The Island of Caribe, a lovely tropical Island filled with good food, hotels with beaches and always something going on. A ferret ran through the streets carrying something. "Oh Finn is going to have flip when he sees this." The ferret said to himself as he ran dodging the locals as they was preparing for the towns local Carnival festival which is no easy feat to run through these crowded streets especially when you can only see out of one eye. The ferret soon came to the familiar sight of his personal plane at a dock near a small bar. After looking around He managed to find his dear friend and partner near the bar as he called out to him. "Finn I went to the estate and I got good news and bad news." The estate he was referencing was non other then the DeSota Estate once owned by legendary pirate and explorer, Ezikeil DeSota. Legend says that somewhere Ezikeil and his fleet captains had hid away their treasure in the very Vault where they say the Tears of the sea have been hidden as one of the most mysterious and valuable treasures known in history as simply the Phoenix Treasure named after DeSota's Fleet which now inspires treasure seekers everywhere to search for the legend ever since Ezikeil's passing. And this ferret was one of them. "Come on Finn you have to hear this man oh and buy me a margarita will ya?" He said as he sat down at one of the tables and waited for Finn

Always something going on it seems on the Island of Caribe, something the black rat felt awkward being around for one thing. Waiting for his best friend and partner Carmen at a small bar near where said friends personal plane was. Finishing a glass of something light he could find, he heard running footsteps behind him, "Finn I went to the estate and I got good news and bad news." He heard the ferret say as he headed to one of the tables.

"Come on Finn you have to hear this man oh and buy me a margarita will ya?"

Finn sighed lightly to himself, time to hear what news has been brought. Getting up from his seat at the bar, he walked over to Carmen and passed by a waitress that almost bumped into him. Exchanging quick apologies as they passed, Finn sat the table with the ferret and slid the margarita to the ferret. "Good news or bad news first?"

"Good news or bad news first?"

The jeeps proceeded slowly, pushing their way through foot traffic on the narrow streets of the city. There were two of them, each filled with four or five passengers.  Most of the passengers were lizards of various species with the occasional mamal thrown in for good measure. After all, Vrasku was a cold hearted mercenary leader, not a racist. He kept glancing over his shoulder at them for entirely different reasons.

No one who is willing to hire mercenaries can be called a reasonable employer. Mr. Niles was perhaps one of the more un reasonable beasts he had the displeasure of working for. His deadlines were demanding and it forced the monitor lizard to scrounge up some new faces for a job that requires a bit more fineness than he believed they had.

But for the ludicrus ammount of money Vrasku has been promised he is willing to at least try and make it work.

The monitor sits in the passenger side of the lead jeep with a smart phone pressed against his ear.

"We are almost to the mansion. Yesss, we know what we are looking for. Heh, no its best you dont ask how we plan to get it." Vrasku idley pulls the tarp over the edge of the rocket launcher behind him with his free hand. "Yeah, well, just remember that we had a plan. You were the one who wanted this done quickly." Vrasku hangs up the phone, "Weasels…"

Setting the phone aiside Vrasku says aloud.  "Remember the plan. Smash and grab, keep complications to a minimal. Once we start we will only have a limited window to get out again."

The jeep comes to a stop ironically just out side the canteena the others are in. If one were to look out the door or window they would see a pair of jeeps filled with gruff looking beasts and lizards. There are also tarps covering cargo in the back of each jeep, between each of the rear seat occupants.

The light at the cross roads turns green and the jeeps continue on their mary way.

Carmen sat down with a smile on his face. "Well after some, well liberal trespassing into the areas of the Estate not yet restored which soon leave to a well nice view as I crossed a deadly Cliffside path I actually found the family vault." Carmen said. "Now the bad new is that the place is actually completely empty. No gold, no pearls, nothing. Except these." The ferret said as he scratched a itch near his eye patch before placing a small pocket sized leather-bound notebook on the table, opened it and read a page.

_"June, 12, 1682,
It has been 10 years since one of my closest friends and the first captain to stand by me Dominique Pierre had returned bearing the Tears of the Sea and bearing the dreaded news of that vile captain hunting her for the jewels. 10 years since we had stowed them away on that island hidden away from all whose greed dares to come for them. Now we must return after the beasts of Redwall need our aid from the destruction of there precious abbey carrying a sword and what I believed to be a tapestry and was willing to even kill any of us who got near calling us vermin until Pierre herself managed to diffuse the turmoil after a hare from that dreaded mountain dared to try and draw his blade. Now we must return to store these artifacts of a now fallen abbey within the island home to what some have began to call "The Treasure of the Phoenix". In due time one day we will return to that abbey perhaps one day. May the holy father guide us in these times of need.

