The Great Spring Feast - Act II

Springtime; the season where most creatures come out of hibernation with plenty of young ones much older now. A whole four months of winter that turned out cold, brutal, and sometimes just plain nasty. Most, if not all beasts of Mossflower, appreciated the warm season of spring. For the beasts at Redwall, it was a busy month, but it was full of family love and fun as well. It was also the month of "The Great Spring Feast."

Last years feast was a success and for the creatures who woke up early to get everything ready, they wanted it to be even better today. Oliver stirred out of bed, giving himself a day off of training to sleep in and get some shut eye for this days feast. The large beast, groggy eyed and yawning, shook himself awake, jogged out of his home, and jumped into the ice cold pond for a quick bath.

"Brrr!!" After a couple of minutes in the icy bath, Oliver quickly jumped out, wide awake and ready to go. The big beast took his bark cloth towel to dry himself off thoroughly before getting dressed in his new tunic.

He headed for the Abbey, unlocking a backdoor in the wall to get inside the red sandstone fortress.

Rorgus yawned as he opened his eyes. He sat up in bed rubbing his eyes and looking around, then he remembered something.
Today was the Spring feast! He jumped out of bed and looked outside, the sun was just appearing over the horizon, He left his room and went downstairs to the grounds. He climbed the steps to the walls and started running, he didn't want to be slow and groggy and the cold air started waking him up. When he came to the corner of next to the pond he jump off the wall and dove into the freezing water, that really woke him up!

As he was heading inside he met up with Oliver,
" Hello Oliver! Going to start getting ready for the Spring Feast? I'm heading to the kitchens to get some breakfast first." With that he turned toward the kitchen and trotted off.

"Yea! Today is finally the day." He said following close behind Rorgus as he was going the same direction to the kitchens. "Breakfast does sound lovely, I'm pretty 'ungry myself." The great Hall was only a short distance away, which was bustling and busy like always. Creatures were moving long tables, setting up dinner plates and mugs to drink from. They already remembered the routine from the last feast, which was a great start!

As he entered with Rorgus, he pointed over to his tunic wearing friend, Redwall's Champion, Bradley. "Look Ror, it's Brad! Maybe 'e would like to eat breakfast as well." Oliver looked around, puzzled not to see his larger friend, Dallas. "Hm.. Dallas must be sleepin' still."

"Look Ror, it's Brad! Maybe 'e would like to eat breakfast as well."

Rorgus nodded in agreement. As Brad looked over at them he waved at him to come over. There was a lot of cooks in the kitchen hustling and bustling about with hot pans and ingredients. Rorgus decided this was not the place to stay, so grabbing a few scones from a passing tray and a beaker of Ale he glanced at Oliver and said.
" It's a little busy in here mate! Hows about we go outside?"

Brad saw the two, gliding over to them as Rorgus waved him. The stocky mouse smiled to the two listening as Rorgus spoke. Oliver nodded his head in agreement, grabbing some cordial and some food as well. Brad shrugged and did the same before speaking up. "Beasts everywhere today guys, it's pretty great! Can't wait for this feast." Brad said, before stuffing scones into his mouth, chewing happily.

Oliver patted put his mug down and patted Brads back. "So much truth, matey." He looked over to Rorgus while grabbing his drink again, waiting for the Otter to lead the way. "Alright Skip, take us to a nice spot."

Rorgus grinned and winked at Oliver.
" I'll do just that matey!" He headed outside toward the orchard, when he got there he set his food down under an apple tree. He stood up and grabbed hold of one of the branches hauling himself up, he hooked his knees on the branch and hanging upside down got his food and swung back up in the tree. He grinned back down at the other two.
" You two coming? I'll hold your food while you come up!"

Vargon the Avenger stood bfore the great doors of Redwall Abbey, indecisive as to whether or not to knock. He groaned as his side throbbed where the ferret, Verkasin, had sliced him. Vargon was extremely hungry, but he also knew that the peaceful abbey beasts might not recieve him, even if he was an otter, because of his warlike appearance. His sword, strapped to his back, still had some small flecks of blood on it since the battle four days ago. He hadn't had a good chance to clean it since he'd been injured. He adjusted the kilt around his waist and shifted his dirk then banged as loud as he could on the doors, hoping someone would hear him even in the early hour.

The beast had been napping on the wall tops in the rays of the morning sun having come out earlier to watch the first rays peek over the horizon. Two eyes as dark as the moonless night slowly opened as a beast banged on the gates below. The beast slowly stood up in its habit and turned to peer over the wall. Underneath the hood it was concealed by a shadow as a matter of fact the shadow seemed to extend out from the hood as the black eyes looked at the otter “Good morning to you sire. What, pray, is your name and intentions?”
The eyes blinked under the hood and were the one thing that reflected a small amount of light giving them a brightly appearance despite their color.

Vargon coughed, " I am known as Vargon the Avenger, you may or may not have heard of me." He managed a grin, "And if you don't mind, I'd really love something to eat. I've heard the food here is to die for and I've not eaten in three days." He added hopefully, "I will even surrender my weapons if necessary, if you forbid weapons here."

