Similar in concept to the Anime Discussion Thread but -obviously- about cartoons.

What toons are you into these days? I'm currently following "The Loud House", "Star vs the Forces of Evil" and "We Bare Bears". I was also watching "Harvey Beaks" at some point but left it after the second season (and now feels a bit late to re-join).

What about you, mate?

I started watching that new Sonic the Hedgehog show, "Sonic Boom", introduced to a very special close friend of mine from church over a year ago. This dear friend of mine is one of the biggest Sonic the Hedgehog fans I know, and yes, it's a girl. DON'T GET THE WRONG IDEA - WE'RE NOT DATING. I've been following Sonic Boom ever since and trying to keep up with all the new episodes.

Not much else other than that.

I'm really into the new "Samurai Jack" and "Voltron: Legendary Defender", and also watch "Adventure Time" and "Steven Universe". I also loved "Over the Garden Wall", "Gravity Falls", and "Avatar: The Legend of Korra" (and also the original series obviously) back when they aired. I'm a little behind on "Star Vs. the Forces of Evil", but I also like it. I've also heard good things about "The Amazing World of Gumball", but haven't had time to watch many episodes.

@Tinarandel: How's "Sonic Boom" looking to you? I have been wanting to give it a watch for quite some time now.

It's not a perfect show, but it's got great writing and unexpected things! I've always loved the Sonic games as well. I can't describe everything on my own. However, I would recommend watching it. Make sure you start with Season 1. There is also an ongoing 2nd season, too. New episodes air at least every Saturday.

"Samurai Jack" is my jam, especially with the new season finally out. Waited such a LONG time for it.

I'm currently watching "Voltron: Legendary Defender" and I love it so much!

@doggo: Who's one of your favorite characters? Mines Hunk, because he is just a wonderful, perfect boy.

@Unknownsoldier: The new season coming out is what motivated me to start watching the original seasons, and I absolutely loved it! I'm glad that the new season still captures the essence of the original without trying too hard to be dark and edgy. It's definitely darker, but it feels like something they would have done on the original show if it hadn't been airing on a kid's channel.

@Fenrath: My favorite is Pidge, and Hunk is probably my second fave.

@Tinarandel: Alright, that sounds interesting. Will give it a go sometime!

Do any of you guys have any other strong recommendation to make? The shows I'm currently into won't be putting out episodes very soon.

When it comes to toons, I grew up with the older stuff from Hanna-Barbera and that's what I like watching.  So…Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Laff-a-Lympics, Dynomutt Dog Wonder, Flinstones.  Yeah I know they're repetitive and you can't do much about the obviously fake laugh track, but they're just fun when you need to kick back after a long day.  Other stuff in my collection is some of the 1980s/1990s Disney Afternoon stuff and Pinky and the Brain.

A lot of the shows brought up in this thread I haven't seen. I've seen a couple Pokemon movies but the rest...just not familiar with it.

Views