Well I was bored so I decided to post this up.  ^-^

How did you discover the Redwall series? I was at my school library and saw Rakkety Tam.I knew nothing about Redwall,but I saw a book with a squirrel wearing a kilt holding a sword on the cover so I thought,what the hay!My reading level wasn't as good as it is now then and I was a good bit younger, so I didn't understand anything until the 4th chapter.
When I finished…still didn't understand much of what I just read;but I loved it!I realized there's a series, and I saw another student pick up Mariel of Redwall so I tried that.
Didn't get past the 2nd chapter.
I kept thinking about that series for about another...two years.Then at the beginning of school last August I realized I'd been reading much more since then,my vocabulary had improved,and my conscience had been bugging me about it for two years.So I tried Mariel again.

It's been 10 months later and I'm halfway through rereading the entire series twice!

Lol… Redwall is addictive.

My siblings introduced me to it. I don't know where they got it from.  It's been... oh... 10? years, 2 RPG forums later... And I think I've read almost all of the books 3 times, some of them 4 or 5. I haven't read any in a while though.

I used to get in trouble as a kid. Mostly I blamed my overharsh teachers. I went to "preppy" elementary  school. I hated it. I got in trouble at the library, and had to sit against the wall, and I reached over, and Triss caught my eye. I thought it was pretty cool. After I read Redwall, my performance in school caught up, my behavior, and everything. And it was right after I got out of that freakin' school.

Dang… That was some fifteen years ago for me when I recall first seeing Redwall. I don't recall what, exactly, drew me into reading it.

@Raav:

I used to get in trouble as a kid. Mostly I blamed my overharsh teachers. I went to "preppy" elementary  school. I hated it. I got in trouble at the library, and had to sit against the wall, and I reached over, and Triss caught my eye. I thought it was pretty cool. After I read Redwall, my performance in school caught up, my behavior, and everything. And it was right after I got out of that freakin' school.

It's amazing what a book can do to you.

I just pulled it randomly off the shelf….I love to read books.

What I do is I go to the library and I go to the Teen section and I pull a random book off and read the first chapter. If I like it then I read it, if I don't then I put it back.

That is how I found Redwall. Redwall was the first book I read out of the series then I started to read them in order.

I was about 12, just meandering about the middle school library, happened upon Martin the Warrior. I'd heard OF Redwall before, but knew little.  I wanted to read them in order, but at 12 and in an age without the internet I didn't know how to figure it out, so I just figured Martin was first since all the others on the shelf referred to the character. Whoops.

Haha, now that I think about it. I first read "Redwall" because my friend was reading it in class, and said he hated it. I guess that worked as reverse psychology to me, so I picked up the book and couldn't stop reading it.

Oh my goodness!Someone who read Redwall and didn't like it?!
Oh and welcome to Redwall Munsani.

You have to admit that, far as the series goes, the first one is really not the best. It's a little too unpolished. Good thing I'd already read Martin the Warrior or I'm not sure I'd have kept on a-going through the rest of the series.

Truth be told, Redwall is the worst of the aeries, just because Brian Jacques hadn't quite set everything up yet.

Tragic but true. Still, it's worth having around just because it's the first one.

What really stuck out to me was that it was almost like he wrote it in "the real world". What with the horses and whatnot. As though if you meandered around England enough you'd run into a miniature abbey with sentient mice running it. It took another book before he figured out how to put Redwall in its own universe.

My parents bought me the first book, and ordered me to read it. Well, I did, and BOOM! Here I am. 😄

If my parents ever forced me to read a book it would probably be the Harry Potter series.Yeah,I haven't tried it yet,but I'm considering it.I went through Redwall way to quickly and I need to find other books to keep me entertained.But I'm sure I'm going to force my kids to read Redwall. ^-^

@SledDogin:

well i was 11 and my library had a book sale and my brother bought rakkety tam and i was out of books (i can read a 200 page book  2 days an average) and he told me to read it i said NO WAY thats dumb well i finally read it and now im in love with it!

I beat that!
I read "Breaking Dawn" It 5 hours… Hate it. Put it down several times....Laughing my head off. 😄

But Redwall was not that good, my favorite it still "Loamhedge"

I saw a copy of Redwall many years ago in a bunch of my older borhter's book that were being put into our attic. I thought it had a cool-looking cover, so I started reading it. Now I've read every single one except part of Triss, part of Eulalia!, and Doomwyte.

I have five Redwall books in my shelf, but I don't read them. I prefer to write Redwall stories.

Here's the thing about stories: I love writing them, but I hate reading them.

But if you have five of the books, why did you buy them….?

I got them for Christmas (along with the other 58 presents I recieved).

I read them for a while and I enjoyed them, but after a while, my reading started to run into problems.

My black-and-white thinking tendencies worsened, so I couldn't quite get the message Brain Jacques was giving.

It's like saying "You're gonna be at death's door soon," and me saying "Huh? I don't know where he lives…could be thousands of miles away"

Matching names with people has always been the hardest part of stories for me. It seems to have worsened since 10th grade.

Okey…. 58 presents?! How many relatives have you got, dude?

Views