Andrew smiled, gazing out his window at the beautiful abbey grounds that stretched out before his eyes. The time that he had been spending at Redwall was turning into one of the best times of the otter's young life. He enjoyed it so much that sometimes he almost forgot his dream of being a fighter. To live in peace and harmony with those around him, this almost felt as though this is what he wanted for his life. But he would let time decide, because it was spring, and Andrew's wanderlust would take over if it wanted to.
He bounded down the stairs into the kitchens where he was met with delicious smells of good food being prepared.
Snatching a hot scone from a plate he pushed open the door to the outside and immediately sighed with contentment. This place was so wonderful…if only his family had accompanied him to this place. Maybe someday he would return to his holt and bring them here.
He was going to go into deeper thought on the matter, but having a very short attention span, he soon forgot of these things and was padding towards the otter who's name he knew as Rorgus, who was apparently the Skipper around here. Andrew still had not properly introduced himself to the skipper, so now was probably the best time to do so!
Mother always said it was rude to stay in the shadows.
Andrew grinned and waved as he approached Rorgus
"Hey there matey!"

Still groggy from a night of uneasy sleep, Warhammer headed out of his camp along the path to the Abbey. He had left his group to come to the Abbey for one specific reason; the feast. Warhammer could just taste the beautifully rich and elegant food of that feast in his mouth, like the sweet dewdrops on the flowers around the path. Yes, this was going to be a lovely day for him, and if he got there in time, for his stomach.

Rorgus sat in the tree happily munching on his scone and drinking ale. He took a  deep breath of the fresh spring air, the blossoms which were just starting to open.he smiledd and was almost going to laugh, when he looked down at an otter standing on the gruond. He waived happily at him,
" Hello there matey! What is it?"

Oliver smirked at Rorgus' gesture. "Yer talkin' to a giant squirrel, mate. I'm a champion climber!" He said chuckling happily. Oliver put the mug of cordial on his plate and held it in one paw while quickly climbing up the tree with his hind-legs and free paw. He went up two branches higher than the Otter with great agility. Oliver sat there and watched as the champion of Redwall started to struggle climbing. "Pahah! Aye, Rorgus, I think Bradley needs some 'elp though!" He said to Rorgus as he looked down to his shorter mouse friend in a teasing manner.

"You won't be laughing when I slice your head clean off, matey!" Bradley said, speaking in a taunting, but friendly tone. Oliver flexed his large free arm and winked at his friend. "I'd like to see you try, Guardian of Redwall"

Brad continued to slowly climb up the tree with great effort, giggling from his friends gestures.

OOC: This good?

BIC: Vargon the Avenger stood bfore the great doors of Redwall Abbey, indecisive as to whether or not to knock. He groaned as his side throbbed where the ferret, Verkasin, had sliced him. Vargon was extremely hungry, but he also knew that the peaceful abbey beasts might not recieve him, even if he was an otter, because of his warlike appearance. His sword, strapped to his back, still had some small flecks of blood on it since the battle four days ago. He hadn't had a good chance to clean it since he'd been injured. He adjusted the kilt around his waist and shifted his dirk then banged as loud as he could on the doors, hoping someone would hear him even in the early hour

The beast had been napping on the wall tops in the rays of the morning sun having come out earlier to watch the first rays peek over the horizon. Two eyes as dark as the moonless night slowly opened as a beast banged on the gates below. The beast slowly stood up in its habit and turned to peer over the wall. Underneath the hood it was concealed by a shadow as a matter of fact the shadow seemed to extend out from the hood as the black eyes looked at the otter “Good morning to you sire. What, pray, is your name and intentions?”
The eyes blinked under the hood and were the one thing that reflected a small amount of light giving them a brightly appearance despite their color.

Vargon coughed, " I am known as Vargon the Avenger, you may or may not have heard of me." He managed a grin, "And if you don't mind, I'd really love something to eat. I've heard the food here is to die for and I've not eaten in three days." He added hopefully, "I will even surrender my weapons if necessary, if you forbid weapons here."

Beneath the hood of the habit the two dark eyes blinked once as they absorbed the words of the otter like a sponge. One of the beasts eyes opened a little more indicating an eyebrow had been risen “You are an otter are you not, what reason do I have to deny you entrance?”

"I will even surrender my weapons if necessary, if you forbid weapons here."

The shadow beneath the habit shrugged “Nay, as long as you have peaceful intentions I see no reason in taking your armaments.”
The shadow bolted down the steps of the wall, its light frame allowing for a impressive speed of movement despite the lack of being muscular. As it reached the bottom of the steps a black paw went up to the hood and the creature whistled across the abbey grounds before running to the main gates which it unlocked and opened enough for a single beast to come through “It would be necessary for me to observe your paws for no… you are injured?”
The black orbs under the hood blinked a few times as she looked at the otter’s side.

OOC: Yes, it's great!

Vargon gazed at the hooded beast before nodding slowly, he grimaced. "Yes, I was wounded four days ago when I was fighting a ferret and his band. I fixed it up as good as I could but, I'm no healer. I don't think it's too bad, but I haven't really had time to take care of it." He smiled thinly and asked, "Can I come in now?"

Views