What I'm asking about is, do you guys know anyone in your actual life (not on the internet) that reads the Redwall series too?

I was thinking about this at school, when I started my Spanish class for the next two semesters. The teacher went around the room and told us to say our names and a little about us (even though we all spent 18 weeks together in Home EC.). When it came to my turn, the things I said about myself came to the point where our teacher asked me,"So, what's your favorite book series?" I said Redwall, of course, and this happened-

"Oh, Redwall!" said Justin, a fellow classmate. "Do you mean with the- the" and he gestured with his arms with what I think looked like waving a sword about. "The one with the squirrels-"

"The mice."

"Yeah! The mice!"

He's never read the series, but I know that there's at least two others in my art class, and one other at my church, but that's it. Anyone you guys know?

Yes I know several people that do let me see. If you count my bro then 3.

It was actually my friends in elementary school that got me into the Redwall series. They were all talking about it and I hadn't read it yet. Eventually, I got my hands on a book and I like the Redwall series now.

My Redwall history:
_______________________________________________________________________________I, being in a Latin-American setting, have a complete lack of people who have interest in either books, or the genre.

I've recommended it to every book-reading friend I have(and then some), but either they don't like it, or their not interested.

Needless to say, I've been in a small state of depression about it, untill I found Redwall fan sites.
Then it happened.
I ended up in a site where no one understood me, I was treated rudely for some of my more complex English terms, even though I, as stated above, am Latin-American and live in a primarily Spanish culture..
So, yes, I've been shunned, verbally beaten and the suchlike..

I faded into the life of a quasi-hermit. The eighth grade. I had close to no friends, virtual or tangible. I went to reading and building Legos as my whole life. I was called out many times by those beside me for rummaging in my Lego bin after finishing my work early.
My classmates spoke with dirty minds, and I only had a friend or two.

My life was nothing, I was falling through despair, with only Redwall books and Legos, and a little role-playing experience.
I pictured myself as a slave on an island such as Terramort of Riftgard...
That's where I got my character idea, the Skivvy: the slave.

One day, I found a strange site called Redwall's Legacy.
I decided to give it a try. A few members were there... Jared Sandeye, Hon Florion..I think..and perhaps a few others. They can vouch how I first came, timid and weak in a sense..

But now things have gotten better, and, although I'm still in some of the same condition, I'm in a different class, and site, it's not half as bad anymore.

I thank you all, at least, for being friendly, even when no one else has been.

Guess I sorta opened up there, huh?

Who knew an internet site could do so much? Well, I hope your life improves soon, Cedric.

I too tend to throw myself into books when I'm going through a tough time. ^-^

A friend from church got me interested in redwall, he lent me two book a week so I took my time going through then. Not that I could help it :P.

@Cedric:

My Redwall history:
_______________________________________________________________________________I, being in a Latin-American setting, have a complete lack of people who have interest in either books, or the genre.

I've recommended it to every book-reading friend I have(and then some), but either they don't like it, or their not interested.

Needless to say, I've been in a small state of depression about it, untill I found Redwall fan sites.
Then it happened.
I ended up in a site where no one understood me, I was treated rudely for some of my more complex English terms, even though I, as stated above, am Latin-American and live in a primarily Spanish culture..
So, yes, I've been shunned, verbally beaten and the suchlike..

I faded into the life of a quasi-hermit. The eighth grade. I had close to no friends, virtual or tangible. I went to reading and building Legos as my whole life. I was called out many times by those beside me for rummaging in my Lego bin after finishing my work early.
My classmates spoke with dirty minds, and I only had a friend or two.

My life was nothing, I was falling through despair, with only Redwall books and Legos, and a little role-playing experience.
I pictured myself as a slave on an island such as Terramort of Riftgard...
That's where I got my character idea, the Skivvy: the slave.

One day, I found a strange site called Redwall's Legacy.
I decided to give it a try. A few members were there... Jared Sandeye, Hon Florion..I think..and perhaps a few others. They can vouch how I first came, timid and weak in a sense..

But now things have gotten better, and, although I'm still in some of the same condition, I'm in a different class, and site, it's not half as bad anymore.

I thank you all, at least, for being friendly, even when no one else has been.

ahhh…you are always welcomed here.

And you play with Legos?

I LOVE LEGOS! I have 4 12X12 boxes full of legos!

Is that 12foot X 12foot?

I don't think so..

@ Dotti, my life isn't all that bad anymore, seriously.
But, yes, I read when I'm pressured.

My autism presentation camera guy likes Redwall. He's a high school senior.

ummm.. i know a couple other kids in my middle school.. but thats about it…

One of my friends reads it, but that's about it. One of my other friends gets annoyed when I talk about Redwall because I talk about it so much… teehee...

My friend got me onto it :D. And one of my cousins like it.

@Sparhawk:

Is that 12foot X 12foot?

Yup…be jealous. Very jealous. 😄

I don't know anybody in real life right now, at least, who I've talked Redwall with. A cousin of mine has hardcover version of The Legend of Luke and Lord Brocktree on his bookshelf (and yeah I am pretty jealous because they're awesome and all I have is softcover) and I'll probably bring it up when I'm visiting down there, but I live in Minnesota and he lives in Louisiana, so there's some… complications with that.

A while back, though, my whole group of school friends was huge on Redwall. We read all the books, talked about it all the time, and at recess we had a little Redwall club where we'd choose a representative Redwall character. I was Martin the Warrior so I was obviously cool, and I should probably go digging for a Shrinky-Dink keychain I made with a broken sword on it, because that thing was just cool.

^Fellow Minnesotan right here.  I'm in Duluth (coolest city in the world, I might add).  Where you at?

Yeah, I don't know many people personally who are huge on redwall, except my brother and sister.  My main contacts outside of them are people on deviantART…

Every body I know doesn't even know the books and Dahlonega Georgia is the best.

I'm located in the suburbs in the general Twin Cities area, but I made a trip to Duluth last summer. It's very, very nice up there.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you, also - My only Redwall contacts are online. Maybe that'll change when I go to a new school this fall, but I'm still glad to have people to talk about the books with again, as it's been well over five years since I've done so.

Views