-Captain Ezikeil Fernando DeSota "_

Carmen looked up at Finn and smiled. "This is one of DeSota's missing journals. They say that one of the journal's has information on where is the location of the treasure. Don't you see what this means? It means that the family vault hidden in the estate is a sham, a fraud meant draw thieves away from where the real treasure is.  The real vault has to be hidden on the unknown island that he kept referencing in the journals at those museums." Camren said as he closed the book slid it towards Finn as he drank some of his drink. "I think you know what this means right?"

"Well after some, well liberal trespassing into the areas of the Estate not yet restored which soon leave to a well nice view as I crossed a deadly Cliffside path I actually found the family vault." Finn merely blinked and only blinked again when Carmen said the vault was empty except for an old leather-bound notebook. "Figured the vault was a decoy, no one is that stupid considering the reputation even back then." The rat said flatly, but smiled at the ferret nonetheless.

As the book slid toward the rat, he pushed it back to the ferret. "More galavanting and me forging false identities again? Don't forget the psych eval Carmen, rather let the last part be true and….something unfortunate happen to the notebook. I know how important it is to you and all." He said with a slightly sad look.

Carmen shook his head with a smile. "Relax man this is nothing. We haven't caused any trouble or anything here. You know how our usual adventures works and besides our next best bet is to head to Mossflower country up north. We will take Daisy." He said nodding towards the very plane Carmen flew to get them both here. It was a nice older sea plane in rather impressive condition. "Finn we already discussed this but you know if we find that treasure we will make history. Think about it, finding the DeSota treasure. Besides we can still use these IDs unless…...did you set something on fire again." Carmen leaned towards the rat and looks at him. "You do remember last time we needed new ID was because you right?" He said condescendingly. "Look our next stop is a old abandoned Abbey, from there we check it out if there is any clues or another Journal and from there if we might be able to find the exact location of the treasure. Come on you know this is a fun adventure." Carmen said as he finished his drink and slid the book back to him. "Just take a look at the journal your better at reading in-between the lines then me. What do you think?"

TJ quickly apologized to the black rat as she almost bumped in to him. She navigated her way through the tables to deliver drinks to a tabke. On her way back she slowed down, passing the table where the black rat and the ferret were talking. She started to slowly clean up a table behind them as she heard jim read out loud a passage.
It has been 10 years since one of my closest friends and the first captain to stand by me Dominique Pierre had returned bearing the Tears of the Sea and bearing the dreaded news of that vile captain hunting her for the jewels. 10 years since we had stowed them away on that island hidden away from all whose greed dares to come for them. Now we must return after the beasts of Redwall need our aid from the destruction of there precious abbey carrying a sword and what I believed to be a tapestry and was willing to even kill any of us who got near calling us vermin until Pierre herself managed to diffuse the turmoil after a hare from that dreaded

Her head snapped up quickly, her grandma was mentioned in the journal. If that was the case then these two men must be after her treasure. Tessalina Jezebel Perrie was the granddaughter of Captian Dominique Perrie,from an old painting, TJ resembled her, bright emerald eyes, dark fur and black long hair pulled back into a loose ponytail. Topping it off a nice colourful bandana holding back her hair.

Her quickly thought and then came up with a brilliant idea. She finished cleaning the table and brought the dishes to the back, before grabbing two large mugs of beer. "You won't know where to look at the Abby for the next clue without the journal." She said slamming down both beers in front of the creatures. "And I know you'll never find that other journal from DeSoto nor the Journal from Perrie." She smiled at both of them, "the name is TJ. Archeologist extraordinaire and geologist."

"Considering how you treat your best friend who took computer and culinary classes. Who has YET to be proven to have said mental condition involving fire," he slides the book again back to Carmen. "I'm better at a computer or stove, not finding vague ancient hints in an old journal. That's when the so called waitress he stole the drink from for Carmen came up and slammed down two large beers.

"You won't know where to look at the Abby for the next clue without the journal. And I know you'll never find that other journal from DeSoto nor the Journal from Perrie." She smiled at both of them, "the name is TJ. Archaeologist extraordinaire and geologist."

Finn pointed a thumb to the otter, "See? An Archaeologist is what we need."

Carmen did not look at all impressed in the otters statements. "Well a archeologist huh. So you like go dig up old bones and artifacts? Well humor me then. What do you have to offer? You don't look like the type to be doing our style of work." Carmen said as he grabbed one of the mugs before deciding against drinking it. Last thing he wanted to do was to be drunk the one time they need to fly. Grabbing their journal Camren slid it closer to him and turned his head looking at her in the eye giving a clear view of his red and black eye patch. "So then what do you mean yo know we wont find the other journals?"

