"There are two badgers in the castle. We kidnapp the one who isnt a warlord." Brook chuckles with sarcasm. "Seriously though, I have a beast on the inside who can let us in, the hard part is just-"

The door to the tavern bursts open, a lanky excuse for a rat dashes in flailing his arms about while shouting, "RAID! Woodlander dragoons are coming down the road!" in an instant the gambling, heavy drinking, and partying comes to a stand still. Every bandit, thief, and beast with a bounty dashes for the nearest exit.

"Blast it all." the vixen hisses through clentched teeth. With the castle barely a day and a half to the north east it wasnt uncommon to meet a patrol of Stonewall Dragoons along the road. They protected the area against bandits, hunting down criminals both woodlander and vermin.

"As long as we play it cool and dont do anything stupid they should leave us alone. This is a respectable joint…they are probibly just searching for a bounty..." the vixen pauses, glancing over her assembled troops, "Right...new plan. Run like heck. I have a boat near the river..."

"What does the badger look like?" the squirrel taps his chin, "She has her mothers stripes. Two down the center with a white tipped tail. She is usually found in the castle garden. I can get you into the castle but after that-"

The shout of a raid interupts the squirrel, causing him to stand up in haste, "What are they...why would they...they have no reason to..." his tail twitches, "I cant be seen here, not by the dragoons or everything will come undone!"

The mysterious pine marten smiled what looked like a innocent smile. A special trait of his to look like a part if the innocent and naïve. Yet his snicker was enough to show his was far from it. "Da' badger princess in da castle garden vets kidvanpped? Oh woe, vere will be her knight in shining armor?" He said shacking his head. This job seemed to much like some play or folk story. All they need is a dragon. Regardless of how humorous  this was cut short by the group before he smiled and looked at fox who also nodded his head with a grin. The perks of being a foreigner is that all he has to do is speak in a different language and act as clueless as possible. The clueless visitor act always known as one of the best distractions around.

The fox walked over to the squirrel and gave her a nod. "Ve must leave to back door, yes. Not vuch time, Serghei vill handle this." The fox said to the squirrel.

Meanwhile the Pine Marten now identified as Serghei put on his best confused look, leaving anything incriminating with the fox got up and started to walk towards the door "accidentally bumping into one of the guardsmen before turning around. "Vybachte, ya proshu vybachennya za vrizatysya v vas."

(note although I will be calling the language Venusian since that is their homeland, Serghei is speaking Ukrainian)

Fenrath wasn't paying much attention to anything around him, as he was thinking up plans on how to get the daughter of a badger warlord out of a stronghold. He jerked up when he noticed everyone panicking. Fen wasn't frightened, though, guard raids were a common occurrence in the Below of Southsward. He placed a casual arm around the shoulders of the rat, "Well, bally, we'd best get goin' then, yeah?" Fenrath casually walked out of the private booth and into the tavern proper. He made his way to the closest exit, keeping an iron grip on his partner.

(Your move unknown :3 thats right, still alive! >:D)

(speaking of move cool, when are you responding to hot steel and cold blood?)

Oh, a raid seemed to be happening and everyone seemed to be making a quick escape. Pity as he almost started to enjoy the place, almost enough to not burn it down to the ground. Though once he felt the strange otter place an arm around his shoulder and start to lead him to the nearest exit.

"Well, bally, we'd best get goin' then, yeah?" He heard Fenrath say.

"Probably." Smik replied back, all hints of his stuttering speech impediment gone now. (I wish to makez a check to see how many Dragoons entered said tavern. :3)

(Woo! I ended a thread on another site and I can feel my rp enegies returning already! Did you want me to roll for you soldier or have you roll 🙂 you need to roll 1 success to spot a plot hook, 2 to notice the squirrel in the other party 😆 )

(You can roll for me coyote. :3)

(Soldier rolls focus. He rolls 6 success's)

There is nothing that seems to be able to escape Smik's unflinching gaze. There are currently no Dragoons in the tavern, although the light of their torches can be seen through one of the far window. There are about 15 guards if the torches are any indication, marching up the road at a quick pace. They should over take the tavern with in the next minute.

Smik can also catch sight of the assassins and their squirrelly employeer as they go on the move. Alas the back door is through the kitchen and thus requires them to briefly enter the tavern again. One of the assassins seems to bump into not a guard but Brook the vixen on her way to do the same, and speaks in a forign language it would seem.

The beasts heading through the front door return quickly as the draggoon ammass outside the front…

Processing this information of what he sees he decides the next best course of action and steers himself along with Fenrath to where the backdoor was. Just getting to the kitchen through the tavern is all that mattered, deciding to share some information for his apparent co-conspirator by whispering it to him.

"15 Front, One minute." He whispered into to the otter with an iron grip on him so he knew the situation.

Views