Attic Trouble (Open)

• (OOC: Fixed. I'm just a-screwin' up all over the place today. Must be the lack of caffeine and/or sleep as of late. :P)

Zach

• Ooc what was fixed?

• Femble finished baking the Mossflower wedge and Great hall cake, so set them and the Redwall Abbeyscones onto the table, cut and cooled. She took the first scone, to check them, smiled and offered them to the others.
    C come n next t to m me, r Rascal. And y you t too, er… she trailed off, looking at the other squirrel.

• OOC: Nova can be rather crazy at times, not sure if I want to do something like that right now. But I'll think about it.

BIC:
    {"Heh, who doesn't want to get themselves locked in the upstairs attic?"}

Nova raised an eyebrow as she turned her head to look over her shoulder "Well beasts afraid of the dark for starters… Had a magpie get in through the trapdoor one season, figure the door must 'ave been left unlocked. Wasn't a pleasant thing to climb up to look through the ol' books and find yourself looking one of those things in the eyes."

{"So you actually live here? Bl- er, Redwall abbey?... From the stories I've heard about the place I always thought the beasts here kind of...well... To us non woodlander types."}

The light in the white vixen's eyes flicked and changed for a moment before turning her head back to face the grinding wheel somewhat agitated "From here... no, from the north. I found this place. And as for the abbey-dweller's... woodlanders in general actions towards 'us' it's all dependent on the woodlander. Some are nice, and some aren't... some even go so far as to feel pity for hmph, the uncivilized."

At this point Bard came up into the kitchens with a squirrel trailing behind him though Nova wasn't looking she still could tell it was Bard when he spoke.

{"I hope I'm not intruding on anything important, but I think we need to talk alone for a minute about what's going to happen to these two... If you want to come as well, I uh, well, wouldn't have any qualms about it."

Nova looked over her shoulder again to see who he was addressing and locked eyes with Bard resulting in an abrupt stop of the grinding wheel. Get involved and dig another hole for yourself or no? A small shrug resulted from her thinking until… {C come n next t to m me, r Rascal. And y you t too, er...}

Giving a long sigh Nova slumped her shoulders and rolled her head to one side "No I don't think I will, but someone needs to keep an eye on them…" she took a moment to go over her statement and figured she better add-on to it "Someone who's going have their guard up without being an ol' grump, like a hare who's missed breakfast for the second day in a row!"

She figured Femble might try volunteering and she found that rather concerning, especially with Rascal being a fox though that added another thought, where were his weapons that were absent from their sheaths? "Hey what happened to your weap… knives?"

• Femble smiled.
    I c can d do th that. Th they c can h help out in th the k kitchen, s so I c can k keep an eye on th them and r Rascal w wont n need t to t take f food if h he n knows h how t to c cookher logic was simple, but effective.H how about th that?`

• @Belisarius:

OOC: Nova can be rather crazy at times, not sure if I want to do something like that right now. But I'll think about it.

(OOC:That's fine.)

@coolcoyote:

Ooc what was fixed?

(OOC: Accidentally directed a post at someone else, but I changed the text.)

Zach

• Saneara watched the beasts talk with some confusion, she didn't know who the white fox was, but at least she seemed to keep Rascal and herself away from the guards, which made her glad. But they were also saying that they would stay in the kitchen helping Femble, Serena wanted to help bard in the infirmary, but she was far to scared to say anything at all.

• Ooc ill post later today. Got some family in town at the moment.

• Rascal stared wide eyed at the offered scone. Sweets. The fokd of the gods right after meat. He snatch the offered scones and greedily wolfed them down like a scavenger, as if someone might take them away from him.

And now the squirrel was offering to let him stay and help her cook? The young fox has died and gone to heaven!

Rascal looked up from his meal to turn to Nova. His snout was covered in the left overs of the pastry causing Carter and even Bill to snicker at the sight. Despite being ravonous meat eating vermin foxes had their charming moments the Hare must admit.

"My knives? Oh, i uh, lost them in the woods." He said rather quickly. "You can check with the guard at the gate earilier this morning. I didn't have them with me."