She pulled out of her pack a few papers, and layed them on the table, sliding it towards Carmen, "these are the location in Redwall Abby referenced by DeSota himself…" she said pointing at the photocopied journal pages. "Since I did find this missing journal of DeSota looking through my grandmothers stuff." She paused and said smugly, "Oh right, I forgot, Captain Dominique Perrie is my grandmother, and in that case I also have her journal she kept of her journeys, and she talks about the Tears of the Sea, that she rightfully owns, but gave them to the abby dwellers for safe keeping."

She picked up the papers and proceeded to put them back in her pack, "But alas, I see, you don't need my help, guess I'll see you around then, I wish you luck on your adventure." TJ was hoping that they would let her tag along, she had no funds or ways to get to the ruins, this was her chance.

Carmen looked surprised at the items laid out before then and was about to comment when the otter suddenly stated she was a descendant of the only other pirate DeSota trusted as much as he trusted his first mate. Suddenly she grabbed the items and started to walk away. He looked back at his friend hoping for any answer but after getting none he bit his lip. "Hang on." He called out to her. "If you want to come with us your gonna have to answer two questions honestly. Fist off can you handle yourself well? We don't want someone who can't keep up. Next is how can we know  we can trust you?" He asked looking at her. He looks at her thinking about telling her his name but he wont until he knows for sure she can be trusted.  But for now he needs to know if she can handle herself. Working in this line of work if you even want to call it that can form some enemies and cause some rather dangerous situations that might even lead to confrontations with less desirable individuals. Regardless she had what they need and last thing Carmen wants to do is attempt to take the stuff or risk missing out on important information.

The jeeps come to a stop at the mansion steps. Beasts file out immidietly, following their leader inside.

The lizard pauses to take in the sight. The mansion was old, the floor boards were starting to rot and vermin, actual insect vermin can be seen scurring across the floor.

And yet the mansion still held some charm. It didnt take much to image the people that came through here. The culture, the children laughing as they ran through the halls, the parties held in the ball room, the family feasts in the dining room.

Vrasku takes a moment to breath if all in before letting it out with a quiet sigh. "Gut it."

The beasts start immidietly. They break off into teams as others take crow bars to the walls. They tear them to peices, scattering the debris, looking, searching…

A whirlwind of a conversation indeed went by the rat as the otter talked, apparently claiming to be a direct descendant of a pirate DeSota knew and trusted. Eventually he caught up to the point where Carmen called out to her with two very good questions, could she handle herself well and can she be trusted? At least when he saw a parting glance of some weird jeeps go by the bar filled with gruff looking beasts, he understood relatively what kind of trust could be gleaned from them.

The otter? Claiming ancestry and having information to help in said treasure hunt, the former could be debated while the latter they really needed. "F…fine." He says with a sigh.

"Just as my friend says, can you handle yourself well and can we trust you?" He looked at her with a questioning look.

"if I couldn't handle myself I wouldn't be here currently would I?" She said turning around and sitting in the empty chair. She pulled the mug towards her, "how do you know you can trust me? You don't but give me a chance and if  I'm not up to the standards, you can just drop me back into civilization or leave me somewhere." She out on her sunglasses "we all want the same thing, fame, fortune, to remember our history and ancestors. Claiming what's rightfully is ours before someone other takes it." She paused and looked at the rat and ferret. "So we have a deal?" She held out her paw to each of them.

She had good points Finn will admit silently, but words could only say so much. He'll probably run a background check on her later to make sure she is trustworthy enough and if shes clean. The ultimate choice though…he looks to his best friend Carmen, looking to see what the ferrets possible decision could be in this. That deciding factor belonged to Carmen overall and he'll back up his choice 100% no matter what the rat thinks, knowing Carmen well enough to make the best choice possible.

Carmen shook his head and glanced at Finn and gave a slight nod. "Look just because your a barmaid here in town doesn't mean squat. Me and Finn right here have been in this game for quiet awhile now. But since you have something of interest I am willing to give you a shot as long as you cooperate. You may be a archeologist but tomb raiding, treasure hunting or whatever you want to call what we do is a whole different ball game. You might get yourself hurt you know. " The ferret said pointing at his eye patch. "Anyways if you really want to come fine." He said shaking her paw. "And the name is Carmen, Carmen DeSota."Before he could resume to speak suddenly a groups of police cars and even a SWAT SUV zoomed right past with their sirens blaring. "Huh looks like something serious must be going down uptown. Finn might be best we head out soon in case whatever is happening spreads down to here."

