ooc- Hey, I had a neat idea for how to make a thread finish itself. In fact, Members leaving might not even effect this system. We'll try it for just this one thread and see how it works. Feel Free to join in unless the thread has already stopped taking posters. You'll see what I mean in a minute.
    Here's how it works; someone posts a story idea and we all agree (or disagree) on how the story should be altered or progressed. When we come to a consensus of how the story will go (Start to Finish) we make character assignments and post our first posts. As it goes a long, other people can ask to join in and we assign them to do something that stays within the criteria for the story. After that, we'll know that we will have something to edit and post and a fan-fic. Also, no one will be attached to any one character and try to climb on top of the crowd and, in turn, drown the story. We can have realistic characters, a good story and cooperation.
    So, now we need a story idea. Does anyone have suggestions. (After we have an idea and a title, I will change the topic name)
    One rule though: No suggesting threads or characters already in use (Or used) and no suggesting characters from previously written Redwall books.

Hallooooooo! I'm sure you all have lots of great ideas. just toss something simple out to us. Even a three-sentence suggestion would work.

maybe a quest to set up  a small village, like in Luke the Warrior?

Do you mean "Martin the Warrior" or "Legend of Luke"? LOL

i think both, since both books mention the village in the northlands, but i could be wrong. Oh, sorry, i meant, Martin the Warrior…. 😄

Maybe we could just start with a villain. For a story, you generally need a villain, LOL. What we need is something unique. We can't really just say "A big rat with a big sword who lost his parents and kills other beasts because he thinks all beasts should be dead." No, sorry, doesn't cut it. Let's make this villain as different as we can get from any typical Redwall villain. And in the meantime, he needs a real motive. A unique motive that is realistic and makes you think. Not something like "He wants to rule Mosflower." What if he had a motive similar to what a good guy would have? Most bad people have the wants and desires as normal people, they just get at those motive the wrong way.
    And come one, we have lots of people here who can make suggestions. Just jump in! 😉

OK, I hate to double-post, but I'll just submit an idea right quick I guess. I was going to write it as a fan-fic, but I have too many any way.

There's a slave ship called the Blood Banner, run by a ferret named Krulax (Can be changed) and Cruva (A fox, second mate). It's an enormous ship two stories of oar ports, each having two slaves behind it. Krulax was a ferret who lived in a horde for a good deal of his life. But then, he started having dreams of a black-robed vermin stabbing him through the heart. Afraid for his life, he asks a ship captain when they would sail. They get in an argument and Krulax kills the captain, becoming the new Captain of the ship.
    During a voyage with the other horde-owned ships, he has the dream again, but this time he notices a compass on the vermin's neck. Krulax decides to go the way the compass pointed and abandonds the other ships in desperation, wanting nothing more than for the dreams to stop, terrified as he was of them. The dreams abated for a while, but each time they came back, he would go they way the compass pointed. This is all just phsycological coincidence, but it's the way it all works out. His motive, therefore, is simply to get as far away from this dream as he can as fast as he can. And that is why he needs lots of oarslaves. He plunders to keep the crew happy, but they don't know about his dreams.
    There is an otter named Gabriel who was recently taken captive and believes wholeheartedly that she had been a slave her whole life. However, the truth is driven home most forcibly when an oarslave dies and is tossed off the ship rather uncerimoniously. It happens often, but this time, as she's watching the body tossed into the sea, she sees a group of sea-otters out fishing. That's when she starts to think about what it would be like outside the belly of the ship.
    So she plots with her oar-mate, a squirrel (I forget his name) and they decide how to escape. In the meantime, Gabriel discovers Cruva's true reason for being second-mate. It isn't so that he can order people arlound. It's because he's been waiting for someone who he thinks can escape so he can help them. He and Gabriel start to plot, but they are the only two who know about Cruva's allegiance. However, they are caught and Gabriel is killed. Cruva remains undercover, but is the one who is ordered to execute Gabriel. Knowing the rest of the slaves depended on him, he kills her, Gabriel's friends watching. At this point he has a lot of enemies, because Gabriel was well loved.
    After her death, the squirrel stops wanting to leave the ship, depressed as he is. Then his new oar mate shows up: a small female otter. He doesn't want to talk with her, but as time goes by, he decideds he wants to go ahead with the escape and so plots with his fellows.
    I don't know for sure what was going to happen in the middle of the book, but the rest basically goes like this:
    They reach an island called Emmeron (I have a map), a small place mostly taken up by a single mountain riddled with caves, a lake and two hills between which runs one stream coming from out of the mountain. It is uninhabited, so when the ship reaches there, somehow the slaves are alone and Cruva has run off. And from there it is a fight between the slaves and the Vermin, who are staying within the caves.
    How I wanted it to end was that I wanted Cruva to have a successful raid against the Slaves in which loved characters die and their settlement is burned and the slaves get really, really unpset. So they attack the caves and kill all but Krulax and a few others. Krulax and the others keep moving backward to keep from getting killed, all the while picking off the pursuers. Then he gets separated from his group and Krulax kills what remain of the slave groups attacking him.
    Then, feeling rather pompous, he starts to leave the caves so as the go find what remains of his group. But, as he rounds the corner, Cruuva is standing there, wrapped in a black cloak with a compass around his neck. Before Krulax can even respond to his presence, Cruva kills him. Then, another slaves group comes down the corridor, finds Cruva and kills him.
    The remaining slaves build a city, live happily and the island's otter Holt is named after Gabriel, who is considered the mother of their freedom. From then on, Emmeron would house only free goodbeasts and a few strangling vermin in the caves. The residents make a life out of attacking slave ships and freeing the slaves.
    That's the idea of the story. I know some of it's sorta cheesy, but for the most part it's pretty cool and it's not totally stereotype. And another thing is that Redwall and Mossflower are never mentioned and if Martin isn't either, well, then if It's turns out good enough and we decide to use it for our publication then we won't run into any copywrite stuff and won't even have to ask his permission. Pretty neat, huh?

