Were did you get you username?

were and why I got mine because I liked Gingivere in Mossflower and the opposite of his sister Green eyes is Blue eyes and, blue is my favorite colour.

Mine?  I found a Latin word for sword or something like that…I think. It's been such a long time.

hmm interesting I'll look that up!

You do that.  But I have to go to eat my thanksgiving dinner.  Don't know how long that'll take me but I will be back latter.  TTFN

haha… I saw it two years ago on the package of a gluten-free dessert package thingy. Maybe a cake mix, I dunno.

This is what the food people's website says about it:

@Namastefoods.com:

The word "Namaste" (pronounced "Naa-Maa-Stay") is an ancient Sanskrit word with no literal translation. After many hours reviewing all the different translations, we decided we like this one the best.

"The Spirit within me honors and respects the Spirit within you."

The word "Spirit" in this context has no particular religious connotation. You could substitute the word "Heart" or "Soul" if you like. The essence of the phrase is simply that the best part of me wishes you well.

That's interesting.  I thought it was made up, or you had found it in one of the books.  It sounded very familiar to myself.  Guess not though.

Sometimes I feel guilty having an evil chara underthis handle, because the name means something really 'good'.  Vermin in goodbeasts' clothing, eh?

Wait,  what kind of creature is your chara?

I actually don't have a chara named "Namaste". Not yet anyway.

Mine got it from two twin puppys called Tessa and Jessie.

I just made up my one. I intended my character Jetfang to be this fox with large fangs (like a vampire kind of character) but I liked otters too so yeah. 🙂

I didn't even know what your chara was….. Have you introduced him yet? Cause I prefer the vermin over the otter.

Eh?! You don't know Jetfang? Well, I haven't used him much recently anyway, so …
I think I might just create this new vermin character though xD it does sound more interesting right now. Stumped on what I should name him (or her) though.

Sounds like a him. I know! I have this thread up right now called, From the Dunes, that could be a good starting spot. I was wanting like some lizards mixed with my traitor hare and vermin.

I was invited to check out the site and help out here. But I couldn't commit a lot of time when I did it, so I wanted to ensure I could make posts I didn't have to follow up on. When I came on, the site was in a state of decay and many wonderful threads were dying from people disappearing or not posting reliably. So I says to myself, "Self, what if I make posts that do not have any character within them? Posts which are simply descriptive of random events. Perhaps this could revive some of these wonderful posts. And we won't have to follow up on them. Self, this sounds like a wonderful idea!"
The name seemed most appropriate to the task. 🙂

Namaste, every time I see your name, it takes me back to the days when I had time to do yoga. Every day, we greeted our instructor and bade farewell with the Namaste pose. I must find time to do some yoga again…

So, you want to know about whence comes my name?  Well, I can tell you easily enough: it's my old clan handle from back when I was really big into Counter-Strike.

All of my character names are either nicknames for that character, or build names that actually fit the setting and a real-world region I've based that character on (with few exceptions).

Counter-strike??

Fun story there.  This guy I know brought that into my web design class and loaded it onto all our computers.  Our teacher was a bit of an eejit, no, a really big eejit and we would play it all period.

My name was Tango Foxtrot.

Counterstrike?!

Oh, that isn't what I was thinking of, but while we are on the subject, does anyone on here know of an old card came called Battletech? They made it into a video game series for the PS called Mechwarrior Mercenary. But the card version involved a lot of strategy, and money. The cards are DANG expensive right now, cause they are out of print and have been for like 7 years.

"Seth" is my username because I couldn't think of anything else. I've been writing a book and my dragon character is named Seth ((He's cool in his own sorta way)). The full title is "Sethorion" (Seth-or-eon), his father's name. Some of you may on noticed that's how I sign my personal PMs. It's also my nick on other Redwall sites if someone has already taken "Seth."

Views