Tali gave her friend a quizical look. She had to admit that simular feelings resided in her. She had no desire to live the life of a fisher beast forever, but she also lacked any desire to work for something different.

The cat ponders the rats question. "Nah. I think you will grow up to be someone important." She says solumly, "Like a door stop, or paper weight, or what ever Mr. Cheshnut does." Wrapping her arm around the rat Tali tried to ruffle his head fur. "I don't know what yiu will become but I do know that if we stand here talking all day we wont get home in time for fishy foods. Now quit bellyaching and come on!" She released her grip. Moving south along the beach towards home.

–-----

Liam was doomed.

It wasn't the regular doom that most condemed beasts faced. He was not bound in chains or in prison waiting for his execution, but he was in no less danger.

Liam had served under many captains, under various conditions and jobs. He always dreamed of leading a more secular carreer. A desk job away from the front lines of battle. He was estatic when he was offered the job of Quartermaster do to his skills of organization, record keeping and ability to count past his fingers.

That was when he first started on this ship and before he realized that higher positions here were quite literally for life, and rather short.

In the last two years the ship has gone through three quarter masters, 2 cooks, and more first mates than the marten cared to count.

Their captain did not appreciate failure. Truth be told he didn't appreciate success much either, but he knew how to reward those for their efforts. It was really the only way beasts could tolorate the badgers mood swings...because for as short as their life spans were, they lived like kings, and had power.

Beasts watch the marten shovel down his meal in the mess hall with concerned glances. Their usual mockery of the pine martens eating habbits are absent, replaced by sympathetic  glances. Today the cook even gave Liam extra waffles, Liam's favorite. The pine marten ate them with relish until he thought he would explode.

He ate like it was his last meal. Truth be told he ate every meal as if it was his last. Combined with his lazy attitude and lack of exercise it was the reason the martn's clothes no longer fit him. Rolls of flesh gave Liam a thick pear shaped build. A large rounded gut spills out under his levi vest and over his belt. Despite his weight his snout remains pointed and sharp, save for the begining of a double chin.

After finishing his meal the marten oicks himself up, exchanging sorrowfull glances with the crew before leaving to meet with the captain and inform him that five beasts had jumped ship, taking aifh them many supplies and a sizable section of loot in the night.

The badger would NOT be pleased.

Crosstail how ever was estatic.

"Today's the big day liam!" The fox meets him in the hallway. The red fox was a scraggly sort wifh a bandana wrapped abiut his torn and holy ears. As second mate to the captain the fox employed a certain deranged half sane quality that made him actually enjoy the job despite the dangers.

"Good morning to you cross tail."

"Good morning indeed. Today is the day we get a new quartermaster." The fox skips up the stairs with Liam, "You know the crew is taking bests on how he's gonna do it. Its a tie on beheading or keel hauling."

Liam rubs ag his neck wifh a grimmace. "Me personally i hope its disembowlment. I havnt seen him spill some beasts guts in a while and I want to make your hide into a fancy hat."

The obese marten only whimpers in reply,  Feeling much like a prisoner being dragged to the gallows. He meets the first mate Spot at the captains quarters. The spotted weasel offers a sympathetic look but in reality is thankfull its not his head on the chopping block. They knock once and then all three enter to tell the captain the news...

#feel free to assume that they already tell the captain the news :3#

Jarret gave up – after he had struggled  free from cat's sight of affection, of course. It did not pay the hassle of trying to talk seriously to Tali when the cat was in the mood for joking at every issue. Usually the ocelot's cheerfulness was contagious and just what you needed to brighten the day, but sometimes Jarret couldn't help but think… Well, it might sound little silly, but sometimes he got this feeling like Tali was using it to dodge the topics which made her uncomfortable.

"Yeah, let's go" he said, as he combed down his ruffled head fur.  But they didn't walk long before half-breed spotted two figures walking straight towards them.

Jarret peered more closely and suddenly his facial expression changed like he had just suppressed a pained groan - and as matter of fact, he had.

Over the distance two squirrels were walking alongside the water line, returning from a fishing by the look of things. And it hadn't taken but a flash for Jarret recognize the pair: the Treestump brothers Fliggo and Viska. And it seemed that the squirrels had spotted them too.

What a rotten luck.

