Flik skidded to a stop in the middle of the group. "They are coming. We have to go now or…." he caught sight of the large, hooded figure. "What in natures name?"

As much as she liked meeting new friends, Kiara would like to get out of here as soon as possible without death as a way out.
'All this of a little disk thing…' She thought as she felt the thing that she 'found' in the ground.
The mouse-maid shook her head. "I don't think we have time for introductions. If they're here to help, we can celebrate and get to know everyone later….I'd like to get out of here, sooner rather then later." She said looking from Garth to Flik.

Ripper forced himself to quiet down, nodding as he tried to straighten out his tail for a moment.  He always hated the fact that his fur would never sit just right after such a start.  After that moment, he decided it was more important to keep his hide in one piece than to risk it over his tail.  The fox slid a little closer to the mousemaid, not threateningly, but more like he wanted to talk quietly.

"Ripper doesn't like stripey-dogs," he said in a hushed whisper to Kiara.  "Mummy always said they were mean beasts."  The deranged fox gave a disapproving shake of his head.  "Still, Ripper knows that he can't help what he is.  Ripper just hopes he doesn't turn mean too soon."

Kiara turned to Ripper as he whispered to her. She jumped a little at the sound of his voice being closer then before, having not noticed he had moved closer to her. "I don't think we have to worry about him." She whispered back, "He's friends with Mokak. Mokak was captured with me and the others. So I think we can trust him." She said with a small smile. 'At least I hope so.' She mentally added.
The mouse-maid didn't know weather to completely trust Ripper, for he was a part of this gang of vermin…until the disk he was guarding was stolen, the very disk that she had in her pocket.
Kiara looked back to Garth and Mokak. "So how are we going to get out of here?" She asked, so that the three of them could hear.

-ooc- Garth and Mugru. Yes, he is also friends with Mokak, but that's another story.

bic- Mugru looked indignant. He hated it when people mixed up his name. It wasn't exactly common, anyway. "Mugru is Mugru. Not Mokak. Not like Mokak. Mokak mean."
    Garth gave the lizard a warning glance he quieted down. Then he turned to Kiara. "You're right, let's get out of here. There's a small clearing east of here. I 'll talk you there." With that, he and Mugru turned and moved briskly, but quietly, leading the way to safety.

( ooc - sorry, my bad )

Kiara nodded. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Mugru. Do forgive me…" She said and gave a small smile to the lizard before turning to Garth. "..OK...but what about the others?" she asked as she quietly followed the two into the clearing that Garth had told them about.

"Hate to hurry us, but if we don't pick up the pace, then we will be wolf's meat." Flik began pushing the big creature toward the outside of the camp, but his progress on hurrying Garth was to no avail. I should go back and get the bird! No there isn't time… Just then, he went ridged with the sound of howling renting the evening air. "Come on! Lets move!" He began running for all he was worth.

The camp was left in turmoil as the group of escapees disappeared into the night, seeking safer quarters for the moment. But pursuit would not be far behind…

OOC: Topic locked due to length and situation change, and by request of the thread creators. I believe you should still be able to edit your posts. This will be compiled and reposted shortly as story arc material. In the meantime, continue the story in a new thread. May I suggest making the topic name indicate obviously that it is a continuation of this and also noting at the beginning that it continues from here so that other interested parties can educate themselves before jumping in?
CQ, you and Namaste need to get together and hash out that awkward and controversial part for the compilation...

OOC- Ok, but I have moved the remaining part to another thread. This should shape up better. By the way, I like the way you posted that. It was without a character and everything. It was just discribing the scene.

OOC: Thanks, CQ
This thread has been continued within the thread Hunter and Hunted in Mossflower's "Path Toward Redwall.

Views