Was just wondering if we have more Christians on this site.  I will say right our front I am one.

I will admit this is the first time I have seen this question on a rp site ^^

Oh and incase anyone poses while I am writing this, this is a response to the initial post ^^

The short answer yes. I use bible principles in playing games actually, for example Eccl. 7:9 says 'Do not hurry yourself in your spirit to become offended, for the the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones."

So it's pretty hard to rile my up when someone says something thoughtless or not realizing that they are causing contentions. I give them the benefit of the doubt because over 80% of communicatio is body language and the next majority percentage is vocal ques, both of which are things you don't get while reading texts. So it can be very easy to missread something someone posted to try and cheer you up as being insulting 😧

I also apply the various scriptures about walking with wise people or acting with discernment to how much I associate myself with the game. There is no way for me to know who the person on the other side of the screen is, be they a normal everyday person, or someone in jail!  But I also apply the scripture about 'conduct all your affairs with love' to the situation, so while I am friendly and do try to be kind to the best of my ability, I won't accept friend inivites or associate myself too deeply with people OOCly unless I know them off line.

I also don't mention exactly /which/ denomination of christianity that I am unless it''s in private simply because I do not know how people would react.

Now if someone is having a bad day, someone lost their job or a family member died etc etc, I will pm them siomething I my self find comforting, like Rev. 21:3-4, but otherwise I feel the internet is a place where people would not really apprecate the discussion, or worse, just use it as an excuse to slander it.

I will though give you guys a hint as to my denomination with this one scripture depending on what bible translation you use :3

psalms 83:18

Technically, yes. I was baptized and confirmed into the church, but that is where it ends.

Ain't no one going to tell me how, where, and when to worship whatever I believe in. I am a big girl, I can figure it out on my own. I don't need an organized institution to tell me what I can and can't do in my worship.

Yeah, Im a christian, but I havent been baptized yet. Did you not get to choose if you were going to be baptized? Also, what types of churches do everyone go to. I go to a Baptist Church, well two actually. One I don`t know very well, but some people from my school go there and one I was basically born into, so I know quite a few people.

I was baptized as a baby. Most people around here are baptized as babies.

What type of church.  Well my family runs the one we go to and we can be pretty much said to be NON denominational. The building says its a First Baptist, but we don't care about denominations.  And Kiara we don't believe in forcing people to do stuff because they are going to our church. Nor do we attach stuff on to being a christian.  All we say for being a christian is to believe on Jesus Christ.

@Kiara:

I was baptized as a baby. Most people around here are baptized as babies.

Thats a bit unfair, that means: a) You get no choice if you are a Christian or not. b) You cant do anything wrong in your life because baptizing means starting over
and
c) You dont get the honor of choosing when you think youre ready.

Deekra, there is a system.
Most people around here are baptized with babies, then when they are 5 years old start "sunday school."
Throughout the years of that, children get their first communion, then first confession, then when they finish, they have confirmation where they choose to be confirmed into the church.

I did so, to basically make my mom happy.
So technically I am confirmed into the roman catholic church, I don't practice it (or any other religion for that matter)

At our church we have Creich for babies and toddlers, then Bubbles for well, basically Dibbuns, then Oasis for primary, the another one I forgot the name of, which Im in, for teens and intermediate kids. We can choose to do communion, I started doing it when I was about maybe ten. We dont get confirmed into our church by saying so, we are confirmed by coming to church.

Ah yes, but there's a difference between conformation and baptism, at least in Presbyterianism, which I was baptized and confirmed into. Conformation is one reaffirming his or her commitment to the church and religion at an age where they are able to make the decision for themselves, so if they don't believe or don't practice it, they don't have to be indoctrinated (which is somewhat awkward). I think that might just be a protestant thing though.

Zach

It's pretty funny, actually -  our church meetings are half our family and half other people. We have 7 people in our family, you can do the math. 🙂

Posting anything on the internet about religion seems to be asking for a flame war. I am impressed this thread didn't become one!

To Vikenti: Everyone here is very friendly and open-minded. So, I'm not surprised that nothing bad has happened in this thread.

To anyone else: I consider myself to be christian, but I am not officially part of any religion and that's because the church I used to go to was very mean to my dad. They pretty much forced him to do almost all maintenance and cleaning there and that's why we left. I don't really going to church anyway because a lot of people just misconstrue the facts and that just ticks me off.

Not to mean any disrespect, but of all the topics of conversation in the world, religion is one of those things I'm very sensitive to, and so I don't like to talk about it. This is not to say that I'm anti-religious, because I'm not. This is just a very touchy subject that makes me extremely uncomfortable. So please, I'll have no part in this.

Thank you for listening.

My parents were raised Catholic. They were Good Catholics, the kind that went to Mass every Sunday and I know for a fact that Mom's family often had both the priests and some of the sisters for dinner. Mom put the first three of us in Catholic school (mostly because the public schools weren't so great). But after we moved, we stopped practicing.

I consider myself Catholic, but I'm afraid that the Catholic Churches around here would probably refuse me from the fold because of my views.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding NIV

This thread has been resurrected twice now. I know you guys like your resurrections, but really!  😛

Never doubt the inevitability of theological discussion.

Dues Vult.

Christian. That's all I have to say.

Views