If there was something in the village which made him grave away from here, it was the Treestump brothers. A mutual dislike milled between him and squirrels, mainly because of Jarret's temper and 'coz the squirrel were jerks. They had been harassing him ever since the childhood and their personality  hadn't improved much since then.

Tensed, Jarret drew his gaze off into the distance past the Threestump brothers, hoping  for a quick passing. This was too nice day to be ruined by them…

Tack, tack, tack
There was a rhythmical tapping sound which echoed throughout the captain's cabinet, created by the Captain's enormous claws which drummed desk's wooden surface. Thought it sounded more like four daggers stapping the desk in slow but malicious rhythm.

Over his big desk Gargdark Redeye hadn't said a word, only stared at three beast that stood in line in front of  his foreboding silence. He had just received news of betrayal among his crew and Captain Redeye never took betrayal slightly… And the timing for this sort of news was even worse: just a few moments before he had received the report from slaver-master that five more galley-slaves in his flag ship's oars had given up their ghosts. If the pace kept up, his ship would soon end up

So needless to say Gargdark wasn't pleased. And it was always bad thing for beasts like him to get moody. Gargdark was a huge honey badger whose brute force was across the sea. Not only that, but he also had a tricky mind which was in charge of that raw power in charge - even though that mind might have been a bit unglued.  It wasn't a new sight when Captain raged through the cabin, breaking and tearing anything he could reach just because things didn't go as he liked. But sometimes that was even preferred: at least in  those cases you knew that if those knife-like talons reached for you in their bloodlust, your pain would be horrible, but swift.

This time, however, Gargdark just sat there and hammered invisible burning nails into the hides of the present trio -- and particularly on the fatso pine marten, who stood between of the fox and stoat. It meant that Gargdark had enough patience… Not for forgiveness but to contemplate the most terrible fate for the poor sod that had ended up in his blacklist. When honey badger took his time think of the fitting punishment, the pain was guaranteed to be horrible and as prolonged as it was possible.

Suddenly the claws stopped their tapping, their tips resting against the desk as the sudden silence filled the room.

"So… Five yellow-livered bastards just took away with my supplies… with my treasure… at the port we left...  And I'm informed that my quatermaster didn''t find it out until NOW?" As the honey badger spoke, his claws dig slowly into the wood, carving the wooden surface with deep claw marks, betraying away the rage Gargdark was holding inside and which he was about to unleash.

And almost as slowly Gargdark rose from his seat, looming over Liam like Leviathan from the deep.
"This is your job", he boomed, his mouth twisting into teeth-showing grimace. "Your one and only job is take care of the storage and the loot…"
Suddnely and with loud kaboom Gargdark's fist hit the desk, making the sturdy furniture bend under the power of the impact.
"SO HOW IN THE HELL'S GATE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE?"

To his credit Liam remains standing when the first and second mate cringe, but only because Liam was scared strait. The spotted weasel and fox take a step away from the doomed beast.

Crosstail can hardly contain himself. He can only imagine all the grizzly ways the badger plans on killing the useless marten. Will it be a slash across the guts? De pelted? Used as target practice?

The doomed beast Liam clears his throat, coughing politely into his paw. "My appolgoes sir, for bringing this to you so late. I was," stuffing his face silly with his last meal, "Investigating their dissapearence. It's not un common for one or two worthless beasts to follow their cowards heart back to land. But five? That warrents looking into…" Liam speaks slowly, calmly, belitting his rising fear.

"The beasts jump ship after roll call, stealing into the night with exactly 43 dabloons of gold, several pearls, and a few necklaces from our treasure stores."

The fox was getting practically giddy as the marten tries to talk his way out of this. He bites his lip in anticipation. Anymoment now...

"The watchmen actually came to me first. They would have reported first to the second mate. But appearently they feared his anger too much and...hesitated."

Crosstail blinks twice. "Wot?"

"Before you ask. No I did not reprimand the beasts for their hesitation to report the missing beasts, because honestly I feel it was warented in this case. The sailors come to me all the time with complaints against Crosstail and his...well...you know what Crosstail is like."

"Now see here!" The fox raises a paw to the accusation. "Don't listen to him sir! He is just trying to confuse you with his fancy pretty words!" This was wrong. All wrong! Thought the fox.

