Flytermo: Lashikin (squirrel)

Lashiken is a lone, wandering rouge.  He lives on his on in tree huts that he builds with his own bare paws, and he relocates himself from time to time to hold to his "wandering" reputation.  His weapons of choice are a long wooden pole, a harness of small daggers/knives and a miniature grapple.  He travels light and lives off the land; and despite his slightly harsh living conditions, he is a great friend and ally to have by your side.  Always a logical and tricky thinker, he is quiet most of the time and only speaks a lot when necessary.  At the moment he is planning a first-time visit to the Abby of Redwall, curious of its culinary arts from the tales he has heard and having only eaten off the land for most of his life.

edit: Lashiken carries the combination of pole/daggers/mini grapple for the case of he likes to always be ready for almost any situation.  He likes to prepare things ahead of time, and is a "look before you leap" kind of being(didn't know wether to say person/guy/etc.)
          Despite these things Lashiken has quite a flaw that influences most of his adventures.  Not only has he never learned Literature, but, like a mole, he is deathly afraid of water.  He enjoys rather high views and elevated places, he will also settle for the flat of the land.  But don't expect that placing him anywhere near a boat will be an easy task…

(a red squirrel to specify)
(im not sure if this is against the rules or not but, i dont really plan on lashikin ever dieing 😧  of old age of course, but not premature, he is sort of like one of my actual fan chars of redwall and it would stink if he had to die XD  I'm perfectly fine with sickness/near death experiences and mortally wounded states o.o but dieing, plz no, lol.)
(I will make more chars, definatly, those of which i would be perfectly fine with killing off if need be.)
(again, idk if this is against rules are not, if it is, please let me know 😧 )

edit: (I hope this qualifies, thank you X3''')

Welcome to RL, Flytermo! Happy Posting!
    Lashikin (Lash-Eek-In?) sounds like an interesting chara, but one thing we try to stress here it strength of character. And one thing the strengthens a character more han few other things is a truly deliberating weakness. Not something like "he shouts a lot" or "he's sad a lot," but rather; "He can't feel emotion," "He's deathly afraid of water" or something to that effect. Also, everybody has lots of smaller weaknesses and those would be good to include. (Ex, weapons he can't use, he's fat, he can't talk very well, he can't read of write…
    It's also important for the character to have a story. Where did he come from? Why does he carry a grapple hook? What's to pole for? Does he carry objects of great sentimentle value?
    Again, this is really good, but it can be better. If you can fix a few of these things, I would be happy to approve your chara profile. 😉

Hola! welcome to RL! I'm T/J.
If you need any help? Just message me!

That is a very good start. You should start RPing with him. We have plenty of topic openings here and any help we can get would be appreciated. Welcome to RL by the way! Just call me CQ. 😉

@flytermo:

(im not sure if this is against the rules or not but, i dont really plan on lashikin ever dieing 😧  of old age of course, but not premature, he is sort of like one of my actual fan chars of redwall and it would stink if he had to die XD  I'm perfectly fine with sickness/near death experiences and mortally wounded states o.o but dieing, plz no, lol.)

There's no rule against it, per se, but… Some things aren't survivable, and it is your job to play your character faithfully.  Things should be kept within the realm of 'realism' to the setting, also, with some allowances for storytelling.  However, if your character does something that would get any other beast killed, don't expect us to pull punches.

That being said, you can engineer threads ahead of time to make it less likely mortal wounds will befall your character.

sorry for late edit, i read the first post, and i will fix it up right now O.O

latest post: What do you mean by
"That being said, you can engineer threads ahead of time to make it less likely mortal wounds will befall your character."

lol i dont know how to quote things yet |D

S'okay. It the BBC for it is [ quote ] and [ /quote ]
    You could try clicking "preview" or just "Reply" and the options on top will let you do cool stuff like quoting, page-breaking, "spoilering", smily…ing.... (?) and stuff like that. 🙂

Lashiken is awesome. XD He sounds cool. 😉

@flytermo:

latest post: What do you mean by
"That being said, you can engineer threads ahead of time to make it less likely mortal wounds will befall your character."

You may be able to plan out the plot of the thread before you get involved into it, so that you can work to keep your character from being killed.

Views