But then there would have be kind of like a second motive for the woodlanders to get involved, instead of just staying out of it and letting the two sides sort it out themselves.

@Queen:

But then there would have be kind of like a second motive for the woodlanders to get involved, instead of just staying out of it and letting the two sides sort it out themselves.

Given the Whitedeaths' reputation, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to take over all of Mossflower in the process; instigating aforementioned full scale war.

Yeah, I doubt King Vadim would simply have his troops waltz through Mossflower and pick up a single rebel. He would try to take everything in his path.

Yeah, I doubt King Vadim would simply have his troops waltz through Mossflower and pick up a single rebel. He would try to take everything in his path.

So the main reason is to get the rebel, and something along the lines of "may as well concour and expand their territory while they are there"

Hola, friends! I know, I haven't been here in a while, lol, but I thought I'd toss in my two cents;

I find that most story arcs are never finished, but the reasons for this are not complicated; if someone said "Let's grab HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON off the shelf and write the full thing out on RL!" -assuming that everyone thought this was a good idea- how long would it take to rewrite the story? Well, it would be done in about a week. What changed?

If you want a fantastic, successful story arc with a full resolution, then I would suggest that you plan the full story beforehand, assign a main character, villain, and then some supporting roles, then assign someone else to follow the story and sort of be a director, one who dictates things like (They've been talking too long" or "Let's have a storm show up" or "How about they all sit down to lunch," or, finally -and most importantly- "Let's move on to the next plot point in the story." (This individual needs to be privy to the full storyline, and SHOULD NOT HAVE A CHARA INVOLVED).

The reasons to do a story this way; You reach the end of the story and feel satisfied, everyone had a fulfilling role in the story, the arc doesn't get overly-complicated and involve more charas than you can possibly remember, there wouldn't be flashes back and forth between one character's rolling out dough and another's duel to the death, and, finally, it doesn't take five years. (I've seen a walk in the woods + conversation take about three years to write. No joke. Unless I'm mistaken, that thread is still running…)

The negative side to doing it this way is that some people like to just write and see how things come out. I admit it's an attractive prospect. Some people do not like organized arcs like this. In my experience, however, it's worked pretty well. Check out "Black Sapphire."

And… sorry. Drat. I was planning on writing a couple sentences then walking away. I got carried away, as usual. Anywho, I wish you guys luck with this. It looks like it may turn out really interesting 🙂

^^ "Like" press like button

I read your plot line Seth and I really like it.

Oh how about we come up with the contest, everyone has to base their own idea for a Storyarch. And follow it like's Seth example, and then at the end, we have a vote which one is best and then we elaborate on that plot line etc like Seth said.

@Tessa/Jessie:

^^ "Like" press like button

I read your plot line Seth and I really like it.

Oh how about we come up with the contest, everyone has to base their own idea for a Storyarch. And follow it like's Seth example, and then at the end, we have a vote which one is best and then we elaborate on that plot line etc like Seth said.

Sounds like a swell idea to me.  🙂

Sounds good to me, as well.
A contest for the best StoryArc plot.

Right! 😄

Give me a few days and I'll have a post all up and ready about it!

Views