The weasel takes a further step away from Cross tail. Inwardly he is relieved. The fox is right of course, the marten is speaking half truths. No boubt the crew hated Crosstails guts, but he doubts any had the guts to bring their concerns to even the captain, let alone a coward like Liam. But if it puts a noose around the neck of the insane fox, all the better in his book.

"It makes my job harder when we have beasts like Crosstail throwing his power about the ship, bullying the crew with his remarks and actions. It undermines the beasts trust in us and even pushes beasts to leaving the ship! And quite frankly I feel this fox's attitude is only encouraged by the first mates lack of dicipline!"

And now the weasel gasps. "Now see here!"

"You stay out of this!" The fox growls at the weasel.

"Like the blazes I'm taking a fall for a loud mouth idiot like you, Captain do you know what this beast has put me through?" The weasel begins.

"Me? You're one to talk!" The fox and weasel begin into a loud argument, both eager to NOT be the one to fall on the dreaded blacklist.

Liam for his part mearly steps back and lets them argue it out. If he was going to die, he wasn't going to die alone.

(Welp since I am here I guess it's time for Ezikeil to join, but question, You see I have been wanting to do this but I am trying to rp  a background to Ezikeil( http://www.redwallslegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=2480.0) I wanted to Rp as his father  Dante which if you read Ezikeil's backstory you can see where I am going with this, You see I tried to rp this event before the the rp died before it really began :T. just asking before I post)

#We should take the discussion of the plot in here where we can talk all we want without disturbing the flow of the posts n.n #

Just noticed there are bits and pieces missing from my previous posts… I try to find time to fill them up, but first I post this ^^

Jarret was so focused of staring past the Threestump brothers (pretending like they didn't exist in the first place) that he didn't see the sniggers Fliggo and Viska shared with each other when they passed each other.

So the hall-breed didn't notice, let alone had a chance avoid that fishing-pole that was suddenly pushed to his feet's way. Jarret stumbled and fell right on his face fanfared by brother's laugh.

Suddenly it was very hard to pretend like the squirrels were just an empty air.

"What is your problem?", Jarret snarled angrily while rolling back on his feet, glaring at the squirrel-bothers. Fliggo tossed the fishing pole - the tool of his prank - over his shoulder, mimicking the look of hurt from such accusation.

"Sorry? Was it my fault if you trip over your clumsy feet" Fliggo said all innocent and Viska chuckled.

–------

First and second mate were so busy in switching the blame that they failed to notice how successfully Liam had pushed them in the way of honey badger's anger while he himself had stepped aside from it. As the last thing Gargdark wanted to see right now was his top command-chain quarrel like old village-women in his presence.

Putting it very simply, it was the last straw. Gargdark opened his large maw and ----
"GET OUT! GET OOOOOOUT! ALL OF YOU!"

The  power of Gargdark's roar alone should have been enough to slam the cabin door wide open and fly a trio out. And woe to that unfortunate soul who was still standing there when the honey badger drew the air back into his lungs.

Fools! Each and every one of them! What he should do to get on this ship even one decent beast who could do his job properly without screwing it up? He ought to drag them all under the keel!--He'd….

After a deep breath Gargdarks looks around and was pleased to see that he was left alone. Because otherwise he really would have reduced the all the three beast in his reach into shreds... And he might have regret that later.

Killing off a quartermaster wasn't a big deal… But killing off both first and second mate? Too much trouble -- and now he wasn't referring to the mess on the floorboards that followed when killing somebody brutally. No, it was the trouble that followed after the sweet stress relief.

He knew both Spot's and Crosstail's personalities which made it easier for him to control them… On top of that they had managed to stay on their positions quite a time now (which was accomplishment on this ship) so they knew how things worked and what he demanded from them. If he had killed them both off, then there would be two new beasts stepping in their vacant slots… And Gargdarks didn't have the patience to tolerate newbies learning the ropes, not right now… Thought he did enjoy of scaring them witless.

A small snigger crept on badger's lips. Aaah, the control -- The control over beasts lives was mesmerizing like a drug for which he was not able to get enough of. The freedom  to marvel in how many creative ways you could break someone - physically or mentally depending on the current mood.… Uncover the thin line, the very moment when the force of bending something became the force of breaking it…

…Hel needed to think the befitting punishment. For both Spot and Crosstail. Actually Gargdark didn't much care how much they abused their position as long as his orders were carried out… But if that started to sprout problems like these something needed to be done. He didn't have a need for incompetent underlings.

