What's your favorite Redwall species?

I've enjoyed characters of many different species, so I'm not sure by what criteria I'd call a species my favourite. I'm drawn to the Wildcats a lot because there were interesting things going on in their backstory that the books hinted at, but never expanded on. I like Pine Martens, they are rare and have high status when they do appear, making me curious about what their story is. I'll say Wildcats and Pine Martens are my favourites.

In addition though, I do like quite a few ferrets, stoats, weasels, foxes, and rats in no particular order, because occasionally a character comes out of that group that is a lot of fun to read. For example; Flinky the stoat for his enjoyable dialogue and songs, Splitnose the stoat and Blacktooth the ferret for their silly discussions about food, Plugg Firetail the fox and Grubbage the rat for the latter's deafness to the former's commands, Sneezewort and Lousewort the rats for being themselves, and so on.

I find a lot of Redwall species to be 'cute' in general, excepting reptiles and amphibians who are usually shown as fearsome.

Oh, believe me, shrews are fearsomeโ€ฆ I had a shrew stand up to my cat once... Granted, it was adorable. But seeing the shrew, barely 3 inches long including the tail, stand up to my eight lb cat, was... quite something.

And yes, I rescued the shrew. After putting on gloves. Which was a good idea, as he tried to bite me. ๐Ÿ˜•

I hope he was not the Log a Log ๐Ÿ˜‰

grins fiercely I sure showed that cat what for!

๐Ÿ˜›

I wish the cats were 'goodbeasts' more often.

I like the moles, squirrels and otters. They all have their own neat skills- digging, climbing, swimmingโ€ฆ

MOLES!!!! I LOVE MOLES!!!!

You missed wolverines. They have neat skills; eating their enemies ๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ˜„ Can't wait to start playing Amburr.

Heh. Well, there have only been a few wolverines in the books.

Hmm, yeah, I kinda wish there were more. They were pretty awesome, how strong they were, I mean, but they are as rare as they are strong.

i luv badgers, squirels, mostly anyone who is good, funny, brave, etc.

Views