Attic Trouble (Open)

• Femble observed Rascal valiantly attempting to lever the trapdoor open.
    I I th think it opens on th the other s side She remarked.
    W well, w when I w was f fourteen, I st started t to h help in the k kitchens. after three y years I b became a s sort of apprentice. W when I was eighteen, the old f Friar s stepped d d d down and g gave the j job t to m m meshe informed him.

• After a few minutes, Serena found herself in the kitchens, lured by the aroma of the good food cooked there. The squirrelmaid had never seen so much food in her life, and never anything baked like the scones or bread that were set out to cool. Without thinking, Serena took one of the scones and bit into it, it was delicious, but she had enough sense to realize that if she took anymore the cooks would notice some were missing.

Serena quickly finished the scone she took, and snatched a candied chestnut before she left the kitchen, she'd be coming back for the food if nothing else. Serena had relaxed slightly after her snack in the kitchen, and she wasn't as alert as she continued wandering through the abbey. She left the kitchens and went through Cavern Hole, from there she arrived in the front of the abbey where the big main door was situated. The squirrel thought briefly about leaving but decided to explore some more first, after all, nobeast was awake at this time.

• No one of course except for the night watch beasts.

The fat bellied otter outside makes a huff and a pant as he trudges up the steps towards the great hall. He reaches for one of the double doors and turns the knob.

At the same time the hare guard, comes out of the door to the library on the left. The wine drenched hare catches sight of the cloaked squirrel. The hare at first doesnt find this to be very alarming, there are more squirrels about the abbey than bees in the orchard. Every now and again some fool will think he caught site of an intrude, one run into one of the abbey resident vermin, however rare they are, and go to raise the alarm waking up every beast for ten square miles all because he mistakenly thought a beast up to get a drink of water was some stealthy assassin.

Still, there was at least one beast in the abbey who pushed the guard into a wine barrol .

The guard goes to ask the squirrel if she has seen any thing, however his voice carries to heavily with in the stone walls and comes out very menicingly, "Hey! You!"

–-----------

The fox repositions the board on the other side of the door. He pushes down with it, proving his lack of upper body strength when nothing seems to happen.

Rascal listens to the squirel speak for a moment. Leaning the board up against his chest he slips out of his short sleeved vest, handing it to the squirrel friar with a sigh, "Here, take this. It will keep you warm." He goes back to work. "You must be cold to be shivering so bad. I can barely catch a word through that stutter." His efforts are noble...if prehaps unknowingly insulting to the squirrel's natural stutter.

At least his heart is in the right place, right?

The fox pushes again on the board. "I don't suppose I can convince you to let me have a few pastries in the kitchen after this?" The fox thief snicker. More free food and no one will ever suspect him to return to the scene of the crime! Brilliant!

The door moves...if only a little bit before slamming shut again. "Success! Now all we need is to slip something under the door to keep it open!"

Ooc as you might have figured out rascal is a snarky jackwagon XD and like most of my alts on here a terrible glutton. Good thing he met the friar XD also I hope the hare finding you is ok serena with what ever you had planned.

• OOC: Yeah, it's fine, perfect even.  I'm just not entirely sure of the way the abbey is laid out…

IC:

Serena panicked as the hare called out, she was certain he had discovered the missing food and that she was an intruder. The squirrelmaid froze for a moment then darted up the nearest flight of stairs, it hadn't occurred to her that she might have pretended to be an abbey beast. Not that she would have know how to act in a situation like that anyways.

As Serena dashed up the staircase and looked about wildly on the next floor, she couldn't help but be confused as to why there were so many beasts up and about at this time of night. She knew she didn't have much time to find somewhere to hide, it wouldn't take the hare very long to figure out that she was an intruder, and she had no idea what the abbey beasts would do to her if they caught her.

• Ooc basically the abbey has three floors. The attic is at the top of the third which is a floor for offices and what not…at least i think they are offices. XD it doesnt have to be a perfect match and in the end rule 101 applies, if it feels right then go for it.

• Femble smiled warmly, holding the vest back out to him.
    Th thank y you, b but th this is m my usual st stutter. I th think y you w w will b be w welcome t to any amount of f food you w w want in th the k kitchen. I w will p p personally r reward y you w with m my sp special r r recipe and m make s sure y you g g get an extra h helping f for g getting us out! She exclaimed, finding an old chair leg, positioning herself right next to the fox, poised and ready for the door to open.

• Serena didn't want the night guards to have any chance to catch up to her, she was going to hide in one of the rooms on that floor, but the first one she looked in was full of sleeping dibbuns.  The squirrel closed that door as quietly as possible so she wouldn't wake any of them. Serena looked into a room down the hall, she couldn't see very clearly but she guessed that that room was inhabited by at least one sleeping redwalller as well.

The squirrelmaid didn't dare look into any other rooms on that level, she was certain they all contained sleeping beasts, instead she dashed up the next staircase she came across. Serena didn't know it, but she was now quite close to the two beasts stuck in the attic with the locked trapdoor.

Serena spied the trapdoor in the ceiling, and decided that it was probably less likely to be searched, or inhabited by anybeast, so when she opened it and climbed in, she was not expecting to be face to face with another squirrel and another beast.  She squeaked in fear and kicked the trapdoor shut again as she frantically scrabbled away.

• Before the mouse barged in the fox chuckled nervously. Open mouth, insert foot, he thought. "Oh…welll that's, that's nice." It doesnt look like there was any harm done though, not if Femble was willing to give him food.

The fox's tail wags happily back and forth behind him. His ears shoot strait up. "Really? You mean it?" Thoughts of filling his greedy gullet with pie and cake and heavenly sweets filled his mind as he reached out to take the vest back.

