Here's a quote from Brian Jacques's official Redwall site:

"The Sable Quean

Brian Jacques has written another Redwall adventure. It's called The Sable Quean and it will be published by PPI in the USA in September or October 2009   January 2010.

The spelling of Quean is not a typing error! Quean is an Old English word for a female cat."

Yes, I put a strikethrough because they changed the date. Anyways, I can't wait for the next Redwall book! Yippee!!!!!!!!!

me niether ❤ !  i hope it has squirrels >.>

I can't wait to read that.

I liked the way Doomwyte looked. I hope this turns out the same way.

Has anyone on here read it yet?

I didn't. Was it worth the read? Did BJ move away from the stereo typical stuff? I just haven't been able to find it at the library. It is pretty backed up. Still.

Stereotypical? Do you mean how vermin are always bad and have huge egos and the good beasts are always just, fair and better than the vermin?

Well, the bad guys weren't the typical "NEED SLAVES" or "WANT REDWALL" type.

Actually, Fell, now that I think about it … ALL the bad guys in Redwall were like that; from conquerors to raiders and everything in between. Why can't we have a bad guy who is actually good at tactics, a strategist, calm, trains his horde/army properly, has an air of grace, brave, know what I mean? The only bad guy that fits into this category could be Ublaz, but in the end, he proved to be a coward.

Actually, in Doomwyte they weren't like that. They were forest terrorists. XD

I thought that Swart Sixclaw was better then most.

@JetFang:

Actually, Fell, now that I think about it … ALL the bad guys in Redwall were like that; from conquerors to raiders and everything in between. Why can't we have a bad guy who is actually good at tactics, a strategist, calm, trains his horde/army properly, has an air of grace, brave, know what I mean? The only bad guy that fits into this category could be Ublaz, but in the end, he proved to be a coward.

I know. If a group of woodlanders can defeat armies, somewhere along the lines, the training regiment got screwed up.

I'd like to see a Redwall book with a cliffhanger.

Yeah same! Cliffhangers would be awesome for an epic series such as Redwall.

i have read doomwyte i own the whole series 😉 🙂

Doomwyte was awesome.

SPOILER ALERT.

Well, not really spoilers, per se, but …
I liked how the story had the main characters fighting against nature for once instead of other vermin. It was most enjoyable to read Doomwyte. I hope The Sable Quean is even more better.

Yup. An awesome book.
And I hope Sable Quean is even more better too. 😄

I think the theme of good prevails should stay, actually. It occurs in every single book in the series. I think the problem lies in the story lines itself – certain events have similarities that repeat themselves again and again in other books. For example, riddles and puzzles (it happened in Doomwyte, but the action dominated the riddles) and main character becomes Abbess/Abbot or Redwall Champion (happened in Taggerung, but once again, the action dominated this repetitive plot). Also, the vermin warlord/conqueror trying to take over Redwall Abbey/Salamandastron with the leaders all having virtually the same personality.

Well, I heard from the site there's going to be a warrior mole in this one- that's a little unusual. I think this book will be a good read- something a bit different!

I don't think its TOO unusual.  Which book was it that had the mole maid with the sling? she was TECHNICALLY a warrior 😣  *unless this one is going to have sword/armor and the like o.O *

Views