Danker was heading down to see the famous Redwall Abby.He has never seen it before.He has,however,heard many rumors among the clan he lived in that the Abby was full of fierce warriors that would kill a vermin on sight.He,of course,new better than to listen to vermin rumors.He had many questions in his head such as "What are the creatures really like?Will they like me?Do they have any work that needs to be done?Did I remember to get those prickle berries out of my tail?"He figured he find out when he got there.
Ten minutes later he saw a creature in the distance.He ran to meet him.

ooc:Any one who wants to join can.

Tristin St. Caens gazed through his crystal monocle at the figure approaching rather rapidly.  He snorted mirthlessly.  The last thing he needed on a beautiful day like today was some rudebeast barging in on his poetic muses.  He stomped a moody footpaw on a passing beetle, who had the momentary illusion that it was raining feet.  After this rather unkind action Tristin began to feel rather kinder towards the approaching stranger.  Who knew?  Perhaps it was a well bred soul like himself with whom he could share a warm fire, his last dregs of  Fichtcastle Bitter, and a song that evening.  He was often lonely on his journeys to Redwall, and a fellow creature might be just the ticket to make the afternoon pass pleasantly away.

And if he was an evilbeast?  Tristin banished the thought from his mind as the happy realization that his rapier had vanquished many a marauder (And removed the noses of a score of forest robbers…) hit him.  He did, after all, need the practice.  The kind Redwallers didn't often look kindly on swordplay between a weasel and an unwilling straw mannequin out on their Abbey lawn, however harmless Tristin argued that it was.

Life was good.

Danker finally caught up with the creature."A weasel huh?He looks like a fairly good beast,but I won't find out unless I talk to him."He thought."Hello weasel,I am Danker Ristol.I'm heading to Redwall to look for work and a good place to stay a while."He then dropped his daggers and iron ball and rope on the ground next to him,to show he means peace.Unfortunately,he dropped the iron ball on his foot paw."AHH!OHHH!GAHH,today is not my day!"He said in pain.

Tristin flashed a friendly smile, and layed his rapier and poigniard on the ground.   "What ho, Danker!  I commonly go by Tristin St. Caens.  It is my born name, to be precise."  He removed his eyeglass from his waistcoat pocket and began to polish it thoughtfully on his chest fur.  "Redwall, eh?  You look like an honest enough creature.  I happen to be journeying Redwall ways myself right now.  I always head there around the autumn apple harvest.  Perhaps we could make the rest of the journey together…  For the sake of mutual comradeship and protection against marauders, you know?  I am rather good friends with Abbot (OOC: Got any good ideas for a name?) and would be able to put in a good word for you."

The weasel took out a pipe and a small tobacco pouch.  "Do you mind awfully if I smoke?"

He was glad to see he was friendly and was quickly over his foot."No not at all.Yeah it sounds pretty nice heading over there with you.Sounds like a good idea since this being my first time seeing the abby.Might be easier for me if they see me with a familiar face now wouldn't it?"Danker was overjoyed to make a friend.He has been rather lonely for some time.He picked his weapons up seeing they were in a ant line.

ooc:How about "The Wandering Warriors"?

OOC:  Oops, I forgot about Danker's foot… Tristin sometimes is so busy looking at the world through his monocle that he misses some pretty obvious stuff.  🙂  Oh, and when I asked about the name, I was wondering if you had any good ideas for the name of the Abbot.  But Wandering Warriors sounds good for our roaming duo.

IC:  Tristin lit his pipe with his eyeglass and inhaled.  After an alarmingly long time he let the smoke trickle out of his nostrils, and gave a happy chuckle.  "I think that a traveling companion is just what I have been needing..." He picked up his rapier and poigniard and sheathed them.  "But if we are to reach Redwall before twilight we had better start on our way... Nobody likes night better than highway robbers, and I don't exactly feel like killing anybeast tonight."