But maybe not something flashy this time… Maybe it was time for juts some nasty glares, chuckling dangerously as he turned away from them… The little things that would leave the beasts sweating about what the pirate captain was planning for them. The fear they dwelled in while waiting unsure what the future would bring… That trick made beasts  try harder on their tasks, hoping that pleasing the captain would erase their errors made in the past… Yes, that sounded quite right! Now what about the pine marten? Oh, he should think something different for that fat quartermaster…

He was feeling little better now -- at least in that degree that he didn't desire to wreck his chamber. With his musing Gargdark  turned towards the window, looking through the small glass panels which let him have  a good view of the emerald green sea. He caught a glimpse of Darkspawn, a brig with two square-rigged masts, which passed his flagship nimble as ever.

Yes, many in  the crew still called him captain, but more accurate term would be Admiral at this point... His enormous flagship Black Widow had gathered a few other vessels, forming now an entire fleet, Gargdark Redeye's great pirate-horde.

The small vessels were a necessarity for the scouting and quick raids that would bring riches and supplies to him… Black Widow was magnificent, but sadly it wasn't as agile and maneuverable like the smaller ships. But it really made the goodbeasts shiver when her black silhouette appeared on the horizon. The great port strongholds fell before him and his force so those landlubbers had every reason to be scared of him!

And the fame of his deeds brought more beasts wanting to join him, making his power grow. But with more beasts under his flag came problems like these: disobedience, lack of discipline, desertion… Something needed to be done…

Gargdark scratched his chin thoughtful, still looking the sea.

I just assumed that the vermin-trio ran like the fire under their tails xD ..But if not, I'll modify my post ^^

Having ran like the blazes were lit under their tails the trio of vermin exchange worried glances before parting ways. Both beasts let their gaze linger on the pine marten who smiled pleasently at them. His actions had effectivily spared them all a horrible death while putting a rift between them but such is life Liam supposes.

His two new enemies stalk off in different directions leaving the marten to himself. Once they were out of sight Liam nearly collapsed. It seems that his last meal this morning was premature! This called for a celebratory feast to commemorate the fact that he could still have one. The beast picks himself up then moves out.

He needed off of this ship…

Xia let out a gasp as her ratty companion gets a facefull of dirt. "Of all the low down dirty dubious dispicable dasterfly deeds!" Xia seems to have put that dictionary at home to use. "Cowards! For shame! Only an honorless beast stoops to violence." Tail twitching in agitation the cat crosses her arms. "Jerret, get back on your feet and honorably fight for your honor!"

Wagging a finger at the squirrels the cat continues to shout at them, "You picked the wrong beast to mess with! Jarrets going to kick your tail up and down this beech and then shove it down your throat!"

Dirty dubious dispicable… Fliggo and Viska looked at Tali dumfound like they didn't understand the half she was talking about. And it wasn't a surprise: only a handful of beasts in the village knew how to read or write, so fancy words weren't in ordinary townsfolk oration.

Same was with Jarred – as illiterate as the brothers were, he too couldn't tell if the ocelot was insulting the squirrel brothers or not… But 'Honorably fight for you honor…'? Okay, he wasn't a bookworm, but that sentence just felt somewhat off…

"Psah!", Fliggon scorned when Tali was back with the words he could understand. "I'd like see him to try–Uufh!"
That last sound was born when Jarred tossed himself against Fliggon's midsection, making the squirrel lose the air from his lungs while he was tackled on the sand by the half-mouse. Viska yelped and jumped away from the two, startled how fast the half-breed had managed to get up.

"Hey! Let go of my brother you –!" Viska yelled as he raised his fishing pole, ready to whack Jarret with it.

A timid knock on his door woke up Gargdark from his thoughts and he gave impatient grunt, announcing, that comer was better either enter or leave, because he wasn't in mood of wasting his time.

Quickly after that the door opened and weasel with bandana entered nervously.  Clearly the crew-member had been in a earshot (which probably had been the whole ship, considering the immense power of the honey badger's lungs ) when Gargdark had practically shouted his lieutenants out of the door. And now he was very unsure should the horde lord be bothered right this moment. Usually Gargdark enjoyed of seeing fear in his subjects, but right now it made him irritated, as clearly the weasel was too nervous even to speak.