Bill's snicker was lost. He didnt like this answer since it essentially told him nothing. "How did you manage to lose them?" The fat otter asked promting Rascal to rub his neck shyly, "I was…well...it's embarressing to say but...I was fishing by the river and...well fell in. They just kind of fell out."

Both guards exchange glances but say nothing about it. Yes, letting this vulpine stay wont come back to bite them at /all/.

Bill sighed heavily. Rubbing his nose bridge the hare turn to address their second intruder. He was going to give her a good old fashioned interogation about how she got in through the locked gates.

Seeing the look on her face however softened his heart. Instead he clapped his paws and anounced, "Ok. Here is what is going to happen. The fox and squirrel can stay...but you are both on probation for the next week. Niether of you can move about tge abbey grounds for the next week with out being accompanied by another beast. If after that you decide to stay with us her in the abbey you are free to do as you wish as long as you behave."

He pointed towards the red fox, "If you Femble or Bard want to be incharge of the fox and squirrel I see no problem with it. Keep in mind the abbey leaders have final say over their fates. But if you find one spoon, or one bandage missing from the kitchens or infirm, I'm kicking them out. Does this sound fair?"

The hare glances around for a brief moment with a look that says, 'Protest all you want. It's not changing my decision.' Before any can reply Bill continues. "Right them. Me and Carter still have a patrol to finish less we let in any more guests for the night. Nova, Femble and Bard can find you a place to sleep for the night and some food to put in your bellies."

The otter looked up from his pastry, "But...are wd not staying for pie?" The hare growls, dragging the otter along by the paw. "You can eat when your shift if done. Nova, friar, Bard. If you have any trouble you know where to find us. Until then, good night."

• (OOC: Anybody want to go next?)

Zach

• It would make sense for you or Deekra to post next.

• (OOC: going soon, quick post. see you in three days)
    IC:
    Femble looked at both Rascal and the squirrel.
    I… I d dont n know w which one I sh should l look after f for th the w week. Er... Ill d d do h whoever

• (OOC: I'm leaving as well for two days, and won't be able to post anything. Sorry guys.)

Zach

• Ooc my ooc post got eaten. 😞  so…that leaves rascal nova and serena in the room. Do we want to just pose around fell and dreeka, time gap, or start a new scene? Or wait for them to return. In all honesty this scene is almost over in terms of plot development. All it needs is a good ending pose

• OOC:

Belarus sneaks up to the kitchen window and slides his pitchfork under the pie then secretly steals it.

LOL, not really.

• Ooc Rascal prods Nove in the side. Looks like he wont be the only one to fatten up over the next time gap XD

• Ooc waiting would be more convenient for me as well I'm on vacation right now and can only access the internet on my iPod

• Ooc ok we can wait then. In the meantime if nova wants to talk with her fellow foxy thst is fine with me ^^

• (OOC: Apologies for the late response, I've basically devoted most of my week to applying to colleges before school starts, not a whole lot o' time for the internet unfortunately.  :-[)

[i]"If you Femble or Bard want to be incharge of the fox and squirrel I see no problem with it. Keep in mind the abbey leaders have final say over their fates. But if you find one spoon, or one bandage missing from the kitchens or infirm, I'm kicking them out. Does this sound fair?"

Bard nodded.

I… I d dont n know w which one I sh should l look after f for th the w week. Er... Ill d d do h whoever

"Alright, do you want Rascal? I don't honestly like having foxes in my infirmary, to be honest the last one in there stole a couple of scalpels and my bag of sugar, and surely our thief here would prefer a job near some of your delectable dishes." Bard shot a piercing look over at Rascal, then turned back to Femble. "Also, I kind've already, well, told Serena I was going to make her my assistant. Are you fine with that?"

Zach

• Oh Femble smiled at Rascal, then at Serena.
    Okay th then

(OOC: I think now is a good time to switch scene to a week later)

BIC:
    The next week was successful. After a bit of paw slapping at the start, Rascal behaved himself. He was a fast learner and soon knew how to cook delicacies such as Deeper n Ever pie, or Otter Hotroot soup. At the end of the week Rascal was able to bake much more, but looked noticeably rounder.

Recent Topics

Users

Topics