Once Haru had gone, Shaleslip turned back to Abbot Bob. "Please, forgive my anger and hard words, Father." He dipped his head low and held there.

"While it is true that I do not hold your Martin in as high esteem as your people do, it is not the Warrior that troubles me. I have been here for two months, almost three now, and in that time have I ever proven myself to be less than honest, faithful, and hardworking? I have given myself to the labors of the Abbey, and I have made friends here, including many of the Dibbuns." Shaleslip stretched a paw toward Rumble where the little mole was receiving his own berating. The badger glanced back toward the Abbot. "Yet you would hold the word of a stranger over my own proven character? He claims I have 'lost my way' and yet he does not know me. Every beast here knows of Martin and the Abbey's special reverence for him; could it not be that one would take advantage of that for his own gain?"

Rumble squirmed in Tessa's grip, but couldn't break free. "Picken strawbserries is borren" he complained, hanging his head. "Oi wants t'do funn thengs, loik diggen, or finden eagly-burds."

Actually, now that he thought about it, maybe he would try to find that eagly-bird. He'd been disappointed when it flew away, but maybe he would be able to find it on his own if he looked really hard. All he needed to do would be to sneak out of Redwall when nobeast was watching. Digging would be out of the question (despite how much he really wanted to), as it would take forever for him to have to fill it up if he got caught.

But first, looking at the group of adults with a sense of trepidation, he would have to get through what looked like would be another round of scolding.

Badgers.

Haru paced back and forth at the tower which was now his home.

It would be a cold day in a hot place before he dealt with another badger if they were all like Shaleslip, the vermin in badger skin. But they couldn't, if the legends were true. It was obvious that the one he had met had never heard of Salamandastron.

Ah, Martin, were you mistaken in speaking to me, to find this wretch of a badger? he pleaded. What was he to do? Continue searching, he guessed. He scanned the forest of Mossflower, looking for answers. Any answer.

There was a motion among the trees far away. Something big. Oh, no, not another one! he thought. But he was strangely drawn to it. He lifted off and left the Abbey, heading for the edge of the wood. His curiosity was getting the best of him.

He flew to a tree overlooking the sight. It was an elderly badger, with a staff almost as big as he was. But he didn't look like he had lost his way. Haru felt that he had lost his way. He had failed Martin.

The badger looked up. "And who may you be?" he said.

"I am Haru, but I've had my fill of badgers to take a lifetime."

"And how many badgers have you met, young one?"

"Only one, but he was enough."

The badger gave a booming laugh. "You know very little, small one. Come, land on my staff. We have much to discuss."

Haru obeyed. He didn't know it, but it was a turning point in his life. This was a wise one who would teach the falcon much.

OOC: If any wants to play this badger, who is much like Oogway from the Kung Fu Panda movies, an elderly master who will show Haru the way, please do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLpUev1FvS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3cLEi7Iak

Badgers.

Haru paced back and forth at the tower which was now his home.

It would be a cold day in a hot place before he dealt with another badger if they were all like Shaleslip, the vermin in badger skin. But they couldn't, if the legends were true. It was obvious that the one he had met had never heard of Salamandastron.

Ah, Martin, were you mistaken in speaking to me, to find this wretch of a badger? he pleaded. What was he to do? Continue searching, he guessed. He scanned the forest of Mossflower, looking for answers. Any answer.

There was a motion among the trees far away. Something big. Oh, no, not another one! he thought. But he was strangely drawn to it. He lifted off and left the Abbey, heading for the edge of the wood. His curiosity was getting the best of him.

He flew to a tree overlooking the sight. It was an elderly badger, with a staff almost as big as he was. But he didn't look like he had lost his way. Haru felt that he had lost his way. He had failed Martin.

The badger looked up. "And who may you be?" he said.

"I am Haru, but I've had my fill of badgers to take a lifetime."

"And how many badgers have you met, young one?"

"Only one, but he was enough."

The badger gave a booming laugh. "You know very little, small one. Come, land on my staff. We have much to discuss."

Haru obeyed. He didn't know it, but it was a turning point in his life. This was a wise one who would teach the falcon much.

OOC: If any wants to play this badger, who is much like Oogway from the Kung Fu Panda movies, an elderly master who will show Haru the way.

ooc: ok lets do something? any ideas?

Does anybody here want to play Haru's ancient badger master who shows the falcon the way? T.J.? Waaaaaaah? Pask? I hope to do something about it in the new thread. I don't even know the badger's name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMK-tUkJYO0

((This is an IC thread, not an OOC one, guys. Please remove all OOC-only posts and either start a new thread to discuss things or PM participants. Thanks!))

Tessa shook her head at Rumble, "Now you don't go chasing eagly-burds. You know why? they are known to eat misbehaving dubbins." She set down Rumble, "Especially ones looking for them." She pulled up her hood, "They come after you in the night." She said lowering her voice, and making clicking nose, imitating talons circling Rumbel, "And they have a list, who have been good or not. And when you here them craw, the. You know.. Your on the good list.. But I'd not…" She trailed off and looked at Rumble. Kneeling down next to him she looked him in the eye, "They gobble you up!. Now fill up this hole you dug, and Eagly-burds won't eat you for a midnight snack." She gave a cheery wink, throwing back her hood and pushing Rumble back to his hole.

Abbot Bob gave a shrug, "I've noticed your hard work these past few months and the friends you have made," he glanced over at the two and smiled, "But you can have never enough to friends." He looked at Shaleslip and took the Badgers paw into his own paw. "As the answer to your question, I don't know, that's up to you to find out, when you do let me know."

"O-Okay m-marm,"  Rumble answered, a little frightened by Tessa's description of the eagly-bird. He waddled to the hole, glancing back nervously at the captain. Entering it, he began the tedious process of filling up the tunnel he had made; later, he'd have to fill the hole properly.

As Rumble worked, he thought about what Tessa had said about eagly-birds. They sounded really scary, and suddenly, he wasn't sure anymore if he wanted to be searching for them. Even if the eagly-bird that he'd seen hadn't attacked him in front of the adults. Nevertheless, a little part of him insisted that he should still leave Redwall and search for the bird.

Views