–------------

Meanwhile back at the estate at some point during the gutting of the estate a  small car that seemed to had tourists coming to the Estate pulled into view before suddenly slamming on the gas and taking off. A bit of time later the sounds of police sirens can be heard as about 5 squad cars and a armored SUV started heading towards the estate. Apparently the tourists have alerted the police about the group of armed beasts destroying a national landmark currently under restoration.

Vrasku patiently waited by the enterence of the estate while his men noisily gutted the the house looking for secret compartments and treasures. He caught sight of the tourbus as it sped away and gave his beasts the order to start wrapping up.

Sortly there after the sirens can be heard. Vrasku growls, tapping on his ear peice, "Status."

"We got to the vault but there is nothing here." one of the mercs chimes over the radio.

"That isnt too surprising…this house is hundreds of years old."

"Maybe, but we found some scuff marks and some foot prints...they look fresh. I think some beast got here before us."

This only makes Vrasku grind his teeth together. He turns off the ear mike (specially made for species with out ears, cost him a pretty penny it did) off before raising his voice. "Pack it up. Grab what you can and move out. I would rather not explain why we are rapidly renovating a national land mark."

Beasts begin clamering out of the mansion carrying books, charts, things of a fragile nature and roughly shoving them into the back of the jeeps. Even before the last beast is out of the house Vrasku marches himself to the kitchens. He grabs something from the bandolier at his chest. A small round metalic device.

"Boss?" one of the lizards in his unit pauses while coming down the stairs with a box of note books in paw.

"Never leave an enemy stronghold intact. Some goes for clues for the competition." Vrasku pulls the pin to the incindiary grenade before tossing it into the back of the room. He marches out of the mansion with a bit more speed to his step.

As he steps out of the mansion the grenade explodes. Fire spreads quickly across the old wood, spreading to other rooms. By the time the last mercenary is out of the house a blaze has started that is visible even from the sea.

Finn returned the nod Carmen gave him, "Look just because your a barmaid here in town doesn't mean squat. Me and Finn right here have been in this game for quiet awhile now. But since you have something of interest I am willing to give you a shot as long as you cooperate. You may be a archaeologist but tomb raiding, treasure hunting or whatever you want to call what we do is a whole different ball game. You might get yourself hurt you know. " The rat understood all too well what he meant by his words, this isn't just a field trip and digging plots in the dirt in straight square shapes.

As the ferret shook the otters paw so did Finn, "Finn. I'm Carmen's technical support/cook since I'm better at a stove then he is apparently." A jip the rat commonly referred to when he made fun of Carmen sometimes, a short lived inside joke when he heard sirens blaring as a group of police cars and a SWAT SUV go past the bar quickly.

"Huh looks like something serious must be going down uptown. Finn might be best we head out soon in case whatever is happening spreads down to here." Just as Carmen said those words the rat was already making his way to plane. "So much for a relaxing drink." He says lowly as he walked out of the bar to the seaplane.

"pleasure to meet you boys." She said and grabbing the mug, "Cheers to a new adventure!" Chugging the beer. She looked as basically a small army came past heading to the estate. "I agree. Let's get out of here." She followed Finn to the plan and looked back as she heard a boom, "damn… I dont think we have an estate anymore.. glad you got that journal before hand." She said pointing to the black billowing smoke dominating the sky.

Carmen look backs and sees the smoke. "Ah crap there goes the one thing left to my family lineage." He said shaking his head as he walked on over to the plane and help the door open for TJ. "Ladies first." He said as she entered. the inside of the plane was rather spacious considering that the plane wasn't small to begin with. It was rather clean and well kept and maintained which is surprising since the plane itself is about 50 years old yet it is in remarkable shape that's to Carmen's mechanical skills on a plane. Yet what stood out is towards the back of the plane it looks more like a mobile headquarters setup custom made. it had different kinds of tech and resources such as maps and supplies strapped down but what really stood out is the small stash of guns that are strapped down along with various types of ammo and gear. Clearly these two seemed prepared for anything. "Alright fasten down we need to get moving out of here." The ferret said to the others as he turned on the ignition and the dual prop engines roared into life as the propellers began to spin and Carmen began to go through the take off checklist making sure everything is functional.

–-----------------

The police cars came speeding in front as now even more squad cars join in as now 5 squad cars speed in front of the entrance to the estate along with the swat van as all the law enforcement got out and loaded up their rifles and got set up using their cars for cover as now a police helicopter with snipers now fly into view. The Caribe PD doesn't take acts of terrorism lightly...

Views