Quest to Sampetra Discussion

This thread is for discussing the thread "Quest to Sampetra." Technically, this isn't a roleplay thread, and it should probably go in the general discussion area, but I feel it would be better to keep it in close proximity to the main thread. If the admins/moderators feel it would be better to move it to a different area, feel free.

Now, as I posted in the thread, here are the numbers for the force that arrived on Sampetra. Boy, that storm really took its toll…

In Urthpaw's group:
1 badger. 15 Long Patrol hares. 5 otters (from the ship crew). 2 mice. 1 hedgehog. That comes to a total of 24.

In Crumshire's group:
7 Long Patrol hares. 6 otters (from the ship crew). 1 mouse. 1 vole. 3 shrews. 18 all together.

Aside from them, there are 5 others missing. Presumed dead, but that's not for certain. And Treble, Kara, and Russ are of course on various parts of the island. That's the summary of the force of woodlanders that has survived until this point.

Also, I'm thinking of creating a rudimentary map of where everyone is currently on the island. The idea is that I'll update it fairly frequently to reflect what happens in the thread.

If you're talking about an actually picture map,  I could do a simple one in Paint on my computer.

But here are all of my charas.

In Craic's group:
7 otters.

On Craic's Ship:
13 otters.

I also have one otter in Annie's Tribe, Halfheart.

Yeah, it wasn't much trouble to make a map. Here's the one I just made:

If you want something added, or if you think something should be changed, just say so. I know there aren't supposed to be trees on Sampetra, but that's how we've been writing it, and so the trees will stay.

Sweet dude.

I'm just going to take it for granted that the ship wreck doubles as Craic's ship.

Actually, the shipwreck was intended to be Urthpaw's ship. ^_^ Would you like Craic's ship added in somewhere?

The ship wreck was where Craic's ship came in, so it's cool for now.

If you could add it in next time we re-summertime where everybody is, that would be fine.

Orion, with your permission, I would like to edit your Painted map to add in some other spots. I might also make a castle map, so stay tuned as well. 😄

Right.  Since the site was down for a while.  Now is a good time to recap on all that's happened.  Maybe someone right it out in story form or a fan fic.(that's just a random thought.)

BUT, atleast recap here.

Well … it's actually easier written than, well, written. The Quest is fairly large and it'll be hard trying to reconnect all of the events. Hard, but not impossible, but will take an incredibly long time.

I was to vague.  I must beg your pardon all.

What my meaning was little more than a basic outline.

I guess this is more for me than anything.  I shall do it myself.  Forget that I even brought it up.

Here's one way to do it: collect all of the posts that follow one person/group and put them in a word document. Then do that for all the other beasts/groups and integrate them. Or you can just put all the posts together in one document, rearrange them and then edit it all, but I think that would take longer.

Actually it might be easier to understand by getting the posts together and rearranging them. We could easily make it a nice fan-fiction, albeit one that was written by a lot of people. I wish I could do it, but I'm in the middle of writing a book myself plus homework for school is drastically piling up. Sorry.

I think it was actually Fate's job to turn the good threads into Fan-fic, but I could be wrong on that.
    BTW, cool, you're writing a book? What's it called? (Won't steal any names, OMH)

Now that you mention that name, I wonder what Fate is up to. We need her more now, especially with rebuilding RL.

And about the book – I don't have a name for it, yet. I'm still confused. Titles for that kind of stuff isn't really my thing. 🙂

Haha! I know what you mean.

I don't think that this is going to go anywhere anymore as far as this thread is concerned. I don't really want to read it because I am behind about six pages and Orion and Ensis aren't on anymore. Ensis will be gone for about three-four months. 😢 Not anything against this topic, but I would rather go and make one of my own RPs and get that going then try to resurrect a dead one. Just my opinion though…..

I think Quest to Sampetra can keep moving. We are allowed to auto-play Ensis' characters and Orion's characters can be held off for the time being. Currently, their all supposed to be asleep. At the moment, it's mainly Jet and me doing the posting there.

Terribly sorry about the wait, everyone. I've caught up in the story, but I think I'm going to put together a basic outline before I post. Unfortunately, I can't do it now, but I think tomorrow will work. Just bear with me a little longer, and then I'll get a post up. ^_^

OK, will be waiting for it. 😃

@Creigon:

Wow! That is a mouthful! How are we going to deal with Ensis not coming back until June though? School stuff and the like is going to detain him until then.

I believe Seth said we can auto his (Ensis) characters. There aren't very many of them - only seven not counting the ship. And the ship is kind of doing its own thing, sailing about the island, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Ok. I will see what I can do when I have the time.

Views