Pound Cake, y'all.
mucha last edited by
I don't know about the rest of you guys and gals, but I love to bake. Cooking in general is pretty dang awesome, but baking is where its at. I like it so much that I did the cakes for my wedding last August, and today, I want to share one of my favorite cakes of all:
3 sticks butter, softened
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour (I prefer all-purpose but cake flour works alright, too)
5 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature (I like soy milk the best)
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a bundt pan.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing between each addition until fully incorporated.
4. Add the vanilla to the milk, and then alternately add the flour and milk until just mixed.
5. Pour or scoop the batter into your greased bundt pan, and bake for an hour and a half. Depending on the oven, it might need to go for a little while more, so check for doneness.
6. Enjoy with tea, coffee, or anything else that catches your fancy. Makes for a super decadent french toast.
7. Optional: Lick the bowl. Pound cake batter might not be good for you, but it is so so so good.
NOTE: if you're using a standing mixer, always remember to stop every once in a while and scrape the bowl. I can't tell you how many times I've found a pocket of sugar and flour at the bottom of the bowl while pouring the batter in to the pan because I've forgotten to scrape the sides and bottom down.