As they began to walk down the dusty path, the weasel removed a stoneware flask from his traveler's sack and opened it.    "I say, you look frightfully thirsty... Would you care for a nip of bitter?"

ooc:How about Danyel Draco?

bic:He was very thirsty,but he had never had bitter before.He knew it could make a creature drunk if they they had too much so he was a bit wary drinking it."Alright I'll try some."He took a small sip only enough to get his throat wet."Whoa…...tha-....that's strong!"He handed the drink back to Tristin and started couphing.Tears were steaming down his face"Goodness!I don't know why those other beasts drank this back home!Whooo,that burned a little,but thanks any ways.Its nice to get that dry feeling out of your throat ya know?"He got his breath back and began walking down the path with his new found friend.

OOC: Abbot Draco… Hmm... I LIKE IT.   Oh, and bitter is a nutbrown beer brewed from barley, roasted malt, oak (I think) hops, and hard water (among other things.)  Since it burned Danker's throat, we shall assume that this bitter was mulled and seasoned with hotroot.

IC:   Tristin found Danker's reaction to the beverage fearfully amusing.  He laughed rather rudely for some minutes before regaining his composure.  "I rather think that I should have given you water...  In any case I will now.  It will make your throat feel rather nicer than the last liquid that I gave you."  He handed the fox a canvas pouch of water, at the same time discreetly drawing his poigniard and sliding it under his waistcoat.  "Don't look now, fellow traveler, but I feel that we are being followed.  I would suggest readying your knives for quick service if I were you.  But be quiet about it.  I would rather end this day at Redwall than stripped and bloody in yonder ditch."

He took a big gulp of water that greatly soothed his throat."Thanks for the water and warning." He put his paws in his waist coat pockets where his daggers and a secret item are held.The item was a fragile clay pot filled with strong peppers and hot roots."What you say if things become chaotic Tristin?"

Tristin mused momentarily.  "If things become chaotic?  How good are you at scrapping?"  The weasel laid a seemingly casual paw on the hilt of his rapier.  "If you are good, then dish it out in lumps.  If not, let my rapier do the talking.  Hark!  Hear you that?"  Tristin and Danker slowed their pace instinctively as an almost imperceptible rustling made itself heard in the undergrowth on the far side of the ditch.  "Eh, it sounds almost like a serpent.  This is indeed most blasted luck."  Tristin hated snakes, and wasn't afraid to admit it.  He grimaced as his stomach twisted itself into a knot at the idea of engaging in combat a worm that may or may not be poisonous but was almost certainly intent on squeezing the life out of him.     He paused.  "Or is it a serpent?  I think that I do not smell the fearful odor that serpents usually betide…"

Danker checked the wind to see if it was blowing forward.Then he looked in the direction of the rustling.He whispered when he talked."That is a rope.Tristin I think were being lead into an ambush."He looked into the bushes and was certain he saw some figures in them.He herd clanking and knew that they'd be in a battle soon,and with what sounds like a squad of six."Get ready Tristin its going to ugly soon."

ooc:You think we should make up the squad?Ya know don't give them names just like the leader and a fellow squad member spoke becase like only two or three will talk.

OOC: Sorry for all this out of character posting.   Yes, I actually thought out the adversaries last night, but couldn't upload them until now due to college.   :3

BIC:   In the foliage on the forest side of the ditch, Skerv the rat and his five companions watched the two travelers converse.  They had camouflaged themselves with dark forest mud and loam and were armed with an unsettling array of crude weaponry, ranging from sharpened metal stakes to modified farm implements.  The rat and his small retinue of vermin spent their lives roaming the aphotic regions of Mossflower, festering and scheming up new terrors to visit upon the more reclusive and vulnerable inhabitants of the woods.  The evil band rarely ventured this far East, but pickings had become scarce deeper in Mossflower as woodsdwellers had started clanning together for protection.

Skerv looked at a big ferret with a heavily scarred face and winked a glistening eye.  “A potty weasel and a young fox, eh?  This promises to be an easy slaughter."  The rat licked cracked lips.  "It's been too long since I've tasted young blood.  Let’s gut us some gentlebeasts…”  The ferret smiled wickedly and gave a gurgling snicker that spoke of terrible throat injuries.  “Aye, I think that a dead weasel’s pipe will be just the thing to go with a fresh meal.  Let's go, I'm ready to do some killing!”

