Louis looked around as rifle raised. "I need a status report! how many dead?" He said as the Beagle looked about for a moment. "Capt, we have 8 dead. all the guys in truck one are dead…we lost 3 more in the gunfight." There was a pained expression on his face as he looked about before looking over at Fabi. "Medical team you guys got a head count on wounded?" He said as he waited for the answer but something seemed off before he suddenly called back out to the medics. "Actually hold that thought, Douglas, Xaio....on me." He said as he drew his rifle again as the two formed up on him and began to move  up the hill where the enemy was firing upon. "Alright we need to ID these guys....who are they and where did they get the guns?" Louis stated to the other two as they walked up the hill.

I don't think its dead yet nudges it with a foot I'll just post something since Im bored.

–--hours later, well into the night----

Fabi took off a pair of blood stained gloves and wiped her brow. Looking at her paws she saw they were slightly trembling. Looking in a small mirror, she saw what a mess she looked, blood coated her fur across her face, drying into a dark brown crust, her hair was half falling out of her ponytail and she just looked depleted and exhausted.
Fabi sighed and looked away.

She walked away and slowed as she saw the 8 body bags lined up next to the humvee. Silver tags labeled each solider and she muttered a small prayer as she passed. They will be heading back to base along with the wounded, while the rest who can go forward to find the other drone and maybe figure out why they were under attack. Well that is what Fabi hoped. She saw her crew. Somehow her team managed to come away unscathed which was a relief for Fabi. She stopped and looked at them, "Well done, everyone, today was a rough day, but we made it through..." she paused before continuing her voice soft, "We worked well and as a team, and that really reduced the casualties. I"m  really proud to know all of you guys and that I know that we always have each other back, that no matter what, we keep our eye on the goal and never waver no matter how dire it seems." her voice slighly cracked at the end and she cleared her throat, "Go get some rest, tomorrow will be another day." her team disbanded and Fabi looked up at the night sky, 'Tomorrow will be a better day...' she whispered to the stars, who twinkled in the night sky.

Walking to her Humvee IT (So affectionately called by Fabi as IT) she hopped in, checking on the few wounded under her care, seeing that they were resting peacefully she went over to the bucket. Grabbing a clean rag she got it wet and started to scrub the dirt and blood off her face, the blood that came from the wounded and the ferret she failed to save. She scrubbed harder and harder, part of her wanting to scrub away the whole day away. Looking up she stared at her wet face before dunking her whole head into the bucket of water. Letting out all the air and holding her breath until she started to feel her lungs burst for air. She lifted her head taking a deep intake of breath and letting it out slowly. Tears fell down her face as she opened her eyes, she shook her head, spraying water everywhere before burying her face in a towel. Thank goodness she had a great crew to help her and reduce any more causalities. Wiping her face of tears she checked on wounded again before sitting down and dangling her paw off the edge of IT. Leaning back she looked up at the night sky, deep in thought.

((well with unknown unavailable i think we should just go ahead and put this rp on hold until he returns))

((I apologize deeply for disappearing for so long, a mixture of things rose up. Good to find out I hadn't disappeared for too long.))

(shall we try to resume. I tired of writing random posts…lol)

The entire day the two older beasts had been busy, Mortimer tending to the wounded when he could and giving a few rites to those who couldn't hold on. Lennard meanwhile had been doing a quiet patrol of the area on his own, trying to figure out who the attackers were as well and had a few ideas, none of which sounded good.

The greying mouse had moved around the Humvee IT to take a break and found Fabi leaning back, watching the stars above. A tired smile on his face as he got a towel to wet and clean himself up of dirt and blood. "The stars sure do look beautiful here don't they?" He asked before taking off his glasses and wiping his face.

Fabi heard Mortimer and replied, "it's funny, I've been studying the stars, they are the same consillations as back home." She pointed to a bright colored star, "That's the North Star, follow it and it will bring you home, as it always points north." She directed her gaze to a cluster of stars, "That's Orion, the warrior, always watching and always protecting." She paused and her voice was heavy with sadness, "But the heaven gain a few new stars tonight…8 to be exact," her voice cracked.