"Yesss?", the honey badger drew that word between his exposed  teeth, his eyes narrowing

It was a perfect hint and the weasel saluted quickly. "The Darkspawn sent a message, sir", he said started, thinking  it best to explain his case quickly before the captain's calmer mood took a turn to worse. "T-the fisher-beast we caught earlier… They found the coast-village he was talking about. Not far away from our location, sir…"

A cruel smirk emerged on Garddark's lips, Finally, some good news around here! This could solve at least two of his current problems. First, he was in need of fresh oar-slaves. Secondly this sounded like perfect diversion for his discordant crew. What was the better way clear the air than raiding some woodlander colony?

"Tell the helmsbeast to take us there… but with a detour. I want my ship to arrive in the dark of night…"

It is about here that Tali realizes that she may have helped create this problem.

She stands back, paw over her muzzle as she watches the fight ensue.  The horror quickly passes as she once again eggs the rat to defend his honor once again. She lets out a loud, "Kick him the shin! No the other shin! Come on, where did you learn to fight? Throw him a left! A left! Ooo, that looks painfull…"

"Indeed it does."

The young occelot seems to freeze, tail poofing to the sound of the voice behind her. Tali gulps turning towards the occelot that appears beside her. Uncle Vrasku always was light on his feet.

Dressed in only a sash and fox tooth necklace the ocelot stood taller than Tali with a fishing spear over one shoulder. He has a scraggly appearence with a wiry build.  His fur complextion was darker than Tali's

"Ahem." the cat says as he tames out the wheat he haz been chewing on. "Are you boys all done yet?" he says in a flat tone.

(Time to join in before Ezikeil misses the Party bus.)

The Defiance, there isn't a ship quite like it. She was a relatively mid sized ship and yet there was something about her that set her apart from the rest. Of course many a sailor or even the lucky corsair had a ship but they always went for ships such as the classic Galleons or even mighty slave ships that make a snail look like a Olympic runner. Now this ship was a bit more.. unique. She was a finely crafted East Indiamen class ship. These ships was meant to not only take and deal out massive damage but even carry large loads while maintaining a decent speed. Now The Defiance was one of these ships, with the perfect blend of white and velvet red along with her massive white sails fluttering in the wind. She was an Icon in the south. She hailed for a Island nation known as the Caribe in the warmer southern seas that was known for its "markshift navy" that consisted of ships of many different backgrounds. The Defiance bore two flags, one for the Island Nation that flew at full mast and a black flag directly below it that meant only one thing, Pirates. Yet there was only thing more Iconic then the beauty, her Captain.

Ezikeil, a ferret whom was barely into Adulthood strode out of the Captain's Quarters of the ship. He wore a simple collared shirt with rolled sleeves to his elbows along with his brown breeches and black leather boots. With a Straw hat blocking the sun from his eyes it would be near impossible to not view this Captain as a simple cabin boy or even a apprentice. Ezikeil looked around the ship a fox walked up to him. "Slept well, Cap'?" The fox asked. "Last night ye looked like the dead, laddie!" The ferret shook his head smiling at the fox's joke. "Armos, it was a long night. Especially thanks to all those rouge waves." He said trying to forget that he had to spend several hours trying to avoid any disaster due to a wave striking the ship in a awkward angle. Pushing the lingering thoughts away Ezikiel decided it was time to bring up a far more important matter. "Apparently we are running low on supplies since that mountain "incident"." Ezikeil wasn't fond of bringing up that incident back when he was testing out the new artillery in what he thought was a empty spot of beach and mountain. Little did he know and thanks to the idiot who sold them the charts to the area with this claim it had turned out the mountain held a fortress filled with militarized fighting hares. Needless to say that was a interesting weekend thanks to the flags his ship beared. Yet they did head back home to port but since there was still plenty of supplies they didn't restock, a decision the ferret is kicking himself for."Armos isn't there a  small fishing town nearby so we can restock?" Ezikeil asked while adjusting his hat. The fox shook his head with a grin. "Aye, lad there is. A bit west of here actually. If we change course now we should make it by dawn, maybe even earlier at full sail." The ferret nodded and smiled." Alright tell the crew to change course to the west, full sail." The fox nodded before turning to shout out the orders to the crew.

(Well then I think I made a finely crafted entrance xP. And Yes The East Indiamen is a actual type of ship.)

Views