Heard that Imagen is making a REAL Redwall movie, with animation fans will be thrilled about… It's slated for release in 2011. This is supposed to be the official website:

http://www.redwallthemovie.com/

I can't see this website but sometimes my internet gets finicky. Can anyone else see it?

yeah, I was disappointed when I saw the announcement also. But I heard that a different company might make the movie instead.

If they make a new Redwall movie, that should bring back the popularity. Redwall will be huge then. Everyone will be a fan. At least, people will get back into it, and we'll probably see a lot of new members for places like this.

I'll admit that I'm worried the same thing will happen to it that happened to the game Inherit the Earth: people will see the anthropomorphic animals and make it into too much a kid's thing.

Is there a Redwall movie out? If there is what is it called? It sounds interesting, Ihope they do a good job.

Presumably it would have been called Redwall, yes it looks like they axed it for the time being.

@Sparhawk:

Is there a Redwall movie out? If there is what is it called? It sounds interesting, I hope they do a good job.

Yeah, I guess you can say there is. There are a couple really crappy ones at our library, the animation, script, and story  line is horrendous it doesn't even stick to the book. Oh man I hated watching that movie…especially because my Dad got it because he knew I liked the books and he wanted to see what it was like. Well, he picked the worst example.

Ugh, the cartoon animations are aweful!
If they make a Redwall Movie, they need to make it pretty darn good and stick to the storyline. I read Twilight before I watched the movie and OMG the movie was not sticking to the book very much at all. I guess I liked it, though, for just a movie, but for a movie following a book it was horrendous.
I don't like the fact that Redwall is looked upon as a children's book. I couldn't even get through the first paragraph when I was eight, I thought it was boring. A few years later, when I was fourteen, I picked it up and gave it a try again. I loved it! I've read all of BJ's books he ever wrote so far, I can't wait until the next Redwall book comes out so I can add it to my collection.

If they're going to make a movie they better have life-like animations…like the newer Chronicles of Narnia movies. Aslan looks real, as do the other animals. except for some waxy looking centaurs. 🙂

Am I the only one who thought the cartoon was decent? xD Well, MTW was good at least. 🙂

@Fell:

Am I the only one who thought the cartoon was decent? xD Well, MTW was good at least. 🙂

I thought it was alright, but it was cheap. You could often catch characters being repeated.

@Raav:

@Fell:

I thought it was alright, but it was cheap. You could often catch characters being repeated.

yeah well, it was a children show, so really, they're not supposed to notice. 😉

I thought the show was OKish, but too many changes. I always liked the books better then the movies or shows.With books everyone sees something different in their head.
Twilight the movie was HORRIBLE;the book was great.
I hope someone will do a Redwall the Movie,though. I think a  live-action would be nice.

Live Action Redwall?

So, like, a Furry Convention?

I was wondering the same thing, Tycho, though PAFCon was terrible compared to the real thing…

About the movie…As many of us hope, that they won't ruin it. I was a transformers fan before the movie came out...the movie had things against my conscience, so I'm not a transformers fan any more. So I hope that I won't have to back off from Redwall...that would make me....MAD!!!!!!

if they make a redwall movie i'll be sure to see it! best of luck to them if they do make it

I just want to know;Since the first information about a Redwall movie coming out was just a well thought out rumor(I mean,did anyone else see the movie poster that was made?),is there another company making one?
I heard something about a company that held the rights for a Redwall film.

I saw the poster back in 2008-09, and I hope they do make an awesome Redwall movie.

Views