Kaello McScutta : Thane Fleetfoot (Salamandastron hare)

Thane is an average sized Salamandastron hare with dusky tannish- light brown fur with patches of dark brown fur on his chest, footpads, his snout, and on the undersides of his arms. He has rather long ears (a bit longer than most), and long whiskers also.  His face is heavily creased, which means that when he wrinkles his nose, or smiles, or frowns, it gives the look of an aged hare with many, many wrinkles. His arms are muscular and tone, and his legs are strong and will allow him to reach awesome running speeds.
He has the sort of personality that you would expect from a high-ranking hare, one that seems a bit snobby, but is really just intolerant of ignorance in other beasts. He absolutely despises it when others are unknowledgeable, and he will tell them so. He will try to make everyone who doesn't know much to either learn much, or feel dreadful that they don't know much. Although he has this sort of attitude, he doesn't think this way towards Dibbuns or other young beasts, unless he thinks they are of age to learn such things. He is friendly toward most creatures, but absolutely hateful of vermin. He wields a longsword and  a razor-tipped oaken spear.
His main strength is his fighting abilities and his abilities of leadership, and his main weaknesses come with haremaids… and water. He very much dislikes water.
He is also not as gluttonous as most hares, and this comes as a relief to cooks and chefs from all throughout Mossflower and Salamandastron.
He is an adventurous hare who dislikes staying in one particular spot- he likes to venture around.
(By the way- can he lead a small group of patrolling hares all throughout the Redwall world? I need him to do this for an rp- 'Into the camps of Ozar'. He doesn't need a title- he just needs to lead a small group. Although a title would due him nicely.)

Also- he is very agile for a hare. Not as quick as a squirrel, but quicker than other hares. Agile, also. For climbing trees, ya know?

@Kaello:

(By the way- can he lead a small group of patrolling hares all throughout the Redwall world? I need him to do this for an rp- 'Into the camps of Ozar'. He doesn't need a title- he just needs to lead a small group. Although a title would due him nicely.)

When I create "good" characters, having a company of friends is like having a family. For vermin Characters, A company of friends is….a..company of friends? or underlings. But anyway, if it helps enrich roleplay, I'm sure people'd oblige. My characters have groups of extra characters. Raav has his two sons and his wife. Jagh has his army and his second.

Yeah- so, I forgot something.

His history is… he was born to a Salamandastron hare, and he grew up as a Salamandastron hare. After his first war he decided full-out wars weren't his style, so when he came of age he took a group of four other hares and went off adventuring, as a sort of 'patrol' throughout the lands.
His four friends are:

Bulinsh Flippo (an overall friendly hare with medium shade brown fur with white patches on his chest, pawpads, and underarms. He wields a pike)
Likkle Tommi (a rather small, but quick, but also unconfident hare with almost white fur with brown patches on his chest, pawpads, and underarms. He wields a sling and a dagger)
Jaws Lorilili (a big, strong hare, slower than most, with dark brown fur with lighter brown patches on his chest, pawpads, and underarms. He has a huge scar across his face, from his forehead to his chin. He wields a stave with a heavy oaken lump on the end that acts as a mace)
Miss Alissy Clawchop (a smaller female hare who is very optimistic, very quick on her feet, with a bit darker than white fur with light brown patches. She wields a bow and quiver, and a small dagger for close-up fighting)

They're all Salamandastron hares. Is it alright if they accompany Thane Fleetfoot?

My biggest concern is that we have a (middle-aged?) hare that is nimble, strong, and intelligent.  It seems like he's a bit too much of everything.  To top it off, he has good leadership qualities?  It sounds like a bit too much for the downsides.

The backstory seems to leave quite a bit open for play, and is a good start. You could probably flesh it out a bit more, but that's not pivotal.  You companions for the character also seem to be fairly balanced, and they shouldn't need too much story. Just guard against inconsistent play regarding them.

Yeah, sorry 'bout that.
He's middle-aged.
He's… er... let's say he has a bad temper- is that bad enough? And sometimes he needs his comrades to teach him things because he can get headstrong and stubborn.

Character flaws are kind of like garlic lemon pepper (or some other, similar spice); just the right amount can really add to a dish, but using it improperly can ruin a dish.  Don't just haphazardly throw them in.

Honestly, I'd consider toning down his physical abilities a tad to be more in line with his age.

Views