The door opened wide spilling light into the room, blinding the fox for a moment. He heard the squirrel shout and then the light was gone. "No!" Rascal shouted, leaping at the door and pounding on it with his fists, "Come back! We need your help."

The hare came up the stairs breathing heavily. "Bill," he said to himself, "The wife is right, you need to start jogging again. You are starting to sound like Carter..." he looked up and raised an eyebrow to the pounding in the attic.

• Ooc to serena. I laughed so hard at that

• OOC: Thanks, it's one of my better posts.

IC:

Serena was quietly freaking out with her back against the first thing she bumped into, she heard the fox yell something and braced herself to be eaten, when she didn't experience searing pain a moment later she slowly got hold of her senses. There were two beasts in this attic with her. Why? She didn't know, but she did know she was not alone like she had expected, and that the fox hadn't eaten the other squirrel, at least not yet.

A moment later she realized that the fox had said they needed her help, why would they need her help? She knew practically nothing about the abbey. And that hare, she had heard him following her, and the otter as well, they were probably both in the hallway, just about to open the door and find them all.

• (OOC: Oh, I didnt realize you got stuck in here with us!
    IC:
    Femble rubbed her eyes, the light being a surprise to her. It seemed like days since she had last seen light. As soon as her eyes readjusted she reached out to touch the other squirrel, who looked more frightened than she did.
    W who are y you? H have y you c come t to g get us out? W we h have b b been st stuck in h here f for… a l long t time she stuttered, not remembering how long it had been since she first entered to get the recipe books.

• ooc Doh! I completely missread that. I thought she ran back down. I'll edit the pose in a moment to take off that last part XD

• The fox didn't even notice the second squirrel come inside until his night vision returned. Spry little creature she was.

Rascal continued to beat on the door but to no avail, "No! That's it…" he said sorrowfully, "We are doomed. DOOMED! We are going be stuck in here forever and, and starve to death, well probibly resort to canibalism first, but then we will surely starve to death!" he whined loudly, "They will find in ten or twenty years, bones bleached white!"

It was hear that the fox realized there were three beasts in this room.

"Wait. How did..." Boom! The door opens, sending the fox flying flat onto his tail with a dazed look.

Light fills the room as the hare guard pokes his head up through the open door. He peers intently at both fox, squirrel maiden, and the resident friar. With a sigh he rubs his eyes with his free paw, "Can someone tell me what is going on here?!"

It looks like they have been rescued! Sort of...

• Serena whimpered as her fear came true, the hare had found them, and he was surely going to do… Something, to her. With the light of the open trap door, she crawled behind a box and hoped they would forget her, at least for a little while. This night did not at all turn out how she had expected it to, and she silently vowed that if she got out alive, she would never set paw on the abbey again.

OOC: Poor Serena, she never expected any of this to happen. Not that the abbeydwellers will be anything less than kind. It's a very good thing she's a squirrel and not a vermin. She would get a different welcome to the abbey.

• (OOC: Mind if I join in after a bit? I think somebody needs to get you guys out eventually, and it would be a good introduction for Bard I think.)

Zach

• Ooc i dont mind ^^ Providing Rascal survives his encounter with the guard I don't really have any other plans for him atm other than feasting on his promissed food XD of course dreeka is the gm in this one not me.

• Femble smiled brightly, relieved, but blinking in the light streaming through the trapdoor.
    B b Bill! Th thank y you f for g getting us out! I c came up h here t t to f find s some n new r recipes and th the d door sh shut. Y you n know h how h hard it is t to open once it it cl closed! I f found Rascal in h here, th then th this sq squirrel c came in he here, th though I am n not s sure w why she explained, gathering her recipes books and starting down the ladder.
    C come on. Ill p prepare a m meal for us all, once w were in th the k kitchen, including th the sq squirrel m maid

• The fox gulped at the sight of the hare. His hope of going back for a second meal, feast really, was dashed to pieces as the hare scanned the room. Surely he had stolen his last pastry. The guards would surely do something horrible to the young fox, Vivid images of his hide being hung across the top of the gates as a warning to all who would dare commit the horrendous act of bakery theivery.

Or worse they would lock him up for a few days and feed him nothing but a small bowl of stew.

Bill peered at each of the bushtail creatures one by one. Narrowing his eyes he replies, "Yes. Let's all head to the kitchen. I could use a stiff drink myself. Then I have some questions for your new 'friends'." He said in an ominous tone.

Ooc if you guys want to feel free to pose a time gap to the kitchens where you feel the story needs one ^^

• Serena thought the situation out carefully from behind her box, the other squirrel belonged there, she knew the hare and was a cook, which made Serena guiltily think of her stolen scone. The fox appeared to be an intruder like herself. The hare and squirrel cook were talking of them all going to the kitchen, but she didn't want to go back to the kitchen, she wanted to get out of the abbey, it was far to scary here for her.

However the squirrelmaid could not get out of the attic while the hare was still blocking the doorway, and she wasn't certain that she would be able to get away once the hare moved out of the doorway, Serena was terrified and she had no idea what to do, or how to get away. Eventually she decided that once the other two got out of the attic, she would act like she was going to go along with them, but make a break for as soon as she had a chance.

• B Bill, th they are g good b beasts called Femble from next to Rascal and the other squirrel, once they were on their way. She was busy studying a recipe book for a good one to try. She turned to look behind them and giggled. The other three stared at her in confusion.
    L look at our t tails. Th they are all in a l line, s so y you c cant s s see b behind th them` she explained, turning back to them. And it was true. The three bushy tails, all next to each other were side by side, making it impossible to see behind them.

Recent Topics

Users

Topics