Posting anything on the internet about religion seems to be asking for a flame war. I am impressed this thread didn't become one!

To Vikenti: Everyone here is very friendly and open-minded. So, I'm not surprised that nothing bad has happened in this thread.

To anyone else: I consider myself to be christian, but I am not officially part of any religion and that's because the church I used to go to was very mean to my dad. They pretty much forced him to do almost all maintenance and cleaning there and that's why we left. I don't really going to church anyway because a lot of people just misconstrue the facts and that just ticks me off.

Not to mean any disrespect, but of all the topics of conversation in the world, religion is one of those things I'm very sensitive to, and so I don't like to talk about it. This is not to say that I'm anti-religious, because I'm not. This is just a very touchy subject that makes me extremely uncomfortable. So please, I'll have no part in this.

Thank you for listening.

My parents were raised Catholic. They were Good Catholics, the kind that went to Mass every Sunday and I know for a fact that Mom's family often had both the priests and some of the sisters for dinner. Mom put the first three of us in Catholic school (mostly because the public schools weren't so great). But after we moved, we stopped practicing.

I consider myself Catholic, but I'm afraid that the Catholic Churches around here would probably refuse me from the fold because of my views.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding NIV

This thread has been resurrected twice now. I know you guys like your resurrections, but really!  😛

Never doubt the inevitability of theological discussion.

Dues Vult.

Christian. That's all I have to say.

Christain! not catholic, not baptist, Christain! not that i have anything against it, i was raised this way, and i love it ^^

I used to be LDS (Mormon), but I don't identify with any one religion anymore. If God exists, he will judge us by our actions and intentions, not by the church we attended.

I dont really agree with the action part, but thats just me, but i do agree with the part weere he wont judge us because of our churches.

Views