Hopeless Wandering (Open)

• Tal saw belltower up ahead between the leaves of the trees before them. He was amazed that something could reach so high into the sky. As they walked, the wealse became more and more astaonished at the mamoth size of the abbey.
        But when they finaly came into veiw of the whole thing Tal was shocked. His jaw sagged and his eyes went wide at the sight of the great Redwall Abbey.

• Seth was similarly supirised, stopping in his tracks and taking all in with his blue eyes, mouth slightly open in a silent 'wow'. Noticing this, he quickly shut it, and walked closer. No matter how many stories were told, or rumors were spread, the great stone abbey seemed better than if all the rumors and stories had been true. After standing there for a minute, Seth shook himself out of his daze and said, grinning, "Welcome to Redwall, Tal." He then strode forth, towards the main gate, made of stout oak timbers.

• Taloneye laughed with his cheerul adolescent laugh. "This is deffinately no whole in the ground." He ran forward joyfully and joined Seth at the gate.

-ooc- Should we make a new topic for this inside the Abbey?

• OOC: Yeah, after they go inside of course. Should I make it?

Seth knocked on the door with a paw, hoping that somebeast was actually there to hear him knock on the door. Just in case, he called out, "Hello?"

• -ooc- Sure

-bic- Tal watched as the door creaked open and a mole looked out at them.
        Mole Burnem looked suprised to see them and gave Taloneye a suspisious glance. "Whut be 'ur bisniss 'ere t'day young zurs?"
        Tal responded in an instant. "We were traveling in search of Redwall and wondered if we might stay here for a time."
        "Serpintly young wessel. You serpintly may." The kindly mole gave a slightly uneasy smile, but motioned for them to come inside despite his suspitions.
        As Tal moved toward the door however; "One moment there please." The mole touched Tal's arm politely. "Be ya' holden any sharpy things on yur belt?" The weasle figured he meant weapons.
        "No, sir." He replied. The mole looked hard at him for a moment longer before admitting him into the building.
        He turned to Seth. Seeing the sword at his side he held out his paw expecting him to hand it over.

• After a moment, Seth realized what the mole meant, and handed him his blade, albeit grudgingly. He did not trust anybeast completely when it came to a personal item of his, such as his sword… or his tailring. He also handed the mole his unstrung bow and quiver of arrows. "Eh... that should be it." He declared, waiting patiently for admittance into the Abbey, which he was still admiring.

• -ooc- I'm horribls at mole-speech. Sorry…

-ooc- The motioned for them to go in. "E' Abbot moight wish to speak to ee'."
        Tal tapped Burnum on the shoulder and cleared his throat. "Um, er... Sir? I, uh... got injured on the way here. I was wondering if there might be someone here that could treat poisons and wounds."
        The mole didn't look convinced, but nevertherless he gave them instructions to the infirmary. Tal nodded politely in thanks and stepped into the Abbey grounds. He could see the orchard and the gardens. He could see the several stories of windows and rooms. He was delighted at the size and beaty of such an amazing place. He felt happier and more safe than he had in nearly eight years. In fact, he had never felt this safe in his entire life, because the last time he felt safe at all he still knew it wasn't true. Now, though, he felt as though he was invisible behind these walls and with good beasts on every side.
        "What do you think of it, Seth?"

• OOC: Eh, it's hard if you don't use it that often.

Seth walked inside, looking about in astonishment. In his relatively short life, he has traveled to many places, north and south of Redwall, but never spared some time to go there. But now he was here. And he certainly liked it. "I think it's fantastic… Better than what I'm used to."

OOC: I'll start up a new thread after your post.

• -ooc- Alright.

-bic- "No kidding…" Tal stared around for moment longer, savoring the scene. Then, reminded by the pain in his shoulder, he started to walk across the lawn to find the infirmary.

• Seth followed, taking in the peace that seemed to be present everywhere he looked. Then the doors to the main building opened, and the abbeydwellers came out, finished with their dinner. He saw dibbuns playing one of their make-believe games in the grass by the pond, older beasts walking around the grounds and conversing with one another, some going about various chores. Everything, it seemed, was as perfect as it could be. But a thought snapped Seth out of his complacent daze. A pang of guilt and loss accompanied that thought as well.

Keia…

Recent Topics

Users

Topics