Okay, I want this to be simple and not real rough. I want this to be a debate thread, NOT an arguement thread. I want to know your opinion on Creation and Evolution and which one you believe is right. I will then debate you, asking you questions about why you believe in this or that. Btw, I am a Creationist, but I have a friend who taught me how to argue from the evolutionist's view point.

Oh, no!!!! Not another one of these!!!!
j/k I'm fine with these, but you have to be careful of 'flames'.
    Ima creationist too. I've heard many different ways to ague from different pionts of view, but that was quite a while back that I used to have those arguements. I'll see what I can do anyway though.

I'm glad to have someone who can help me.

Now, can you give me an estimate as to how old the earth is?(just a quiz to see how much you know) 😎

You clown. :DYou act smart, yet say you're dumb. Which one are you?

"What breaks but never falls? What breaks but never falls?"

LOL :DNo silly.
Day breaks and never falls, night falls and never breaks.

Myself, I'm a creationist.

(I'll keep a close eye on this and make sure it stays as a debate.)
(Any Evolutionist to debate with?)

I dunno. So far, only Creationists. Sorta good, sorta boring though. 😐

Wow! I think that our side is becoming increasingly more popular in the world!

I hope so. I saw a DVD of a Creation vs. Evolution debate. The Creationist beat three evolutionists! 😮

That's 'cuaes we rule! *brushes dirt off his shirt and onto the evolies (evolutionists)

Okay get this. Some people believe in the Bible and in Evolution! 😮

I can see that, but not too easily. ::) You'd have to be really stupid for that. :nope:

That's what my CS(creation science) teacher told me. The person is either ignorant or stupid.

Could be. Or they just lost half their brain. 😄

To a creationist I ask the following: Why do you put a limit on God's power?  Why do you use Earth's numeration of a day when 'Day' was created before the Earth?

As you can see, I'm not a creationist.

First I would like to say, I’m not trying to step on any toes here… I’m just a guy who enjoys a good debate, I respect all peoples beliefs while I reserve the right to disagree.

I would ask all creationists for a shred of proof that their god exists, other than a text that cannot be verified…. If that can be proven, then there exists a chance of Creationism. I would also ask how do you refute all evidence suggesting evolution based on faith alone?

Since when is blind faith more acceptable than fact and science? Evolution has been proven, creationism has no proof. You may say that evolution is a theory, I would concur, however Religion is not a theory. Religion requires blind faith in something that no-one can prove, whereas science has definite proof and a basis for its claims.

In medieval times Christianity believed that God physically moved the Sun each day. They believed this with all of their faith. Do we believe this today? I think most of us do not, I think most of us accept the fact that the Earth revolves around the Sun. So it seems Christianity has changed its belief’s, which were previously unfailing, in the face of proof.

So, in the past, Christianity has changed their belief’s in the face of concrete evidence, in the face of inescapable truth. Science was held to be true and factual in the case of the Earth and the Sun. And so I say if you are to disagree completely with the “theory” of evolution, then perhaps based on the same logic you would disregard the “theory” that the Earth revolve around the sun.

By the same reasoning and the same denial of concrete facts and Science you can reason that the Sun revolves around the Earth. Could you believe that? Could you believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth in the face of all you know? In the face of Science, cold hard facts and proof? I don’t think so, yet you refute the theory of evolution based upon the same blind faith.

I would also ask how creationists can take the story of Adam and eve so literally, while dismissing more contradictory parables as “not to be taken literally”. How… when there is no specification within the text you hold as the basis for your beliefs… can you take some parables literally, and others not?

The following are two direct quotes from the bible, unaltered, that are blatant contradictions upon the same issue. If the bible is meant to be taken literally as we must assume if you believe in creationism and thus Adam and Eve, explain these two polar opposite definitions of marriage:

“Whosoever putteth away his wife and marry another commiteth adultery. And whosever marrieth her that is put away from her husband, also commiteth adultery.”
-Luke 16:18

“When a man hath taken a wife, and married her and it come to pass that she find no favor in his eye because he hath found some un-cleanness in her, then let him write a bill of divorcement and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another mans wife.”

-Deuteronomy 24:1

I will let you attempt to answer my questions before I post more. 🙂

Okay about the verses first off. Dueteronomy was written by Moses, who made the Torah, or the Law, as the Jews call it. Therefore, he wrote what God told him to write, even if it meant later on, there would be another author. Luke was written by the apostle Luke, who lived in the time of Jesus, and in Jesus' time, things changed. God knew many Gentiles would read the Bible, causing part of the change. The other part of the change was because it wasn't followed anyway.

As to why we put a "limit" on God's power, I don't. Sadly, many Christians do, causing others to be led astray, including other Christians. That's why I like the saying "Don't put God in a box, for he is more powerful than we can imagine".

On the "day" time period of the Creation, through many translations, from Greek to Latin to English, words and meanings change. I don't know what the actual time period was, because I can't read hebrew. 😉 One thing I really want to learn.

And Wolfe, the way we prove that God exists is by proving the opposite wrong, in other words evolution.

wow I didn't get anything to much explanation

Views