She paused for awhile and then said, "I nearly died today... I was so close to..." Her voice trembling,"I Put saving others before myself.. He died.. The ferret Juan, solider ID; 2145 from USA, I was dragging him back when we came under cover. I was gonna be next"...if it wasn't for Xiao..." She trailed off, sobs racking her body as she finally had a chance to think about and it terrified her the sense of calm and working under pressure finally cracked. She buried her face again in the towel she had. Refusing to meet Mortimers eyes, "I nearly died, and 8 died today!" She yelled in the towel, her voice muffled. "How could everything go wrong!? Why us? Why me!!"
Fabi was frustrated, scared, upset and confused. She never had to go through how it felt like to nearly die and that someone died under her care, never had that happen to her.

She lifted her head, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...I shouldn't act like this.." She said trying to calm herself, " i don't know what happened..." She rubbed her eyes vigorously. "Thank you for your help..t-t-today, if it was t for you or Lenard or anyone, more would of been lost... thank you."

A hour passes as Louis and the other arrive carrying something. Once arriving the mouse tossed a military grade vest with a Patch that is very familiar. "F***ing hell was got ambushed by damn Belkans!" He said with a cold look in his eyes. Where did they come from? How did they get here? These thoughts was rushing all through Louis's head as he looked over at the 8 bodies now covered with sheets. He didn't know to much be he did understand one thing… "Everyone get ready to mount up we need to fall back to HQ ASAP. If we stay here any longer we might all get killed by a larger force." He said with a stern tone.

Fabi watched Louis come storming in and curiosity replaced her temporary sadness she felt, as Louis relayed the message of the Belkans and gave the orders to retreat back to headquarters.  Suddenly she didn't feel good, Belkans involved was never good, she and her brother knew that as both had a history with the. Fabi gathered her hair in a ponytail and wearily got to her feet, "Marcus, coming lets get everyone together to move you, you heard the boss." She glanced a Louis, "Let's move out." She debated talking to him or not but then shook her head, packing up everything. After loading the last deceased solider into the HUmvee, Fabi took a little breather, making sure nothing was left behind, only the wreckage and casings littered the ground.

In short order her team was ready to go and it looked like the rest of the group was also ready to go. Marcus volunteered to drive, and Fabi stayed in the back of IT with Stacey to watch over the wounded, during the drive back to HQ, it seemed to go by fast as everyone was either pissed off and tensions high. Fabi and Stacey took turns, on Fabis downtime she found herself nodding off, as the sun started to rise in the east.

Fabi watched Louis come storming in and curiosity replaced her temporary sadness she felt, as Louis relayed the message of the Belkans and gave the orders to retreat back to headquarters.  Suddenly she didn't feel good, Belkans involved was never good, she and her brother knew that as both had a history with the. Fabi gathered her hair in a ponytail and wearily got to her feet, "Marcus, coming lets get everyone together to move you, you heard the boss." She glanced a Louis, "Let's move out." She debated talking to him or not but then shook her head, packing up everything. After loading the last deceased solider into the HUmvee, Fabi took a little breather, making sure nothing was left behind, only the wreckage and casings littered the ground.

In short order her team was ready to go and it looked like the rest of the group was also ready to go. Marcus volunteered to drive, and Fabi stayed in the back of IT with Stacey to watch over the wounded, during the drive back to HQ, it seemed to go by fast as everyone was either pissed off and tensions high. Fabi and Stacey took turns, on Fabis downtime she found herself nodding off, as the sun started to rise in the east.

(you mean Louis? XD. anyways holy hell i actually gave up hope on this thread for awhile)

yeah Louis! lol I don't wanna give up on this…twice now. hahahahaha

( part of me was considering a world war 1 version of this buuttt more like wonder woman. lone solder ends up in a strange world)

((( I haven't watched wonder women yet. I will tonight tho!! Also modified my post, I guess we can get to chatting with Renvi and such about the Belkans and everything))

(heh…about Renvi.....))

@RodoWodo:

(heh…about Renvi.....))

ok I fixed my post…I won't time skip anymore...but whats your grand plan and whats up with Renvi. Is he behind the attack? A DOUBLE AGENT!? lol

just know that those casualties isn't the only ones yall gonna get. and as for  Renvi you shall see.

((Poor Fabi.. her world is gonna turn upside down. Lol

(Im so sorry! I meant to post, but RL caught up and then  the worst case of writers block…ugh.)

Views