Winks were passed back and forth and weapons were licked as the vermin prepared to spring their ambuscade.

He heard the direction of the voices and the wind was just right. "Ugh,how droll."The wind picked up and he took out his pots.He crushed the pots in his paw and threw the powder into the bushes and the contints hit one of the rats.The blinding concoction of peppers and hot roots went down his throat and into his eyes."Ha,look at the beauty that is my season long blinding powder.If you don't get it out of your eyes that is how long you go blind."Danker explained.He then drew his ball and rope and started swinging it beside him."Bunch of idiots."He proclaimed.

The rat screamed in agony and groped madly at his face as the alkalis in the powder reached his mucous membranes.  With an angry snarl, Skerv launched himself out of the forest and over the ditch, followed by his barbarous followers.

Tristin whipped out his rapier and poigniard and poised himself for combat.  "Stand fast, Danker, this is going to be hot!"

"What an ugly little crew this is.Lets see,five untrained beasts with very crude weapons that want to kill and potentially eat us.Do you have any words you wish to say before you die?"Even though Danker didn't like to kill he knew that if these creatures weren't done away with right now,they would kill countless other beasts.

"Well, I know that many beasts have said this before me, but what does it matter?  I regret nothing."  Tristin's rapier flickered as he relieved a rat of a hatchet and then pinioned him at the base of the throat with his poigniard.  "Somehow, I think that we are going to see the sunset today, young fox.  These vermin possess fighting skills that do not match their savagery."   The weasel parried a downward swing from Skerv before lunging forward and flicking off the rat's left ear with an almost casual motion.   "It would seem that evensong at Redwall is still a worthy goal for us, think you not?"

"Sorry,I was talking to the beasts."Danker said while removing a pitch fork with his iron ball and crashing it down on the rats head."This is just pitiful Tristin.These vermin wouldn't make a corpse feint."He said while launching his ball into the chest of another rat.

OOC: The vermin are open chars, and there are only two left that aren't down, Skerv and the ferret.  You can play them too, if you so desire.  🙂

BIC: "Ahh.  No offense taken.  Yerss, pitiful seems to describe it.  Oh, blast!"

Skerv grinned wildly as he laid open the stupid weasel's left shoulder with his long rice knife, causing him to drop his long dagger.  He leaped into the air in order to put all his weight into a thrust designed to skewer the weasel from above.  "Eeeaaaghh!!!  Your time has come, weasel!"

The big ferret laughed hideously as he pressed his attack on Danker.  "You are mine, worthless one.  I'll make you pay tenfold for killing Skreeg!"   He deflected Danker's ball and chain with a  flailing rod and prepared to gut the young fox with his billhook.  "What a shame for you to have to die so miserably, so young!  Haghaghaghagh!"

When Danker saw Tristin get cut he snapped.He drew his daggers and let out a high pitched blood curdling scream."Raaaaaaaahhhhhh!Your all going to die for that!"He threw his daggers,both hit a rats chest.He grabbed his rope and drew his attention to the ferret that injured his friend.He swung his iron ball hard and actually removed his head.With no more enemies,he dropped his weapon and went to his friend.Danker was crying hysterically when got to Tristin."Are you okay?Don't die,please don't die!"

OOC: Actually Skerv the rat injured Tristin.  But what the heck?

BIC:  Tristin was somewhat taken aback at the display that his young friend had put on.  "I say, I wanted to kill that blasted rat.  You haven't seen me in my element before.  I was just getting warmed up… Had you not stepped in I would have carved him into twenty-four pretty pieces before he even hit the ground."  Tristin became graver.  "But thanks awfully for saving  my life.  Who knows?  Everybody makes a first mistake, and nobody knows but that he may have overpowered me while I was momentarily distracted with my wound."

The weasel's expression became contemptuous.  "Don't worry, I won't die.  The rat couldn't use a blade to save his life... A shoulder cut?  Faugh! Pooh!  Bah!  Barely enough blood to satisfy a confounded mosquito...."  The weasel started to tear his blouse into strips.  "But I suppose that we had better dress this, or Sister Arnica will have fifty-seven conniptions once we reach the abbey."

Views