Raav:Raav(Ferret)

Personality: Somewhat shy, but friendly once you meet him. He procrastinates, and is easy-going and lazy. He isn't violent but believes that peace cannot come until their is violence.

Appearance: He is a lightly built, short, and aging ferret. His black fur has small patches of grayish silver, giving him a faint spotted look. Wears small spectacles.

Biography: Raav is part of a nomadic Ferret clan, that's name is known only to those in the clan. (It is dishonorable to tell the clan name to strangers) Raav was born the 18th son. In the clan, there are typically 4 leaders, the 14th son is the overall general ruler. The 13th born son is the Leader's Aide and personal advisor. The 15th and 16th born sons are shunned, and exiled.  The 17th born son is the military advisor, and the 18th born son is the outsider advisor.  The Outsider Advisor is somewhat like a foreign affairs official.
As soon as Raav could leave the clan, he did. He wandered for a short while, until he came upon the small seaside village of Rugbark.  For a short while, he lived at Rugbark. Eventually, people began to leave the village, until it was a few people.  At times, Raav would mysteriously disappear. During the fall, Raav heard about a wandering clan of ferrets near the village, and went to investigate, thinking it was his clan. It was, and he overjoyed. He met up with old friends,  and met a ferret maid, Eleena, about a season younger than him. They started a family, and had a child and, as of current, are expecting one.  Raav stayed with his clan, and in the joyous aftermath of the marriage, he had forrgotten Rugbark. He rushed back to the village to tell them of the news, but arrived to a quiet village. He searched the village, and found no trace of them. He quietly locked the door of his hut, and left the village.

An aging ferret, and a young ferret babe plod down a path. The older ferret adjusts his spectacles, and looks at the younger ferret, hopping about, looking at everything. The old ferret smiles, and turns to look at a rotting sign, and a feeling of Deja Vu rushes over him. He notices the sign. It says Rugbark. "Come on, Deevit." The old ferret says. He rushes as fast as his aging legs will take him to a grouping of huts. He walks over to a moderate stone hut. He takes a key from a small pouch. He inserts the keys into the door, and it slowly creeks open. Joyous memories flood into his mind, and quickly overwhelm him. He walks in, and sits down. The dusty room, only home to cobwebs and a single painting, above an unlit fireplace. He stands up, and walks to the back. He opens a door to a bedroom. A window on the back wall had been broken in. Things smashed but nothing of value stolen. He returns to the main room. He looks up at the painting. A handsome male ferret, and a beautiful female ferret. He smiles. He sits down in front of the fireplace, pulls out some Flint and a small knife. He strikes the flint with the blade, and creates a small spark. It catches some old wood in the fireplace aflame. He yawns and sits down. "Deevit. Do you know who they are?" The older ferret says to the babe. He jumps up and down yelling "Gampa! Gama!" The older ferret laughs and says "Right. That's grandma and granddad!" He stands up, and sighs.
He reaches in his pocket, and pulls out some small shells. He drops them on the floor. He grabs a bucket of sand, that was next to the fireplace, and pour some slowly on the fire, effectively smothering the fire. He sighs and a small tear falls from his eye and lands on the dusty floor. He perks up as he faintly hears "Raav!" He rushes outside, and yells "Hello?! Hello?!" Only the wind responds… "Come on, Deevit. Lets get back to your mother and your little brother." Deevit claps his hands together, happily. Raav exits the small hut, and locks it behind him. As he exits, he notices a pregnant ferret maid come walking down the path. He rushes over to her. "Dearest! You shouldn't be walking around!" The ferret maid smiles and says "You always were caring." Raav smiles, and Deevit screams happily "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Raav chuckles and picks up Deevit for his wife, Eleena. They all laugh, and walk off as the sun begins to lower.

