this enough now Natch? Can I get out...?" She looked down cautiously at the dreaded water swirling around her legs.

Jerico shook his head."Nope.Get to your waist and try to catch a fish,then you can get out."He went over to Mars."We'll need to work on your balance."Jerico walked over to a pole about seven feet tall in the ground.He rolled a stump in front of it."Get on that and stand on that with one foot paw until I finish sharpening my skull splitters."Jerico walked into the creek,bumping Kalina in the process.He picked up a flat smooth stone,went to his stool and began sharpening.

Mars vision blurred then came into focus as Jerico finished speaking, "stand on that with one foot paw until I finish sharpening my skull splitters."
  Stand. That sounded easy enough. Mars tried to rise to his feet but fell over instantly. Er, maybe. He attempted to rise four more times and eventually regained his balance from when the tree jumped in front of him. He looked around for something to stand on and, ignoring the pole in the ground, decided to climb the tree that had assaulted him. He swung up to the top of it, twenty feet above the ground, and stood like a hood ornament. While using his tail to balance, he called down, "If that surprised you, just remember. Though I'm short as a mole," He did a backflip onto another branch, "I's is still a squirrel!"
  Seeing Kalina's hesitation, Mars looked around the top of the tree and chuckled diabolically. Snatching up a pine cone he aimed at Kalina's back and laughed again, then fired.

Jerico began to lose his patience with the squirrel.Catching the prickly projectile mid way with a dive.The expression on his face could startle a badger in blood wrath.With out lookin away from Mars he spoke to the fox."Kalina you may leave the creek.""Get….down....here."He growled as he crushed the pinecone in his paw."If you don't get down here in five seconds I'm going beat you so badly your own mother won't recognise you!"

Seeing Jerico's face, Mars nearly fell out of the tree, but he managed to scramble down the tree and dash over to the pole. He climbed up it and balanced on the top, glancing fearfully at Jerico, "Ho hum, do dee do. I've been up this pole the entire time. I've been nothing but the most respectful squirrel to ever… GAH!! Screw it! Don't kill me! I'll be good, the best. The very very best! No, wait! You! You're the best! You're the very very best! You're also kind and gentle... and totally nonviolent."

Jerico fought the urge to snap the squirrel's spine in half."You're darn right I'm the best and you are NOT to come down there until the moon is all the way out of the horizon.Lucky for you it will be soon."He began to walk off."Oh,and if you do that pine cone again shove it down your throat.Clear?"

Views