Number 1:   (answered by: Cyber  )
So there is a argument between two people, they are arguing who has the fastest horse, one person comes up and says, "Whoevers  horse reaches the town center last wins!"
so the two people ran to the barn and took off at a gallop to the center of town.

Hold on….."Who's horse reaches the fountain last wins?" how is this going to work out?

Number 2: (answered by Sparkhawk)

A son and his father entered a sword-wielding tournament. The son knew that his father was a much better fighter than he, and looked forward to proving himself with a blade. During the tournament, his father suffers a mortal wound that unfortunately he dies by. Furious and wanting revenge, the son faces his father's murderer. The son defends his honor by defeating his opponent. However, by a twist of fate, the son suffers a terrible gash to the chest. As he is carried into the medical tent, the doctor rushes forward and exclaims, “By the Protector, that's my son!"

How is this possible?

Number 3:  (Answered by: Cyber)
You are walking through the streets of town, watching the dark alleyways warily and knowing that at any second someone – or something – could jump out at you. You keep your hand on your weapon, knowing all too well that using violence may be the only path to assure your survival. The thought is not comforting.

You continue up the road and suddenly hear a noise. The alleyway is too dark for you too see. Just as you are about to investigate closer another noise fills your ears. A wagon is heading in your direction! There is no moon out and all the lights have been extinguished! Your heart jumps to your throat. With no light illuminating his path, there was surely no way he could stop in time. Time slows as the wagon heads straight for you. You close your eyes and…

Nothing. The wagon shoots by you and you stare in disbelief.

Despite these circumstances, how was the wagon driver able to see you and therefore pass by without incident?

Number 4: (answered first by Sparkhawk)

One day you are exploring the area around Redwall when you come across a wide stream, too deep to wade through. On the other side, you see a farmer with a small boat, with only enough room for himself and one item. By his side, you see three items sitting: a fox, a goose, and a bag of corn. "Hello, stranger!" he calls across the stream. "Perhaps you can help me with my problem?" You agree, and he explains.

"I'm trying to take my fox, goose, and corn to market, but I can only carry one of them in the boat at a time. I need to get all three across the stream, but if I leave the fox alone with the goose, he'll eat her. If I leave the corn alone with the goose, she'll eat it too! Can you help me work out how to get all three across the stream without any being eaten?"

You scratch your head and puzzle over the problem. There is no bridge handy, and the nearest ford is miles from here. You need to get on with your journey, so you cannot watch the fox or goose for the farmer while he is on the other side. What can the farmer do?

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!

I love riddles! I sometimes like to make up my own.

Number 1: I don't know. You got me stumped.

That is the whole point! 😄

The answer to 4# is: First you take the duck over, then take the the grain over and bring the duck back, then take the fox over, come back and take the over duck, and you are done!

Well done Sparhawk!

gives a cookie to Sparhawk A cookie for you!

Take the cookie and bows to the applause of the audience Thank ye kindly!

The answer to 2# is: The doctor is his mother.
The answer to 3# is: You are carrying a torch.?

P.S. If you have a mortal wound it means you are going to die. Like if you have a fatal disease it means you are going to die. So saying, "he suffers a mortal wound that unfortunately he dies by" is redundant.

Well Riddle Solver…that is how I put it. 😄 Not going to change, besides, I think the boy is a vampire. 😄

Hey good jobs on #2, BUT number 3 is wrong!

Oh well, I tried! Maybe I should leave some for someone else anyway.

For number one, the jump on each others' horse.  Therefore, the one whom reaches town last has lost, because he was riding the other person's horse.

I see I missed two of them, and the last one confuses me. I shall have to think more on it.

Number 3….

Your weapon is seen?  If it is a sword then maybe it could be seen as a shiny metal object no matter if there is light to glint off it or not....I guess?

@CyberStormAlpha:

For number one, the jump on each others' horse.  Therefore, the one whom reaches town last has lost, because he was riding the other person's horse.

I see I missed two of them, and the last one confuses me. I shall have to think more on it.

It seems to me like guy 1# won 'cause guy 2# is riding 1#'s horse and 2# got to the TC first. Therefore 1#, won! Did anyone get that?

TJ: Number 4: (answered first by Sparkhawk)

One day you are exploring the area around Redwall when you come across a wide stream, too deep to wade through. On the other side, you see a farmer with a small boat, with only enough room for himself and one item. By his side, you see three items sitting: a fox, a goose, and a bag of corn. "Hello, stranger!" he calls across the stream. "Perhaps you can help me with my problem?" You agree, and he explains.

"I'm trying to take my fox, goose, and corn to market, but I can only carry one of them in the boat at a time. I need to get all three across the stream, but if I leave the fox alone with the goose, he'll eat her. If I leave the corn alone with the goose, she'll eat it too! Can you help me work out how to get all three across the stream without any being eaten?"

You scratch your head and puzzle over the problem. There is no bridge handy, and the nearest ford is miles from here. You need to get on with your journey, so you cannot watch the fox or goose for the farmer while he is on the other side. What can the farmer do?
–--------------------------------
That riddle I know but Sparhawk answered it, it's an old one.

I've seen it before, but it took me a minute or two to remember the solution. 😛

@Hon:

Number 3….

Your weapon is seen?  If it is a sword then maybe it could be seen as a shiny metal object no matter if there is light to glint off it or not....I guess?

wrong…..try again. 😄

I'm thinking it's broad daylight for #3, and as you're not stated being in the alleyways…

Congrats Cyber! You got #3 right!

i was gonna say it was during the daytime but got thrown off by "no light illuminating the path"

well done!

  • 18
    Posts
  • 1704
    Views