Nice idea- er- could I join? Or must I be more experienced? ANd I guess there's no hares in the story, so it wouldn't work, would it- or could it?

Hey, I finally got around to reading your idea, and I like it… it sounds neat. When do you want to start?

I dunno. I was originally hoping for this to be the story arc, but Mange came up first. Maybe this could be it's own little side story? Away from everything else? Something else great about this is that since Mossflower and Redwall Abbey are not mentioned anyway it could potentially be it's own book without BJ being able to argue about it.
    (I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I had no idea anyone had responded)

Hmm… I guess the question is whether or not we want to divide our forces. It's definitely a good story, but we already have a lot going on right now in the story arc. Maybe we can initiate this story arc--as a separate story arc--when we are halfway through the current story arc so that new members have something to do?

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. 🙂
Anybody object?

Hey, I thought I might want to join this. How much of the story will actually be predetermined? Are we just going to set up a plot and what we have to accomplish, or do we actually have to do things a certain way? I'm a bit confused.

@Sethorion:

Maybe we could just start with a villain. For a story, you generally need a villain, LOL. What we need is something unique. We can't really just say "A big rat with a big sword who lost his parents and kills other beasts because he thinks all beasts should be dead." No, sorry, doesn't cut it. Let's make this villain as different as we can get from any typical Redwall villain. And in the meantime, he needs a real motive. A unique motive that is realistic and makes you think. Not something like "He wants to rule Mosflower." What if he had a motive similar to what a good guy would have? Most bad people have the wants and desires as normal people, they just get at those motive the wrong way.
    And come one, we have lots of people here who can make suggestions. Just jump in! 😉

Lets see, he was taken in at birth by bad rats or something and this villan is a mouse. Growing up with them, he learn the talk, trade, and skills. But then on an assinment, his good side comes in and he doesn't want to harm the victim, but the leader who taught him everything, threatens him with death or something.

Good so far?
I love to brainstorm.

Like it so far? OR

Same as above but he is exiled from his little clan and then becomes bad but then takes pity….

Oh, goodness! Not another Taggerung! I still haven't washed the foul taste of the first protag from my memory.

sniffs I never read Taggerung….just an idea. huffs Please don't tell me that was the plot...I sounded so good.....

I'll think up of something different.

grabs paper and starts brainstorming

GOT ONE!

So lets say, he grew up in Redwall, but then he found the record of "The battle of Redwall" with Cluney(Sp?) the Scourge and the battle with Matthias . . And the so-to-be-villan thinks its amazing to be  C. the Scourge...then he is out to be like him...

wait..why am I coming up with the ideas? 😄

I loved Taggerung! I read half of it in 45 minutes!!!

lol, anyway, maybe that would work. It sounds like it could be interesting, but we'd have to add in other facts to make him a more believable villain. Another possibility is to have an actual vermin grow up in Redwall and then have him go bad. Kind of like in "Outcast," but you have the character get a chance to grow into a real threat. Maybe he looks up to Cluny the Scourge because he read something cool about him or maybe saw a frightening drawing of him and was awed. (Lame, forgive me). Later, he could use some mechanical or tactical affinity against Redwall. Redwallers get educations and therefore a villainous Redwaller could be frightening. Do you remember Timballisto from "Mossflower?" Imagine him going bad.

Views