OOC- This is an open ended topic. I want to see where it will take us. Please keep the title in mind though.

IC- Bardly boldly strutted along the the game path that stretched before him. He had his fore paw out in the lead, holding to a curved stick and his other paw followed behind. On occasion, he would pull his left back, then loose the fingers that were attached to the pretend bowstring. As he imagined the arrow flying, he would make a whooshing sound as it might have twirled through the air.
  It was the young squirrel's play day. He got one on a week that he behaved, which was seldom. He had a very strong imagination, compared to others his age, and that is what worried his parents. He was quite shy around others, but as wild as a march hare at home. Quite often, he would whoop and shout as he ran along his mother's furniture, placing his muddied back paw prints everywhere they touched. That was when Mrs. Frithtail installed the play day rule.
  Bardly blew back the long hair that was starting to obscure his vision and looked up into the sky, reading the sun. It was late…. later then he was supposed to be out.
  Placing his imaginary bow in a quiver made out of cloth and retracing his steps back to where he had come. his home, a hollowed out beach tree, was about two miles on.
  As he was bending over to examine a mushroom that he had found, he heard a branch fall through the tree next to him. The snap had startled him badly and his heart began to race. Upon discovering the source, he gave a sigh of relief, then stopped. He noticed that the branch wasn't rotten.
  After the pine cone hit him, he didn't remember anything for a while.

Hon Florion paced the room nervously, it was getting extremely late and he had no idea what was taking Bardly so long, Skipper had been sent out to search for him, but the Hon was comforting Bardly's weeping mother.  "Boohoooo!  I..hic..should have never let him play out..side….boohoooo!" Hon Florion served her some rosehip tea but that didn't help at all.  The Hon was about to hop up and search for Bardly but he knew that he could not leave the babe's mother.  He was wondering where Bardly could be, but nothing came to mind, nothing....

OOC- Thanks Hon. Now we just need some other person to play the vermin/squirrels or what ever else it is.

IC- As some pine needles fell on his nose, it began to twitch irritatedly. A twig snapping brought him all the way back. His eyes snapped open and began soaking in the terrain. This wasn't Oakroot…
  He quickly sat up, but pain pounded into his head, pulsing like a heart beat. The squirrel clutched his head tightly, hoping to dull the pain in some way.

"Hey mates, he's up!"

OOC: Mind if i hop in, CQ?

BIC:  Simba Longmane was seated closest to the fire, eating some roasted apples, and a fish he had caught earlier.  He was a rather built wildcat, his long cream color blended in with the white of his underbelly, upto his long, lion-looking mane.  He was somewhat of a beautiful cat, but looks can be deceiving.  He was a respected horde beast in a crew of less then a score assorted vermin, and his sword of choice was a long curved cutlass for battle, and a sabre for dueling.

Simba had been the beast that had knocked Bardly out cold, for he knew that if his comrades had found him first, he'd have been slain.  He carried the young squirrel to the camp and chained him up, threatening any beast to harm him would be punishable by death.

He was no fool, he knew that this little squirrel possessed the knowledge of the new lands he was in, and whether the horde liked to admit it or not, they were lost.  Hearing one of the hordebeast call out that the squirrel was awake, he walked over to him

Crouching down close to the squirrel, he held out a few candied chestnuts and offered them to the young squirrel
  "Easy now young fellow, have some of these, they are tasty see?"  He said, eating one of the chestnuts.  "That was good, now you try some!  I bet you are scared and miss you're home yes?  We miss our home and maybe we can help you find your home AND my home!"  He said soothingly.

OOC- For sure a small band.

IC- At first, Bardly didn't know what to think. He was in chains! How could he trust a creature that had imprisoned him? For a while, he didn't speak, not sure what to say or what to do. Hungrily, he eyed the chestnuts. The other beast was right. He was frightened and he did want to get back home. But how was he supposed to do that? Tell him what he wants to know?
  Conflicting thoughts flew though the young squirrel's mind. He was barely more then a dibbun. What did they want with him? His curiosity eventually gave way and before he could stop himself, he had stuffed the sweets into his muzzle and chewed hastily, even though it made his crown hurt more. After he finished chewing, he looked up with eyes alight and asked sincerely, "What do yous need to know?"

Simba smiled with delight, he would be able to find the home of squirrels through this little squirrel.  He had expected some sort of resistance, but knew that hunger can make an animal talk, especially a young squirrel.  He answered the little squirrels question, unlocking the chains around his arms and legs
  "I can see you are going to be helpful, so let's take these chains off of you!  Well young one, telll me a little bit about your home.  How many people live there? Where in Oakroot is it located? If you answer these questions truthfully, I will bring you back home safely, you have my word. I can help you get back to you're home safely, if you'll help me!  Are you hungry? Would you like some vittles mate?." He said sweetly, turning to go into his personal tent

OOC- He isn't a dibbun. He is a little older than one but with the same type of imagination. And I thought that this was supposed to be out of Oakroot. How would he be able to help in a place that he doesn't know? If you can't fix it, then I will go back and change my past post. Just putting stuff out.

IC- Absently he rubbed his wrists where the chains had just been. As he looked into the wildcat's eyes, a small amount of trust flickered in his own. He didn't try to mask it. "You're right that I am far from home, but I don't know where. If I could help you, I would, but this is all new wood to me." He  motioned with his right paw to his surroundings. "You prob'ly know it better than I do."
  He paused for a moment. "How many live there? Why do you want to know?"

OOC: Whoops, so the vermin took him away to a far away place?  Whoops, i must have read that wrong, i'll change it right now and continue with my next post

OOC- Thanks man. I changed mine too so that you can continue.

Hon decided he should set out for Bardly.  "I'm ready to go!" He said to himself and started out to the woods.  Where in the world was Bardly?

OOC- Hey Hon, I know you are excited to jump into this thread and all, but I will need you to try to make your posts a little longer. It will keep the quality of the thread up on it's toes. Do you mind revising it?

Oh, and we will find you. Don't find us. Just have him find some tracks or something and start following them.

Simba cut an apple in two and gave a slice to Bardly, also pushing a mug of water towards him.  He liked this little squirrel, he was brave for venturing out far into the forest without anyone else with him. He answered his question after finishing his part of the apple and said
  "Well me bucko, I've got some other wildcats in my crew that are very hurt, and need assistance!  We've been searching for some sort of healer for a while now, but we haven't been able to find any.  Thats why I've asked you how many beasts live there, in hopes of the higher the number perhaps a healer will be amongst them!"  He said, smiling.

His long tail jerked violently for a moment, which only happened at points where he felt extremely guilty.  He had lied to and deceived the squirrel, but he did not wish harm upon the squirrels, unless of course they asked for it.

OOC- Things should move quick after this. Get ready.

IC- Bardly looked down at his half eaten apple. His tribe was a secret that only Hon Florion and Bumble Brandyback knew about. They were both interesting cases, but everyone knew they could be trusted.
  Then again, this wasn't a normal case. He had wounded creatures and he said they needed a healer quickly. He wasn't the calmest squirrel, but he was smart. Quickly he turned his jerky gaze back to the stranger. "If you can take me out of these woods, and back into Oakroot, I can get you a healer. She is really good. I studied under her for the past few years. Didn't learn much because my mind wanders, but I might be able to help out along the way if you like. We can start out and just have someone carry them by me.

OOC: really, can we please get along with meeting moi or SOMETHING!?  I want to be part of this adventure, too!  You said you were going to find moi!  Well….please find moi!

OOC- You can still have stuff happen. Get someone to join you or something and pass that chara off to someone else to play. That will get more activity.

OOC: I'll stick with my character thanks!

Views