(continuing from this…)
Raav pulls a small cart along the dirt path, slightly north of Redwall Abbey, with Eleena, Deevit, and a small owl  in it.
"Raav, you really mustn't strain yourself." Eleena says, concerned for Raav's wellbeing.
"Nonsense! All four of you are light as a feather! I pulled a cartload of 6 badgers through Mossflower! Don't believe me? Just ask Cheechi."
The owl, who had been slumbering for a good a while, perks up and says "You never pulled a single badger through Mossflower. You carried a vole through a  mossy, flowery, meadow."
"Oh quiet you." Raav says, playfully irritated. "and get your feathery rear up, and fly to the Abbey. Tell them we're coming. Go on, you lazy featherbag."  Cheechi groans and flies off into the horizon.
Cheechi lands on the battlements, and hoots loudly, to attempt to get the attention of a Redwaller....

And all the rest

Raav:Eleena(Ferret)

Personality: She's very out-going, and makes friends easily. She loves good food, and loves to read. She isn't very good at cooking, and thus, Raav cooks. She is very caring, and kind.

Appearance: She is a little bit taller than Raav.  She wears a tattered and patched dress, passed down from her mother. She has brown fur, and a black patch over her right eye.

History: Eleena was born with the wandering Clan, 5 years after Raav. She lived with the clan and learned to cook and sew and other things women were taught in the clan. She never caught onto cooking, nor sewing. When she was 24 she met Raav, whom was 29 at the time. They married, and Eleena gave birth to Deevit when she was 32. They then moved back to Rugbark Village, and found it deserted. Then they packed up what belongings Raav had there, and left for Redwall.

Raav:Deevit(Ferret)

Personality: Childish, and a troublemaker. He loves to throw mud and everything else, naughty dibbuns love to do.

Apperance: He has full black fur, with a brown patch over his left eye. He wears a small tricorne (Pirate hat, arrrgh.)

History: Deevit was born 5 years ago, and lived shortly with the wandering clan, before leaving for Rugbark, then to Redwall with his family.

Raav:Cheechi(Owl)

Personality:  Often described as a hare with feathers and wings, he loves to eat. Living up to his hare status even more, he is a fierce fighter. He is brave. He never backs down to a fight, any fight. Even those that he can't win.

History: When Cheechi was about 16, he got into a fight with a couple rats he couldn't win. Raav and Eleena found him, and nursed him back to health. From that day, he swore to protect Raav, Eleena, and Deevit.

I'm not sure where to go with this, Raav.  On the one paw, I don't think I know much about the character.  On the other paw, I find it a fair read, and it shows a lot of time and work put into it.

I must point something out about this post. You are writing in the present tense. Writing like that makes for a hard read, because the style is a past tense, if you know what I mean.

An aging ferret, and a young ferret babe plod down a path. The older ferret adjusts his spectacles, and looks at the younger ferret

There was a problem with the transition there, and it really threw me off. If you say, "A aging ferret and a young ferret babe plodded down the path. The older ferret adjusted his spectacles and looked at the younger ferret." Did that seem simpler to you? The majority of the posts will be in the past tense, unless some beast is speaking.

You don't have to listen to me here, just a suggestion. Please tell me though, if you find it irritating.

@CyberStormAlpha:

I'm not sure where to go with this, Raav.  On the one paw, I don't think I know much about the character.  On the other paw, I find it a fair read, and it shows a lot of time and work put into it.

I know, I forgot to include a lot, but it's been a while before I've roleplayed. I'll make edits to it when I get some more stressful things dealt with.

@Creigon:

I must point something out about this post. You are writing in the present tense. Writing like that makes for a hard read, because the style is a past tense, if you know what I mean.

An aging ferret, and a young ferret babe plod down a path. The older ferret adjusts his spectacles, and looks at the younger ferret

There was a problem with the transition there, and it really threw me off. If you say, "A aging ferret and a young ferret babe plodded down the path. The older ferret adjusted his spectacles and looked at the younger ferret." Did that seem simpler to you? The majority of the posts will be in the past tense, unless some beast is speaking.

You don't have to listen to me here, just a suggestion. Please tell me though, if you find it irritating.

Like I said, I haven't roleplayed. My past/present/future tense…..muscle thingys haven't had a good workout for a while.
Most of my time has been spent pondering on where certain things are in my room.

It's all cool. I understand that.

Updated the profile a bit.

Added Eleena, Deevit, and Cheechi because they're becoming more major characters.

Views