I hope its just me

• ummm, I think the spammer just killed the chat box o.O  of course, that could just be my comp. or a glitch, is anyone else's chatbox working?

• Don't worry, he can't kill the chatbox, unless he hacks the site. But trust me, he's too lazy. All he does it site at a computer, and press a button, and a program does all the work for him.

I'm pretty sure someone turned the chatbox off to stop spammers from posting in it.

• yeahhh, I don't have it either…......

• ah, ok Raav, that explanation's good enough for me : )

• bummer… guests aren't supposed to be allowed to post in it anymore but for some reason the spam bots are still getting through.

Hehe... we could just start and thread called "Random conversation" that functions like a shout box. I heard about a thread from someone once called "Last person to post in this wins" that had been going for forever....

• Ravv's guess is correct!
    I turned it off the other day (as was noted in the news flashes that rotate through the top of the forum…) due to spammers. We've had a couple of bots come on and post in there. Some are registered as members, others were guests. Currently the guests have permissions to use it and I couldn't figure out how to exclude them.
    To many functions and options for functions in the admin area, hiding everywhere... 😛 But I have found out how to change ya'lls passwords if you annoy me, so be nice! lol
    I'm parlaying with Seth this weekend to get the problem(s) all fixed. We'll have it back online ASAP.

• @Fate:

Ravv's guess is correct!
    I turned it off the other day (as was noted in the news flashes that rotate through the top of the forum…) due to spammers. We've had a couple of bots come on and post in there. Some are registered as members, others were guests. Currently the guests have permissions to use it and I couldn't figure out how to exclude them.
    To many functions and options for functions in the admin area, hiding everywhere... 😛 But I have found out how to change ya'lls passwords if you annoy me, so be nice! lol
    I'm parlaying with Seth this weekend to get the problem(s) all fixed. We'll have it back online ASAP.

It's that MagicOPromotion guy. He's using Xrumer, an "Advertising" program. You can also get him arrested if you catch him. Advertising pirated software.

• Thanks for catching that. It was showing up under multiple names, so I wasn't sure. For some reason, the site is not letting me delete users, so I think I'll just go change his password… Mwahahahaha 😄

• @Fate:

Thanks for catching that. It was showing up under multiple names, so I wasn't sure. For some reason, the site is not letting me delete users, so I think I'll just go change his password… Mwahahahaha 😄

Get me his email while your at it, if you can. I know some people.

• Please be sure any action you choose to take is legal, Raav. We don't want to promote harassment.
    His e-mail is included in his profile. So is a site link. Based on a couple of the spams we saw in the shoutbox, though, I'd be wary of following any links this bot has posted… 😛

• @Fate:

Please be sure any action you choose to take is legal, Raav. We don't want to promote harassment.
    His e-mail is included in his profile. So is a site link. Based on a couple of the spams we saw in the shoutbox, though, I'd be wary of following any links this bot has posted… 😛

Bah, it' still hidden.

Also all the links are most likely virus infested or malware.

• That's what I figured about the site link. I'll PM you his contact info.

Recent Topics

Users

Topics